Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming [SPOILERS] Just finished DDLC

Dungcel

Dungcel

It's easier to talk to my PC
So yeah, kinda late but I finally got around to playing it. It actually was waaaay better than I expected, and the glitches and breaks were incredibly executed.
Kinda wish you could mess with the files a bit more, but if you delete Yuri or Natsuki before time they just pop up again.

Anyways it was a really cool game.

Also Yuri best girl.

I don’t think the goal of the game was to “make fun” of jap vns, I think it was more of a cynical commentary instead. The game did not come off as pretentious in its jabs towards the medium. The art was strangely good for a western effort.

Natsuki was the best girl, but it doesn’t matter since the point of this VN was not to fall in love with one of the girls.

You think so? Why did you feel that way?

Tbh I didn't feel it was mocking the genre in any way, more like it was pushing it's boundaries; and I read that there's a Dev's note addressing that if you get the good ending.

You think so? Why did you feel that way?

Tbh I didn't feel it was mocking the genre in any way, more like it was pushing it's boundaries; and I read that there's a Dev's note addressing that if you get the good ending.
I haven’t even played it, I won’t touch it since it’s western made

So you don't really know what you're saying, then.
I mean, if you're expecting a Japanese dating sim then of course you're going to be disappointed because it's just... not that.

It’s worth playing. It’s not a dating sim and it has no waifus. It’s a game you play for context. It’s unique and strangely well-put-together.

Is it an SJW game? Most western games are SJW, except for some shooting games and driving games.

Is it an SJW game? Most western games are SJW, except for some shooting games and driving games.
Nah, it's not particularly political in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back