Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Sometimes I have trouble reading conventional clock faces. Am I retarded?

I struggle with calculating percentages too. Like ask me what 8% of 7000 is, I have no fucking idea. Most people can do that shit in their head easily. It takes me forever
Easy

8:100 =0,08

0,08 x 7000 = 560

Solution : 560

I struggle with calculating percentages too. Like ask me what 8% of 7000 is, I have no fucking idea. Most people can do that shit in their head easily. It takes me forever
Most people can't do that in their head though?

The way UScels use . and , confuses me

For example this 700.000 is 700k in Germany.
while this 700,000 is just 700 in Germany
You didn't do that in your head though.

I wanted to show him how It is calculated

Everyone knows how to calculate it
Ik but he said that he couldn't do it and that it takes him forever

Whatever this is the most basic shit

Is that some kind of math trick?
Is it?

I just saw it as: all I really need to know is 8% of 1,000 seven times over. That's easy enough, 80, so multiply that by 7. Easier to drop the zero, multiply 8 and 7, and bring the zero back.

Is it?

I just saw it as: all I really need to know is 8% of 1,000 seven times over. That's easy enough, 80, so multiply that by 7. Easier to drop the zero, multiply 8 and 7, and bring the zero back.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Oh thank you.

It's already quite late here and mistakes will absolutely happen when I'm sleep deprived
Saying "maths" in Europe is correct, just not in the USA.

Saying "maths" in Europe is correct, just not in the USA.
I usually say math because it's closer to the German word "Mathe".

I don't know what I was thinking.

If the brain is a wetware computer that controls the flow of electricity like any other computer, how can you say you govern the behavior of those networks? Where's the demon that opens the gate that lets one thought emerge over another? You make a firm decision, but you arrived there through a chain of processes that began at the instant of the big bang (possibly before). So your environment, all instances and occurrences, were kicked off at some point, ultimately ending in you choosing chocolate over vanilla, but the "you" that arrived at that point is the product of variables all of which you, and everyone else, has had no control over. You can't break that long chain of causality and do something outside of the firing of your neurons, and you have no control over that.

You could say "I got drunk and changed the firing pattern." But really, the decision to get drunk was made by that same pattern, inexorably linked to the first photon zipping around a closed system.

The first part refers to the "unconscious" part of us but that superseded by the conscious part of our brains. Our conscious is what allows us to think, plan, calculate, and make decisions based off that flow of electricity (sensory info).

The second part refers to the universe as a whole. Yes, there was an initial condition, but the ever expanding universe creates more possible variables. In addition, what you're talking about are particles interacting, when we are trillions of times bigger than any pair of particles can interact with each other. Add in quantum mechanics and unknown probabilities and we get infinite ways for things to interact with each other.

Look at the small hand. What is it pointing to? Look at the big hand what is it pointing to?

Deep down, you know the answer.

Before smartphones became a thing I've always worn digital watches ever since early childhood.
I didn't realise enough how nerdy that was and I thought it was retarded to use antiquated analogue watches so I was a stubborn Casiocel.
Nowadays I don't wear any watch at all as mobiles provide adequate time and date functionality.

1% really is just a shorthand for 1/100 or 0.01 so 8% of 7000 = 8*(0.01) * 7000 = 0.08*7000 = 560

This is tragic.