Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Some good singleplayer games?

armis

armis

Captain
★★★★
My net has gone to shit recently so I can't cope with MP gaming anymore, what are some singleplayer games you enjoy?

osrs ironman

Yume Nikki
Ib
The witch's house

dishonored 2, has very nice graphics and gameplay is well made

emulator or visual novels

Mount and Blade, but I see you already play that

Deadly Premonition, Silent Hill 1, 2 & 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, MadWorld, Yakuza 5, Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven

subnautica, m&b, house flipper, ets2, maybe paradox games if ur high iq

most SMT games (including persona, except for 3) games are really good.

EU4 gigantic cope. Take all world and fuck all women.

Jcdenton

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a good one, it's a PC exclusive though.

Total War, Rise of Nations, Civilization

Stardew Valley has me hooked right now. I'd strongly recommend Nier Automata if you have a PS4 as well

most SMT games (including persona, except for 3) games are really good.

are u serious? Persona 3 is the GOAT

Hyper dimension neptunia series

cant go wrong alittle nep nep

are u serious? Persona 3 is the GOAT

P3 is the worst of the 5 games, and I even compare that to the ORIGINAL P1 where they fucked everything up during localization.

The biggest flaw is the fact that your party is not user controlled. I suppose I understand what the developers were going for, but it makes the combat unbearable IMO. I can see why they want the party members to feel like their own individual people, outside of the users influence, but the fact of the matter is that it makes the game way too difficult and tedious for what it is. It removes all element of strategy and planning from the combat because the AI is not reliable. I know that they 'fixed' this in later releases, but the game was not re-balanced for the 'fix', leaving no one happy.

Another HUGE flaw is the reaper. Again, I understand the intention was to prevent over-leveling and grinding for items and XP. But instead, I find that it puts an artificial clock on each level of Tartarus, changing the objective from 'exploring' to 'finding the way up as fast as possible'.

The scheduling for the game is way too strict. You can make this gripe with P4 and P5 as well, but P3 is still the worst. You will not max out all links/stats on the first go without looking up a guide and min/maxing and overall basically breaking the game. This wasn't true in P4 and P5, where it still took planning, but by no means was a ridiculous as P3.

Lastly, the cast is really blah. This is slightly up to taste, but in P4 and P5, the cast fit the style of the game. In P4, the theme was "comfiness" and "small town", and the characters (notably Chie and Yukiko) fit the script. In P5, the theme was "spunk" and "mischievous", and again, the characters (notably Ryuji, An, and Futaba) fit the mold. P3 is a jumbled mess. The theme I would say is "despair" and "death", but nobody shows that to me. Maybe Shinjiro, but even then he was a good guy at heart. I would maybe also consider Junpei a decent candidate. The girls were incredibly annoying and undesirable.

To add, the music in P4 and P5 also fit way better than in P3, thematically speaking.

As a whole, I like the middle-ground between hardcore traditional JRPG and trash weeb RPG that persona provides. P3 laid decent groundwork for the future personas, and took the first huge steps in making it completely different from the mainline SMT games. Thankfully P4 and P5 learned from P3 and became better games.

The Witcher series. The Deus Ex Human series. The Elder Scrolls series.

P3 is the worst of the 5 games, and I even compare that to the ORIGINAL P1 where they fucked everything up during localization.

The biggest flaw is the fact that your party is not user controlled. I suppose I understand what the developers were going for, but it makes the combat unbearable IMO. I can see why they want the party members to feel like their own individual people, outside of the users influence, but the fact of the matter is that it makes the game way too difficult and tedious for what it is. It removes all element of strategy and planning from the combat because the AI is not reliable. I know that they 'fixed' this in later releases, but the game was not re-balanced for the 'fix', leaving no one happy.

Another HUGE flaw is the reaper. Again, I understand the intention was to prevent over-leveling and grinding for items and XP. But instead, I find that it puts an artificial clock on each level of Tartarus, changing the objective from 'exploring' to 'finding the way up as fast as possible'.

The scheduling for the game is way too strict. You can make this gripe with P4 and P5 as well, but P3 is still the worst. You will not max out all links/stats on the first go without looking up a guide and min/maxing and overall basically breaking the game. This wasn't true in P4 and P5, where it still took planning, but by no means was a ridiculous as P3.

Lastly, the cast is really blah. This is slightly up to taste, but in P4 and P5, the cast fit the style of the game. In P4, the theme was "comfiness" and "small town", and the characters (notably Chie and Yukiko) fit the script. In P5, the theme was "spunk" and "mischievous", and again, the characters (notably Ryuji, An, and Futaba) fit the mold. P3 is a jumbled mess. The theme I would say is "despair" and "death", but nobody shows that to me. Maybe Shinjiro, but even then he was a good guy at heart. I would maybe also consider Junpei a decent candidate. The girls were incredibly annoying and undesirable.

To add, the music in P4 and P5 also fit way better than in P3, thematically speaking.

As a whole, I like the middle-ground between hardcore traditional JRPG and trash weeb RPG that persona provides. P3 laid decent groundwork for the future personas, and took the first huge steps in making it completely different from the mainline SMT games. Thankfully P4 and P5 learned from P3 and became better games.

I suppose I didn't take into account which version of P3 you were referring to. I only played Persona 3 Portable growing up and in that iteration Atlus rectified the party issue and gave us the option to control everyone on the team. I was completely satisfied with it and didn't feel anything flowed incorrectly at all.
Persona games always have scheduling issues. Atlus includes NG+ to alleviate this to an extent and allows you to focus more on your social life. minor issue imo
Both cast and music are entirely subjective. I for one hated the majority of the cast in P4 and found P3's cast to be much more likeable. I'll admit both Persona 4's music was godlike though...couldn't deny that if I tried...

p5 suck

My net has gone to shit recently so I can't cope with MP gaming anymore, what are some singleplayer games you enjoy?
SOMA is a pretty good game, lots of cool underwater robots

Horizon Zero Dawn
Darksiders
Dynasty Warriors
Final Fantasy

The newer Prey game is good. Its a fps with some rpg elements thrown in. There are plenty of great older games you can pick up for cheap now. Like Dead space, Red dead redemption, Bioshock, Star wars republic commando ect.

Hearts of Iron 4 (if you can run it decently)
Crusader Kings 2 (incestuous religion-fueled genocides never felt so good)
Postal 2
The Forest (fun to slaughter native women with an ax)
Call of Duty World at War (decent campaign and zombies, pretty good mp servers when you can run it)
Half-Life 2 (if you can bare the female)
Far Cry 3/5 (4 just sucks ass)
Grand Theft Auto Series (never owned one of these, so I’m relying on what I’ve heard)

Terraria, Kerbal Space Program for a few

Playing Yakuza 0 on PC atm it's pretty good

and for older (and not so old) good games: Gta Series, Stalker series, Half Life 2 (and Black Mesa as remake of 1), Dawn of War 1+2, Warcraft 3, Quake 2 and 4, Doom 1+2+4 (3 is pretty meh), Bayonetta, any Bethesda game, Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast + Academy, Hatred (normie murder simulator), Bioshock series, F.E.A.R 1 + dlc, Xcom 1 + 2 + dlcs (especially War Within), Cod 2, 4, WaW, Bo1 (BO2 is awful don't listen to normies that it's good, cod died after bo1), Witcher 3 for story because combat sucks balls

Last edited:
Fallout 4 and 3

I still don't know how to play yume Nikki
Are the other games you listed similar?
yes, but they are not mystery but horror puzzle solving games. Ib probably the better one.

Hearts of Iron IV, Europa Universalis IV, Victoria II, all of the Paradox games are good for singleplayer.

Mad Max
Binary Domain
Vanquish
Asuras wrath
NFS the run

Alien Isolation is pretty damn good.
halo 1 and 2
all the metro2033 games
doom 3 BFG
I love metro 2033

Not Fallout 76. :feelskek:

Get a cheap PS3 off craigslist, you can mod them now easily by visiting a website (Search PS3 Han exploit). And alex store lets you get games off it like you would the official store.

Download
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Just Cause 2 (My fav, tropical setting and gliding around).
  • Skyrim
  • Far Cry 3
  • God of War 3
  • Uncharted 2
Not Fallout 76. :feelskek:

what movie is that in your signature? looks like a cool sci-fi

Last edited:
what movie is that in your signature? looks like a cool sci-fi
Under the skin, the story of a strange girl who cold approaches men in her van in Scotland. There's "a thing" about this girl though. (tbh my signature is a heavy spoiler, sorry)

It's a bit horror, sci fi and "arthouse film". I like this kind of movie.

Under the skin, the story of a strange girl who cold approaches men in her van in Scotland. There's "a thing" about this girl though. (tbh my signature is a heavy spoiler, sorry)

It's a bit horror, sci fi and "arthouse film". I like this kind of movie.

Just watched it, really nice looking, i like the still shots of nature and objects moving in that still frame. Story and pacing reminded me of Twin peaks the return.

I like conspiracy media or theories so i kept thinking this was about sex traffickers and their mk ultra sex slave victim getting away...

this makes sense to

Last edited:
Half life 2
Dark souls
Bloodborne
Far cry 4
Halo
Doom 2016
The evil within 2

Bully Scholarship Edition
Okami HD

Just watched it, really nice looking, i like the still shots of nature and objects moving in that still frame. Story and pacing reminded me of Twin peaks the return.

I like conspiracy media or theories so i kept thinking this was about sex traffickers and their mk ultra sex slave victim getting away...

this makes sense to

Thanks for the link. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but that's an interesting theory nonetheless. A film that made me think about sects in America and the Mk Ultra experiment is Beyond the Black Rainbow. It's a very strange and "symbolic" movie with an eerie futuristic atmosphere, and tbh I'm not sure I could sum it up. But you could give it a try if you enjoyed Under the Skin.

The binding of Isaac rebirth/afterbirth

I recently finished Call of Duty United offensive 2003 and Medal of Honor Allied Assault 2002. I played them because of nostalgia but they were actually very entertaining.

You could also try Age of Mythology or Jedi Knight Jedi Academy.

All mainline pokemon games

Halo 1, 2, 3

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2