Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Should I tell my only friend the truth?

M

malakai

Banned
-
The only friend I have left from high-school is a normie, lets call him Dave.

Dave is the opposite of me. Low inhib, successful and works/attends college at 20 (I am a neet) and he told me at the end of 2015 (before he went to travel interstate) that if I hadn't found myself work or improved myself, then he would cut ties because I'm "dragging him down".

So because he is my only friend, whilst he was still travelling I fed him all this bullshit that I gained 10 pounds muscle (I'm thin), I found a job and I'm more social now. It's all bullshit, I'm still an aspie with no job or commitments and I'm tired of keeping up this ruse. He is coming over this weekend so he's going to find out anyway. I'm tired of keeping up with all this lies, so maybe best to just confess my sins and move on, regardless of the result.

if I hadn't found myself work or improved myself, then he would cut ties because I'm "dragging him down"
We need to work on the definition of "friend" here. You may not have a lot of friends right now, but someone with this type of attitude is pretty crap friend material. Despite what other incels say, you have your whole life to make friends. The key is looking past their imperfections as they hopefully look past yours.

Sounds like you are fucked either way. Probably better to handle it over the phone rather than let him see it in person.

If he says something like "you're dragging me down" then you should probably cut ties with him.

The only friend I have left from high-school is a normie, lets call him Dave.

Dave is the opposite of me. Low inhib, successful and works/attends college at 20 (I am a neet) and he told me at the end of 2015 (before he went to travel interstate) that if I hadn't found myself work or improved myself, then he would cut ties because I'm "dragging him down".

So because he is my only friend, whilst he was still travelling I fed him all this bullshit that I gained 10 pounds muscle (I'm thin), I found a job and I'm more social now. It's all bullshit, I'm still an aspie with no job or commitments and I'm tired of keeping up this ruse. He is coming over this weekend so he's going to find out anyway. I'm tired of keeping up with all this lies, so maybe best to just confess my sins and move on, regardless of the result.
If he truly is your friend, he'll accept you as the incel NEET you are

If he was your friend he wouldn't put you through this "tough love" bullshit. Friends are there through thick and thin. Even if he has good intentions, that's not how you go about helping out and motivating someone. He's dangling your friendship like a bargaining chip trying to make you jump.

But, lying to your friends isn't cool either. As tempting as it is to smear the truth to make yourself not look as shitty as you are. (I lie about how many interviews I get, for example.)

Lie more safely, I guess. If you have to lie. Lying is a horrible, awful, disgusting habit. You'll feel happier when you get rid of it. It burdens me every day of my life.

I only have one friend left in real life, he's been my best friend since chilhood. His family is constantly trying to encourage me to find work, or go to school. We don't talk as much as we used to because he finally ascended himself recently. Started going to the gym, quit video games, got himself a stable girlfriend. (He's a stereotypical nerdy ethnic, but he ended up grabbing a coworker somehow.) He makes more money than my parents combined, and we're the same age. I'm unemployed, so it's hard for me to even hang out with him without wanting to rope on the spot. He pays for everything, tells me not to worry about it. Just tells me to buy him lunch when I get a job.

My point is, friends support eachother. I'd come clean before he discovers it on his own. Since that will be you showing the confidence in him to admit what you were doing. But I can't guarantee you that he won't follow through with what he said. Good luck OP.

lol @ lying to try and appease this fucking normie " friend" .

fuck him dude you dont owe him anything, remember we arent entitled to anything. teehee

If he says something like "you're dragging me down" then you should probably cut ties with him.
Yeah, seems like he's carrying for himself. Nobody would want a friend that embarrases you, sad truth tbh tbh unless he wants to help you looksmax.. If he's not helping then fook him bruh

Don't know. I'm always on the other side of cutting ties because being around my normie friends really made me realize how much of a failure I am and couldn't stand it anymore. I feel much more comfortable when I don't need to answer anyone and I can put more focus on rotting in my bed. They couldn't help me anyway. Only girlfriend can save me.

Ask yourself what you want out of this friendship. Think about potential outcomes in your head

"Its a prank bro!"

i havent hada friend since highschool but even then we rarely hung out outside of highschool

he doesn't really sound like a genuine friend