Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Star Wars will never be like it was during my childhood

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
When i was a child, i grew up on the original trilogy, and the Phantom Menace. I didn't fully see episode 2 and 3 till a little later in life. But the Original Trilogy is what Star Wars is to ME. And i hooked up my old VCR earlier and popped in A New hope (it's Star Wars, calling it "A New Hope" is not how i like to refer to it as) and watched the opening scene.

Movie instantly drew me back in. Watched it up until the scene when Leia is taken away captive. I stopped it, not only cause it's a decent length film, but it made me sort of feel weird. Like, i haven't really watched these since i was a kid, and maybe it's best i let them stay that way. A nostalgic memory. And to not taint these movies with my adult depression, regrets and lack of will to continue forward. To me, Star Wars is special for all the reasons it was made for. For kids to play, dream, and fantasize about.

It's what made George Lucas want to make these films anyway. For the "new" generation to experience something to look up to and enjoy. He enjoyed Flash Gordon growing up as a kid, and wanted to make something like that. He also drew inspiration from Samurai Films.

But my main thing, is that it was for kids. He's stated multiple times that Star Wars is for 12 year olds, and i agree. Most people grew up with star wars, and it was a big part of their childhood. For me, i think i want to leave it like that, to not taint it.

To me, Star Wars was pretending to be Luke Skywalker on the playground, fighting Darth Vader. To me, Star Wars is playing with your action figures, doing something that you'll never be able to properly experience again in life. To PLAY with toys, and use your imagination to fill the gaps. Now of course, you can try doing that today, but it will never FEEL the same. The ability to transport yourself into a whole new world is something that can rarely be done with just imagination alone. As an adult, i usually do this via videogames, or watching a movie. But it is using OTHER people's imaginations, not my own.

Enjoying Star Wars as a kid is something i'll never truly be able to get back. No matter how much i rewatch the films, listen to the soundtrack, look at an artbook or play a videogame. But it still holds a spot in my heart and mind, that nothing Disney make can replace.

Watch fandom menace material. It's getting me through this shit.

Watch fandom menace material. It's getting me through this shit.
I watch a lot of Youtube content about Star Wars. I've heard of Fandom Menace but have never looked into what it is. Worldclassbullshitters are also really good. They cover how modern Star Wars toys, and hell star wars toys in general are not selling. Both due to being overpriced, simplified shit, and of course the newer films aren't getting children's attention anymore.

I watch a lot of Youtube content about Star Wars. I've heard of Fandom Menace but have never looked into what it is. Worldclassbullshitters are also really good. They cover how modern Star Wars toys, and hell star wars toys in general are not selling. Both due to being overpriced, simplified shit, and of course the newer films aren't getting children's attention anymore.
I am listening to them now. I hate the bullshit going on with the obi wan series. Kathleen needs to be fired. There has never been creative difference bullshit in anything but her garbage and most of it turned out fine. Fallen Order, Mandalorian for example.

I am listening to them now. I hate the bullshit going on with the obi wan series. Kathleen needs to be fired. There has never been creative difference bullshit in anything but her garbage and most of it turned out fine. Fallen Order, Mandalorian for example.
Haven't seen/played Fallen Order and The Mandalorian, but i hear they are both fantastic. I've seen clips from the show, and seen stuff from the game, and i think it's the best Star Wars related things Disney has put out since buying Star Wars.
Battlefront 2015 was garbage, Battlefront 2 2017 was bad until the took out microtransactions and added a bunch of DLC, and now it's actually pretty nice.
Force Awakens was good at first, then i liked it less. I still give it a 5/10 overall.
Rogue One was shitty story and character writing but everything else was good.
The Last Jedi i actually enjoyed first viewing, but then the second and third viewing i ended up hating a lot of it.
never saw Solo.
And have yet to see The Rise of Skywalker. I've heard the spoilers about it, and i probably wouldn't like it much. I can assume there'd be a scene or two, or a shot or two that i would really like, but i think the film would somehow be worse than TLJ

Fuck the Mouse. Star Wars is trash now.

Fuck the Mouse. Star Wars is trash now.
Exactly. Like 75% or more of Star Wars fans agree on this. Yet Disney still puts out there garbage.
Since they own Fox, they should release the original trilogy in it's theatrical cuts on Blu Ray and in 4k.
Also get the 2003 Clone Wars short series on Blu ray on one whole disc.
Maybe even get the Holiday Special officially released

I never liked star wars, but I liked the lego games

Haven't seen/played Fallen Order and The Mandalorian, but i hear they are both fantastic. I've seen clips from the show, and seen stuff from the game, and i think it's the best Star Wars related things Disney has put out since buying Star Wars.
Battlefront 2015 was garbage, Battlefront 2 2017 was bad until the took out microtransactions and added a bunch of DLC, and now it's actually pretty nice.
Force Awakens was good at first, then i liked it less. I still give it a 5/10 overall.
Rogue One was shitty story and character writing but everything else was good.
The Last Jedi i actually enjoyed first viewing, but then the second and third viewing i ended up hating a lot of it.
never saw Solo.
And have yet to see The Rise of Skywalker. I've heard the spoilers about it, and i probably wouldn't like it much. I can assume there'd be a scene or two, or a shot or two that i would really like, but i think the film would somehow be worse than TLJ
I didn't hate battlefrotn 2015 because i was so starved for star wars content. And there's still scariff and a few cool heroes exclusive to it like greedo and dengar that are in there.

IMO they should add royal guards, grievous bodyguards, and jedi apprentices that are all like mini heroes that cost 75% as much. And they need to make mace windu, jango fett heroes immediately.
You should see solo it's actually my favorite disney movie. And rogue one is okay meh I just hate the character stuff because I wasn't invested in them and they sacrificed a lot of fast paced plot to focus on them.
To some people, especially leftist fags they hate rise more than last jedi. I kind of liked it more because seeing the sith back is pretty cool, and kylo's role is fun.
Overall though it has the sjw garbage and leia was actually handled okay.
But they were self aware the SJW shit is what fans hated. The only reason this movie made a billion was because of fan service.
To some people, especially leftist fags they hate rise more than last jedi. I kind of liked it more because seeing the sith back is pretty cool, and kylo's role is fun.
Overall though it has the sjw garbage and leia was actually handled okay.
But they were self aware the SJW shit is what fans hated. The only reason this movie made a billion was because of fan service.

Star wars was ruined by disney. Disney turns evrything it touches to shit.

Ever since the mouse took over it has become more SJW bait bs to appease the soys. I fucking hate what star wars has become and I will never forget Disney for it.

Legends > Canon

Ever since the mouse took over it has become more SJW bait bs to appease the soys. I fucking hate what star wars has become and I will never forget Disney for it.

Legends > Canon
Imagine how disney will treat revan who is technically canon now because the sith trooper divisions were named after sith.

Under the Final Order, the Sith trooper and Sith jet trooper forces were grouped into legions of 5,000 soldiers, with each battalion named after a past Sith title that held significance within the Sith Eternal. The 3rd Legion was named after the Sith Revan, the 5th Legion was named after Andeddu, the 17th Legion was named after Tanis, the 26th Legion was named after Tenebrous, the 39th Legion was named after Phobos, and the 44th Legion was named after Desolous.[1] A Final Order battalion,[source?] the 105th Battalion, consisted of Sith troopers and Sith Jet troopers.[8]

Imagine how disney will treat revan who is technically canon now because the sith trooper divisions were named after sith.

Under the Final Order, the Sith trooper and Sith jet trooper forces were grouped into legions of 5,000 soldiers, with each battalion named after a past Sith title that held significance within the Sith Eternal. The 3rd Legion was named after the Sith Revan, the 5th Legion was named after Andeddu, the 17th Legion was named after Tanis, the 26th Legion was named after Tenebrous, the 39th Legion was named after Phobos, and the 44th Legion was named after Desolous.[1] A Final Order battalion,[source?] the 105th Battalion, consisted of Sith troopers and Sith Jet troopers.[8]
I have mixed feelings about Disney making an Old Republic storyline tbh.
I think they could pull it off if they don't try to shove in more feminist propaganda (Satele Shan is a thing so most likely they will).
Also TROS could have been way better had Rian Johnson not killed off Luke so we could have seen an epic fight towards the end between the Lord Sith and the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

Cliffs: The sith troopers sucked ngl they were killed off by people riding space horses jfl

Never watched any of the original star wars ever

Clone Wars and Mandalorian are the only things keeping me interested in Disneywars

I have mixed feelings about Disney making an Old Republic storyline tbh.
I think they could pull it off if they don't try to shove in more feminist propaganda (Satele Shan is a thing so most likely they will).
Also TROS could have been way better had Rian Johnson not killed off Luke so we could have seen an epic fight towards the end between the Lord Sith and the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

Cliffs: The sith troopers sucked ngl they were killed off by people riding space horses jfl
They won't pull it off.
Yes that is funny. But it's at least better than ewoks.

Yeah man I love star wars and the new movies are genuinley some of the worst movies I've ever seen. On another note has anyone noticed how cynical a lot of movies are nowadays? Like there were some dark movies back then but they had some hope in them movies nowadays seem to have every hero fail or feel like nothing the heroes did matter and I hear tons of people say they want the heroes to fail because "depressing movies are better".