Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SRS. Describe your most horrific public speaking experience ?

B

Bedford Stye

Overlord
★★★
I was in a marketing class, and about midway thru semester realized I had an impending ten minute presentation in front of about 25 people.

Until that moment, I literally hadn't given it one thought. It was just some distant event on the horizon.

A sort of controlled panic set in. I came up with a plan. I rarely drink, but on this occasion, I would spike a Sprite soda can with vodka.

My presentation had to do with the pipeline that Biden shut off, lol, and I was to be the third speaker, so I had exactly 20 minutes to find the right frame. I was sipping gently, searching a medium buz.

I remember getting up, and walking towards the front, like a robot willing itself to self detonate.

Breathe, I told myself. Deep not shallow.

I took several deep breaths and started. If I hadn't drank, I would not have been able to speak at all. I am not exaggerating. My ribcage was slammed tight.

I have a surreal out of body experience, like I'm hearing someone else talk.

The first 3 minutes was hell. Choppy. But I kept on breathing. Forcing words out in spiky gurgles.

By five min I was sorta ok, but, still out of body.

The whole thing was rehearsed.

I had no idea what I was saying, except the words themselves. Like speaking a memorized skit in another language.

Apparently my alcohol intake was about 3 drinks. The sprite can was about half vodka.

I concluded. One of the most awful things ever.

At the end, I finished the class and dropped out of college after that semester.

Never again.

I'm poor and subsist on about 15 k.

Last edited:
i had to speak in front of 100 something class mates in school, and i mumbled my words beyond comprehension

i didnt care but every one laughed

i sounded like a lobotomized retard

oddly enough i dont feel embarrassed about it

it was a stupid presentation anyway, and id fuck it up on purpose if i had to do it again

i had to speak in front of 100 something class mates in school, and i mumbled my words beyond comprehension

i didnt care but every one laughed

i sounded like a lobotomized retard

oddly enough i dont feel embarrassed about it

it was a stupid presentation anyway, and id fuck it up on purpose if i had to do it again
Lol. Thanks boyo. Fuck it up on purpose. I would pay ten dollahhs to see somebody really make a life altering spectacle of themselves.....

Shitting, stuttering, and chomping to the point of being carried out by the po po

Probably when I had to do a presentation in high school in French. I could write it pretty well but my pronunciation was bad and when I get nervous I speak too fast which is a really bad combo. The presentation didn't go so well but the written part had good quality so in the end I passed but my tutor told me "you should have practiced more" kek.

I skipped out last time around was horrific

I farted, mang

During this one university presentation, I stared at my lecturer like some other presenters tend to do when they want to look confident, making me forget a large portion of what I wanted to say. At the end, my lecturer (also my examiner) publicly rambled on about me not using my time effectively to rehearse. Unironically, many normies who did their work last minute were used as examples of people using study time effectively by my lecturer.

My last few (2-3) presentations went well because I purposefully avoided cluttering up my slides and allowed myself room for improvisation.

It was not a very horrible experience, but it was extremely annoying.

I was once in a band during middle school.

Sometimes our instrument section would have play a song by ourselves as opposed to the entire band at once. Sometimes, you would have to play by yourself, but this was extremely rare occurrence. I'll elaborate a bit more later.

I played two instruments - trumpet, then switching over to the saxophone. I started out in brass due to some stupid test prior to the school year where the music teachers would give you all the instruments and have you try it out, to see what you would be suited for. They suggest a brass instrument, so I heeded their advice and picked the trumpet due to the ease of carrying it around school. (didn't want to lug a tuba or trombone around)

I was absolute dog shit at it. I sounded like a retarded elephant playing and I could not keep up with the notes, as I barely knew how to read them. Kids would flat out tell me that I sucked at it. They would start giggling whenever came time for our section (or me) to play.
I ended up deciding to switch over to the sax mid-way through the year, thinking I could be like my brother who used to play it. I actually sounded better somewhat, but it was too overwhelming for me switching from brass to woodwind. I didn't even know how to play the notes at all and I still did not how to read notes. The kids in the sax section were clearly annoyed about having to tutor me from the ground up, as they had prior experience and I didn't.

We then had our winter concert. It was mandatory, but the grade was based on attendance. During the concert, I didn't even bother playing. Just did random fingerings and adjusted my embouchure repeatedly to give the illusion I was playing. When the final came around in the spring, (a one-on-one with one of the teachers) they gave me the most disgusted, disapproving look as I struggled to play. The Asian foid teacher ended up giving me a C, but I imagine this was out of pity and to get me out of there. I quit soon after that and never came back.

I was once in a band during middle school.

Sometimes our instrument section would have play a song by ourselves as opposed to the entire band at once. Sometimes, you would have to play by yourself, but this was extremely rare occurrence. I'll elaborate a bit more later.

I played two instruments - trumpet, then switching over to the saxophone. I started out in brass due to some stupid test prior to the school year where the music teachers would give you all the instruments and have you try it out, to see what you would be suited for. They suggest a brass instrument, so I heeded their advice and picked the trumpet due to the ease of carrying it around school. (didn't want to lug a tuba or trombone around)

I was absolute dog shit at it. I sounded like a retarded elephant playing and I could not keep up with the notes, as I barely knew how to read them. Kids would flat out tell me that I sucked at it. They would start giggling whenever came time for our section (or me) to play.
I ended up deciding to switch over to the sax mid-way through the year, thinking I could be like my brother who used to play it. I actually sounded better somewhat, but it was too overwhelming for me switching from brass to woodwind. I didn't even know how to play the notes at all and I still did not how to read notes. The kids in the sax section were clearly annoyed about having to tutor me from the ground up, as they had prior experience and I didn't.

We then had our winter concert. It was mandatory, but the grade was based on attendance. During the concert, I didn't even bother playing. Just did random fingerings and adjusted my embouchure repeatedly to give the illusion I was playing. When the final came around in the spring, (a one-on-one with one of the teachers) they gave me the most disgusted, disapproving look as I struggled to play. The Asian foid teacher ended up giving me a C, but I imagine this was out of pity and to get me out of there. I quit soon after that and never came back.
Rofl.

Pretended to play.

Moved fingers around.

Got another 15min presentation that is coming up and nobody has done anything. Top fucking KEK. :feelskek: