Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Simping is Literally a Mental Disorder|Part 1| Impulse Control Disorder (ICD)

S

Snhook

Public Incellectual.
★★★★
In this thread, I will be explaining why simping counts as a mental disorder as the symptoms for the condition constitute what is known as Impulse Control Disorder (ICD). In part 2, I will explain why simping is a mental disorder through the lens of sociotropy and infatuation.

The psychological profile of simps resembles that of people with gambling addictions In that a person invests an excessive amount of their time, effort and money into something that rarely yields the outcome they desire yet in spite of this, they still persist. Why is this?

Like gamblers, Simps will expend their resources in pursuit of gratification even though their expenditures are a net loss for them overall. For the gambler it's money. For the simp it's female attention. Even though the gambler and the simp lose out almost all of the time, the few moments in which they do win causes their dopamine to drive them toward those sorts of behaviors continuously.

The simp suffers from ICD. They are so incapable of suppressing their urges and resisting temptations to such an extent that it's lessening their standard of living by hurting their own finances. I mean think about; No lucid person would ever spend $10,000 just to spend an afternoon with their favorite OF user.
What's going on with these people from a neurological point of view? Let's get into some neurochemistry.

Norepinephrine is a hormone and neurotransmitter in the body that is secreted when we experiences arousal, thrill and stress. So it could be that simps are trying to compensate for their lesser dosage by engaging in activities that further secrete the chemical which leads to a feeling of arousal and thrill. Activities such as paying women for their content or even paying off their bills in order to gain their attention and validation that the simp otherwise couldn't get for free.

Men predisposed to risk-seeking and sensation-seeking personality types will be more likely to engage in this sort of impulsive behavior.

Simps also have cognitive symptoms characteristic of ICD such as:

--Obsessive thought patterns
--Compulsive thought patterns
--Inability to control impulses
--Inability to remain patient
--Lowered feelings of self-worth
ResourceTreatmentCenter

This thread has briefly discussed the underlying neurological mechanisms by which simps act but not so much about the personality types and emotional states that cause this impulsive behavior in the first place. This question will be the subject of the next installment in this series:
Simping is Literally a Mental Disorder|Part 2| Sociotropy and Infatuation.

This was a good read, maybe pin-worthy.
--Lowered feelings of self-worth
I think I read an article somewhere that interviewed some Twitch simps. It's true that a lot of them feel miserable and get off to a girl saying "Thank you for the donation, [username]"

It depends on the severity of the white knighting and foid-worshipping, but what you're saying is generally true; such apparently useless infatuation and addiction to basically giving up hard-earned money and resources to someone who will never truly acknowledge or know is definitely some sign of mental disorder... :feelswhat:

I'd say things like obsessive oneitis-posting and attempts to glorify or get with foids who will ultimately treat you the same as any other, with discriminatory belittlement and mockery, fall under the same category and significantly overlap. :feelshehe:

My advice to all oneitiscels is to stop cucking and mentally obsessing over a foid who has already had and fantasizes about the top 20% of Chads and generally any other HTNs or above; all foids in the modern world have and fully intend to stick with their hypergamous ways and moral degeneracy regardless of even a redpilled Gigachad going against it, let alone a lone subhuman pathetically vying for her attention... :feelsclown:

It does you no good to pretend like the one foid you've centered on is somehow different than the others; she resents you all the same for daring to exist as a subhuman and male she is not personally attracted to, and also for the various other negative characteristics she'll project onto you for your unattractive physical features. :feelsjuice: