Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Study: Another Point for Genetic Determinism, Over for no Talentcels

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
One concept that has been floating around is the idea that if you practice something for 10000 hours, then you will become an expert at it no matter where you are starting out from. This idea was created by the journalist Malcom Gladwell in the book Outliers, based on the success of the Beatles, who had played for more than 10000 hours and Bill Gates who had programmed for 10000 hours at the age of 13.

Recently there are many sources arguing against it, for a number of reasons, such as people who had practiced for much less than 10000 hours being more talented than those who had practiced more and the idea that if you are good at something you are more likely to find it enjoyable and practice it, so the talent was innate rather than being a result of effort.

A 2014 Princeton study disproves the 10000 hour rule. In a meta-analysis of 88 studies on deliberate practice, the researchers found that practice accounted for just a 12% difference in performance in various domains. The percentages varied considerably between different areas. In games, practice made for a 26% difference, In music, it was a 21% difference, In sports, an 18% difference In education, a 4% difference. In professions, just a 1% difference.

The most interesting thing about this data is that performance in areas which are considered the most valuable in modern society, most people aren't expected to be great at games, music or sports, doing so is considered a rare talent, whereas most people are expected to perform decently in education and employment, are the hardest to change with deliberate effort. Basically your ability to make a decent wage through education and employment, is pretty much set by your genetic intelligence, and practice makes little to no difference in improving it.

Last edited:
One concept that has been floating around is the idea that if you practice something for 10000 hours, then you will become an expert at it no matter where you are starting out from. This idea was created by the journalist Malcom Gladwell in the book Outliers, based on the success of the Beatles, who had played for more than 10000 hours and Bill Gates who had programmed for 10000 hours at the age of 13.

Recently there are many sources arguing against it, for a number of reasons, such as people who had practiced for much less than 10000 hours being more talented than those who had practiced more and the idea that if you are good at something you are more likely to find it enjoyable and practice it, so the talent was innate rather than being a result of effort.

A 2014 Princeton study disproves the 10000 hour rule. In a meta-analysis of 88 studies on deliberate practice, the researchers found that practice accounted for just a 12% difference in performance in various domains. The percentages varied considerably between different areas. In games, practice made for a 26% difference, In music, it was a 21% difference, In sports, an 18% difference In education, a 4% difference. In professions, just a 1% difference.

The most interesting thing about this data is that performance in areas which are considered the most valuable in modern society, most people aren't expected to be great at games, music or sports, doing so is considered a rare talent, whereas most people are expected to perform decently in education and employment, are the hardest to change with deliberate effort. Basically your ability to make a decent wage through education and employment, is pretty much set by your genetic intelligence, and practice makes little to no difference in improving it.
And then we go and build our societies upon the idea that hard work matters :feelskek: :feelskek: our gay species needs to be eradicated

Just show up and be talented theory

I play piano, i finger minors daily, @Napoleon de Geso is mogged by me as i live out his ultimate dream
:feelskek:

There's a G Factor after all.

Chads are born, not made

Time to build the International Incel Orchestra I guess

There must be something that you're talented at.

Total BS research from Princeton. I used to be bad at English when I was in middle school. My grades were usually a mere 40/100! I couldn't understand the logic behind the language despite the teacher's explanation. But as soon as my dad bought me a computer in 2004, I began to read articles and listen to music in English. And that made me improve a lot. I don't have any problems with English anymore, and I believe I'm quite competent in it.

My math skills sucked before going back to uni. I was outperformed miserably by the kids who were fresh out of high school. But after two years in the course, I started to outperform the same kids who were beating me in math and physics. I spent a lot of time practicing calculus and physics and that's how I sharpened my skills.

Total BS research from Princeton. I used to be bad at English when I was in middle school. My grades were usually a mere 40/100! I couldn't understand the logic behind the language despite the teacher's explanation. But as soon as my dad bought me a computer in 2004, I began to read articles and listen to music in English. And that made me improve a lot. I don't have any problems with English anymore, and I believe I'm quite competent in it.

My math skills sucked before going back to uni. I was outperformed miserably by the kids who were fresh out of high school. But after two years in the course, I started to outperform the same kids who were beating me in math and physics. I spent a lot of time practicing calculus and physics and that's how I sharpened my skills.

A lot of incels just seek out excuses to do nothing and pat themselves on the back for it

A lot of incels just seek out excuses to do nothing and pat themselves on the back for it
Ah yes, I am familiar with this vice. I call it "blackpills."

A personal anecdote cannot be compared to an exhaustive study, Perhaps your skills improved over the normal course of development during your teenage years and practice helped with that a little, the study does mention practice can produce slight improvement.

Ah yes, I am familiar with this vice. I call it "blackpills."

I think its become a normal thing of inceldom (incel culture) to conflate "effort/goals" with "being a blue pilled idealist & optimist" and "giving up/ldar" with "being a black pilled realist & nihilist"

The irony of that sad framework though is that it makes accomplishments (achieving things to your personal benefit) an exclusive thing THAT NORIMES OWN AS "THEIR CULTURE", and normies will have all of the "success stories", all of the wealth, power, influence, etc, which will make their side look like a better side to join (which makes coping incels in denial all the more easy to indoctrinate into a life of perpetual failure and wasted effort think that "they just have to try", when what is important is WHAT THEY TRY)

That's the trick, it creates a self fulfilling prophecy of realists/nihilists being failures because they see the only way to be a realist/nihilist is to LITERALLY DO NOTHING AND JUST COMPLAIN, and it creates the cope and false reality that being positive and "working hard" will get you what you want (as many blue pilled men will see optimistic normies "winning" at life), which will trap many blue pilled men in a life of perpetual and pointless failure

You are one of the idiots I'm taking about, you project stipulations onto knowledge, the black pill is a set of knowledge, it doesn't stipulate anywhere in the doctrine what you do with said knowledge, but idiots like yourself always want to project "do nothing" onto the black pill doctrine as thought that's the only thing you can do with it, while ironically complaining everyday about "nothing changing", you can't even connect the dots, "doing something" won't guarantee changes to your life, but doing nothing does guarantee nothing with change, so you've rejected a possible positive for a definite deficit

You are one of the idiots I'm taking about, you project stipulations onto knowledge, the black pill is a set of knowledge, it doesn't stipulate anywhere in the doctrine what you do with said knowledge, but idiots like yourself always want to project "do nothing" onto the black pill doctrine as thought that's the only thing you can do with it, while ironically complaining everyday about "nothing changing", you can't even connect the dots, "doing something" won't guarantee changes to your life, but doing nothing does guarantee nothing with change, so you've rejected a possible positive for a definite deficit
What are you going on about? I never claimed swallowing blackpills entails behaving in a particular way. I simply observe that the blackpill doctrine is commonly used to self-cripple. I don't know why you think I complain about nothing changing, or that I've rejected something or other.

I simply observe that the blackpill doctrine is commonly used to self-cripple

Sorry, I'm assuming english isn't your first language, the way your sentence was phrased, it seemed as if you were stating that the black pill itself is the excuse rather than incels rationalizing excuses from the black pill

Okay? That just means you combined hard work/exposure with an above average intelligence. You didn't disprove a single claim Princeton makes. If you outperform your class in math that means that you are quite genetically intelligent, you should understand this equation too.