Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Whitepill] Stoicism in the face of inceldom

Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
Stoicism is a philosophy that seems especially apt when dealing with the situation that many incels find themselves in.

Whether foids like us or not is almost entirely outside of our control. This is what the :blackpill: teaches us when stripped down to its bare essentials. Sure, we might looksmaxx, moneymaxx, gymmaxx, or whatever else we think might increase our SMV even a little. But in the end, it's a total crapshoot in the dark whether our efforts will prove to be sufficient, whether all of our maxxing has pushed us just enough over the attractiveness threshold where at least some non-hideous foids will want us. Femoids, being the primary sexual selectors of our species, hold all the power in this particular game. You cannot change that.

However, what I can at least somewhat control is how much of my mental energy, positive or negative, I give to foids. Gradually I've learnt not to dwell on my inceldom all day. While I certainly like to spend ample amounts of time on this forum, foids rarely come up in my mind anymore when I'm away from it. I also won't indulge anymore in the little infatuations that used to both delight and torment my daydreams. Foids are simply not worth that kind of mental "real estate". Dabbling with dating apps, in the hopes of finding Miss One-in-a-Million, is also a thing of the past. It's boring af and produces far too few results to justify the time investment required.

Of course I cannot promise that I won't experience a relapse ever again. But that's not the point of stoicism, to my mind at least. Becoming the "perfect" stoic isn't so much a destination that we must reach at some point in our lives. I consider it more a distant horizon to calmly walk towards, as I once again take possession of the free open landscape that is my life.

Who are those people by whom you wish to be admired? Are they not these whom you are in the habit of saying that they are mad? What then? Do you wish to be admired by the mad?
The more we value things outside our control, the less control we have.\
The chief task in life is simply this: to identify and separate matters so that I can say clearly to myself which are externals not under my control, and which have to do with the choices I actually control. Where then do I look for good and evil? Not to uncontrollable externals, but within myself to the choices that are my own...
— All from Epictetus.

Last edited:
Are you an existentialist?

stoicism is a literal cuck philosophy, aurelius knew his wife was cheating on him and did nothing. only based philosopher is diogenes

only right philosophy is extreme violence

This. Stoicism is redditsoy philosophy

Get a new one. It was pretty easy back then
And if she cheats again? Get another one, ad infinitum? Aurelius was quite wise to just let foids be foids.

And if she cheats again? Get another one, ad infinitum? Aurelius was quite wise to just let foids be foids.
These niggas had basically unlimited access to foids, especially young prostitutes for peasant rates.

in order to be a proper stoic you need to have brain damage

I agree on the part where you should not let foids get too much into ur head and also working hard and living minimalistically should be the way of life.

This forum is just a temporary station

@ScornedStoic thoughts?

These niggas had basically unlimited access to foids, especially young prostitutes for peasant rates.
Sure. But what's the point of marrying then? I can't look into the guy's head obviously, but Aurelius probably saw that whatever he wanted out of marriage wasn't to be had, so he just left it at that. Much like the modern MGTOWs.
he's literally emperor of almost all of the known world, whatever the fuck he wants.
Sure, an emperor can kill whoever he wants dead. But: would that necessarily make him happy? Revenge may be sweet in the moment, but I don't think the sweetness lasts all that long. Perhaps Aurelius, wisely, recognized this and decided to do nothing.

Last edited:
Sure. But what's the point of marrying then? I can't look into the guy's head obviously, but Aurelius probably saw that whatever he wanted out of marriage wasn't to be had, so he just left it at that. Much like the modern MGTOWs.
There's not point. Marrying, even back then, was/is cucked. His wife was basically his property and had no rights but she still cheated on him. Aurelius was probably just a cuck

Stoicism is defeatism.
Existential nihilism is the face of inceldom.
Egoism, Machiavellianism, and individualism are the paths of inceldom.

I was trying to organize the strategy and plans for a political movement. And the key of my philosophy was doing what we could actually control. Eg.. not participating in elections where we don't count the votes, we have no idea how people will vote, diebold computers shifts votes.. all things we have zero control over.

Then I was developing things we did have control over. But it was too complex for these conservatives and they just wanted to focus on voting and supporting Trump.

After Trump couldn't control the government while President and then lost in the election, I said now are you guys ready to listen.. nope.

I said that is ok, because I don't control you. I offered my wisdom which is all I could do.

Stoicism is a good practice to harden yourself against uncomfortable situations and times but in no way will you ever be able to surpress what you feel. If you are lonely youll just tell yourself i am stoic, but that wont change the fact that when you see a couple or a cute chick youll feel terrible inside. Its just a cope.

Sure, an emperor can kill whoever he wants dead. But: would that necessarily make him happy? Revenge may be sweet in the moment, but I don't think the sweetness lasts all that long. Perhaps Aurelius, wisely, recognized this and decided to do nothing.
:feelspuke::feelspuke::feelspuke:
The fuck did I just read...

stoicism is a literal cuck philosophy, aurelius knew his wife was cheating on him and did nothing.
Indeed.

Bbbuuuttt buut bruh ! You gotta stay sane in insane evironment bruh, you gotta accept if you become a slave bruh ! You shouldnt complain bruh, man up bruh! :bluepill::bluepill::redpill::bluepill::bluepill::feels::feels:

Nothing but slave mentality, they probably end up not doing anything if someone hurts them or steals from them, because of "you gotta be stoic bruh" cope.

Definitly not something a smart men would do.

There is a canteen on the ground floor of the British Museum in London, a corner of which overlooks artifacts and statues of the ancient Greeks.

Towards closing time they are few if any visitors and for a brief few minutes it's possible to pretend I am back in ancient Athens waiting for Socrates and Plato to wander around the corner.

Last edited:
Stoicism is a good practice to harden yourself against uncomfortable situations and times but in no way will you ever be able to surpress what you feel. If you are lonely youll just tell yourself i am stoic, but that wont change the fact that when you see a couple or a cute chick youll feel terrible inside. Its just a cope.

Adopting this mindset is also what revealed the gaslighting from normies. When I was foolish enough to share my experiences of rejection, responses would commonly center around changing my personality. "Less negativity", "You can control your emotions", etc. This is nonsense. With discipline, one can control their actions and demeanor around people, but not their emotions. Its a combination of them being tone deaf and trying to invoke the just world fallacy either because they cannot conceive/empathize with our experiences or because what we say can't be logically refuted and it makes them uncomfortable.

Either way, society at large essentially wants us to suffer in silence. Our experiences threaten the bluepilled worldview and in particular, detail less than savory facts about women, which is heresy in gynocentrism.

On the other hand, stocism is good in a pessimistic sense simply because no-one is interested in helping us with our problems anyway. You could say its forced on us, similar to the blackpill.

Cucked asf. One should feel desire, and feel it intensely and let it drive him far as so pivotal a matter as mating is concerned, either in the direction of obtaining his desire or helping shape society so that there aren't artificial barriers placed in his path by feminism and Cuckristianity. Of course stoicism is admirable. I admire the figure of the Catholic priest and the Buddhist monk (Schopenhauer argued that true Christianity has a buddhist core) but unfortunately these matters provoke involuntary feelings of social comparison which provokes anxiety at the monkey brain level and therefore perpetual discontent. And surely always having to you use your frontal cortex to remind yourself to endure and suppress the dissatisfaction of your core self isn't pleasant. That the discontent of the incel in the West -- and surely a certain sort of perpetual distress that the Western male is under -- justifies Islam's attitude towards sex and women is the biggest lol surprise revelation for me. :feelshaha::feelshaha::blackpill::blackpill:

Last edited:
numbness comes from life experiences. stoicism is simile to this type of wishful erroneous thinking that I'd describe as one's specious ,,voluntary control" in face of despair.

stoicism is a literal cuck philosophy, aurelius knew his wife was cheating on him and did nothing. only based philosopher is diogenes
diogenes was pretty based but don't sleep on nihilism, existentialism, and absurdism :feelsokman: