Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Star Wars vs Lord of the rings | battle of goyslop

Idk if star wars is that good, I think its just a famous case of Just Be First Theory, similar to Penguinz0 blowing up on YT

Idk if star wars is that good, I think its just a famous case of Just Be First Theory, similar to Penguinz0 blowing up on YT
I'd argue that for original Star Wars. Prequels imo have the best sword fights and action of any fantasy or science fiction movie although they're a bit shitty outside of those fights. I'd much rather watch Revenge of the Sith than dune purely because of action and music.

Star Wars is more fun but Lord of the Rings is of vastly higher quality.

Star Wars was basically George just coming up with shit partially on the fly with no clear direction and I think I heard that he heavily ripped off from the Dune story or whatever for SW’s narrative.

Meanwhile LOTR’s was a fully fleshed out and carefully crafted story and universe created by a brilliant author.

So as far as overall quality and direction goes LOTR’s wins by a mile but again Star Wars is arguably more fun.

Star Wars is more fun but Lord of the Rings is of vastly higher quality.

Star Wars was basically George just coming up with shit partially on the fly with no clear direction and I think I heard that he heavily ripped off from the Dune story or whatever for SW’s narrative.

Meanwhile LOTR’s was a fully fleshed out and carefully crafted story and universe created by a brilliant author.

So as far as overs quality and direction goes LOTR’s wins by a mile but again Star Wars is arguably more fun.
Dune ripped off something else which Star Wars copied as well. I forgot what it was called. I agree. LOTR is much more quality and Tolkien is amazing. Personally I loved reading Tolkien. Especially Children of Hurin.

I never seen Lord Of The Rings & I haven't watched Star Wars for years now.

I'd argue that for original Star Wars. Prequels imo have the best sword fights and action of any fantasy or science fiction movie although they're a bit shitty outside of those fights. I'd much rather watch Revenge of the Sith than dune purely because of action and music.
Yeah it was at least good for the action, everyone just shits on the prequels to follow the masses but I would sooner fall asleep watching the original boring trilogy than the prequels

Yeah it was at least good for the action, everyone just shits on the prequels to follow the masses but I would sooner fall asleep watching the original boring trilogy than the prequels
Agreed. OT is fucking boring