Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Sold my gaming laptop finally

• Thread starter Deleted member 9758
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9758

PhD in female hating
-
Don’t know what I was thinking buying a gaming laptop when I live with my parents.
I bought it for €1,700 over 3 years ago and I sold it today for €850. Is this good?

A desktop is probably a more cost-effective use of money.

As for the value drop... hm. I mean, almost anything bought new loses a lot of value straight away because if sold it is then second hand.

So I guess you didn't get a terrible price for it.

Honestly though I'd just throw together a half-reasonable desktop and leave it at that. I mean unless you want to play all the latest AAA games on ultra, you really don't need to spend very much.

A desktop is probably a more cost-effective use of money.

As for the value drop... hm. I mean, almost anything bought new loses a lot of value straight away because if sold it is then second hand.

Honestly though I'd just throw together a half-reasonable desktop and leave it at that. I mean unless you want to play all the latest AAA games on ultra, you really don't need to spend very much.
I’m done with vidya tbh. Doesn’t bring me any enjoyment anymore. Even with this laptop I basically forced myself to play games.
I have my current laptop for college which can play some games and my ps3 and ps4. That’s enough if I want to play a COD match every now and then.

I’m done with vidya tbh. Doesn’t bring me any enjoyment anymore. Even with this laptop I basically forced myself to play games.
I have my current laptop for college which can play some games and my ps3 and ps4. That’s enough if I want to play a COD match every now and then.

I did actually have a phase once where I got bored of games.

For me, the thing that pulled me back was getting more into indie games. There are so many that appeal to my own taste ^^

I tend to like action-packed and arcadey games... strangely I don't think many AAA games are like that, which is I guess why I was getting so bored of them.

Whether it’s good or not entirely depends on how much you enjoyed the video games compared to what you will do now, and how you will use the money you got.

Whether it’s good or not entirely depends on how much you enjoyed the video games compared to what you will do now, and how you will use the money you got.
I’m saying did I get a good deal on it. I’ll spend the money on a holiday next year hopefully, if not i’ll just save it. I’m still €850 richer than I was

I did actually have a phase once where I got bored of games.

For me, the thing that pulled me back was getting more into indie games. There are so many that appeal to my own taste ^^

I tend to like action-packed and arcadey games... strangely I don't think many AAA games are like that, which is I guess why I was getting so bored of them.
I enjoy the occasional COD match and total war games. That’s about it.

From what I've gathered I really wish gaming laptops were more capable - especially in the long term. The portability of the platform is so damn appealing to me, I'm really not a fan of sitting down at a designated station and gaming. If I want to game outside I should be able to. But the parts in the laptop seem to become outdated too fast, the battery life begins to take a hit, the parts may cost more overall than a traditional gaming pc rig - plus overheating. It sucks maaaan. I'm probably still going to buy a gaming laptop when I have a lot of disposable income. But I'm not a big gamer so I'd probably only play Forza Horizon and ETS2 lol.
True. I always found laptops a lot more appealing. It’s 2022 and we can’t replace parts yet. What the fuck is up with that?

I enjoy the occasional COD match and total war games. That’s about it.

Well that's OK ^^

I mean, not all forms of entertainment appeal to everyone. I don't read much really, for example. So if you don't like games anymore then I'm sure there are other things you are enjoying in their place :)

Well that's OK ^^

I mean, not all forms of entertainment appeal to everyone. I don't read much really, for example. So if you don't like games anymore then I'm sure there are other things you are enjoying in their place :)
Yeah. I used to enjoy them a lot before.

I'd like to pick up a gaming laptop. So I could run linux on it :feelstastyman:

I'd like to pick up a gaming laptop. So I could run linux on it :feelstastyman:

I kind of miss running Linux! I run Windows 10 right now though just for compatibility really with games and what-not.

I do prefer Linux though overall! :hax:

I kind of miss running Linux! I run Windows 10 right now though just for compatibility really with games and what-not.

I do prefer Linux though overall! :hax:

XD

I’m saying did I get a good deal on it. I’ll spend the money on a holiday next year hopefully, if not i’ll just save it. I’m still €850 richer than I was
Idk then jfl, sorry :feelsaww:

From what I've gathered I really wish gaming laptops were more capable - especially in the long term. The portability of the platform is so damn appealing to me, I'm really not a fan of sitting down at a designated station and gaming. If I want to game outside I should be able to. But the parts in the laptop seem to become outdated too fast, the battery life begins to take a hit, the parts may cost more overall than a traditional gaming pc rig - plus overheating. It sucks maaaan. I'm probably still going to buy a gaming laptop when I have a lot of disposable income. But I'm not a big gamer so I'd probably only play Forza Horizon and ETS2 lol.
no one uses their gaming laptop for portability, they run hot, are very heavy, and are extremely loud. You can play games on regular laptops using cloud gaming services if you were that desperate.

Gaming laptops depreciate fast. That's a good price.

In 2019, I sold my gaming laptop from 2013 that had an MSRP of $1,500 back in the day (that had a broken motherboard) for $85, and the stupid fuckhead who bought it attempted to scam me through eBay to get it for free by claiming it wasn't working, even though I specifically listed it as a parts only device.

He only gave up when I said I'd give him a full refund, but he'd have to return it to me intact, and I'd press legal action if any parts were missing.

Last edited:
no one uses their gaming laptop for portability, they run hot, are very heavy, and are extremely loud. You can play games on regular laptops using cloud gaming services if you were that desperate.
I used to carry arround a 12 pound gaming laptop in 2005, it had 45min battery life so had to carry the 3lb power supply as well :feelsohh:

No I would say a three years old laptop for half price is a very good deal overall
Honestly, tech depreciates fast in value even first hand and three years of use would absolutely destroy a gaming laptops battery and also its thermal paste and fans. It really wasn't worth that much. Whoever payed that much for it is an idiot and OP is a lucky bastard who got an unusually good deal. Good for him I suppose.
Yeah lol they suck ass imo.
Buy a desktop if you want to game.

I use to own a gaming laptop however i decided to sell it while i was still "new" as i wasn't using it too much. Got £850 for it and the original price was £900. Glad i didn't keep it as the price of it would of went way down.

I used to carry arround a 12 pound gaming laptop in 2005, it had 45min battery life so had to carry the 3lb power supply as well :feelsohh:
That's about the same battery life as my 2005 budget AMD Sempron laptop had.

Should have sold it to Incelius Savage