Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Social Defeat Behavioral and physiological effects. Which one do you have?

• Thread starter Friday I'm In Love
  • Start date
Friday I'm In Love

Friday I'm In Love

I've already given up
-
"In real life situations, animals (including humans) have to cope with stresses generated within their own species, during their interactions with conspecifics, especially due to recurrent struggles over the control of limited resources, mates and social positions"

"Social defeat is a source of chronic stress in animals and humans, capable of causing significant changes in behavior, brain functioning, physiology, neurotransmitter and hormone levels, and health

Social defeat (the loss of power, status, or self-esteem as a result of verbal or physical abuse by others) is a very potent stressor and can lead to a variety of behavioral effects, like:

SOCIAL WITHDRAWAL (reduced interactions with conspecifics),
LETHARGY (reduced locomotor activity / LDAR),
reduced exploratory behavior
ANHEDONIA (inability to feel pleasure),
Decreased Socio-sexual behaviors (including decreased attempts to mate and copulate after defeat/ INCELDOM),
Increased tendencies to stereotyped behaviours and self-administration of drugs and alcohol

i have the first two and the fifth one

I’m often lethargic. I also withdraw, but it’s a rational decision.

I can feel pleasure but the rest is making me sad and want to commit emergency room..

I'm in lethargy almost all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back