Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"Self-esteem builder" (bragging) threads cause division on this forum.

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
I've asked before what counts as bragging. Best answer I got was "it varies by mod discretion."

So it's impossible for me to say when something is bragging. But I can say this: It's contradictory and it causes division in the community.

I would never say that someone "doesn't belong here" or "isn't incel" because they happen to be tall or whatever. And the idea of someone, anyone, wanting to belong here but getting thrown out and being without a community, it makes me sad. So I prefer to think "We're all the same in that we're all unattractive incels. Nothing else matters." And that's the logic a lot of you also stick with. But you know what's contradictory? When one day you say "I'm an ugly incel just like everyone else here," and then another day you're like "I have X trait. Isn't that such an attractive trait?"

You defend this by saying "But I make up for it by being utterly deplorable in every other way. I only have one/a few good traits." Some of us have no good traits. Not one. I used to think I had one, but I recently went in for a checkup and learned I don't have it. So I have no good traits either. This is actually news to some of you and god bless you oblivious little saints. If only you knew how hard it was for some of us. But others here KNOW there are people here with no redeeming traits. And yet they still make threads like these. I ask you to use your brains here. If you are saying "I have this good trait" knowing that we don't, that means we are not the same. And if it is enviable to be Chad, if we have the right to be angry that Chad looks good and we don't, doesn't that mean we should be angry that you are tall and we aren't? Or you have a fat cock and we don't? Or you have good hair and we're bald? It makes no sense to say "I'm incel, that's all that matters" but then say "Look at this good part of me, this good part of me matters enough that I'm bringing attention to it. People should notice it. You here should notice it." If you have noticeable good traits, and good traits are a thing to be coveted, by your own logic you are not the same as us, you are someone to be envied, you don't know adversity like we do.

And I don't want it to be this way. I want you to belong. But you're the one who insists on attention paid to how much better you are than us. If that matters, then we simply aren't the same.

No one in that thread came close to saying that they fucked somebody or that they are 6 feet tall.
I get what you're going for here, but you are just being contrarian.

No one in that thread came close to saying that they fucked somebody or that they are 6 feet tall.
I get what you're going for here, but you are just being contrarian.

Which thread?

I understand that bragging is bannable when you say stuff like: "a girl kissed/approached/flirted with me once", but where is the line? If I claimed to have a succesful bussines could I get banned despite being a truecel?

Oh, fuck, sorry, I'm just seeing things.
I meant the cope thread where guys shared a single thing about them that didn't suck.

I do mean that thread. I can't say that's bragging because there's no solid definition for it. But what of us that don't have a single thing about them that doesn't suck?

Divides me, XD

But wouldn't it be worse to have one good trait and everything else is horrible, than to just be normal ugly tier all around?

Kinda like Jigglypuff x Castform in terms of base stats.

Jigglypuff

Castform

People need to mog other people. Whenever, however. :feelsthink::blackpill:

I do mean that thread. I can't say that's bragging because there's no solid definition for it. But what of us that don't have a single thing about them that doesn't suck?
Chances are, you are just taking something for granted, be creative.
You can even say that the US citizenship is a mogging feature because lots of people want to immigrate and have trouble doing so.

Another thing I'd like to mention, it's strange to me that someone can be hostilized badly for assuming to have one decent trait when people can upload their pics and they actually look like Chads/pretty boys, having dozens of good traits, and then say "but I'm a mentalcel lol".

"You can show but you can't tell" is nonsensical.

But wouldn't it be worse to have one good trait and everything else is horrible, than to just be normal ugly tier all around?

Kinda like Jigglypuff x Castform in terms of base stats.

View attachment 492147

View attachment 492148

By the braggart's own definition, that outstanding trait matters enough that attention should be brought to it.

Chances are, you are just taking something for granted, be creative.
You can even say that the US citizenship is a mogging feature because lots of people want to immigrate and have trouble doing so.

"Be creative?" Bullshit. I've got fucking nothing, and so do many others here.

Another thing I'd like to mention, it's strange to me that someone can be hostilized badly for assuming to have one decent trait when people can upload their pics and they actually look like Chads/pretty boys, having dozens of good traits, and then say "but I'm a mentalcel lol".

"You can show but you can't tell" is nonsensical.

No one's saying you can show either. You absolutely can't show, we literally have a rule against selfies.

we literally have a rule against selfies.
But I mean, some people here have their faces very well known and they're good-looking, even though they don't post selfies here specifically.

Bragging on other sites (especially if also public) count if found, so...

"Be creative?" Bullshit. I've got fucking nothing, and so do many others here.
Bro, just knowing English and browsing the Internet are privileges, you're being intentionally obtuse

Just don't give a fuck, bro.

But I mean, some people here have their faces very well known and they're good-looking, even though they don't post selfies here specifically.

Bragging on other sites (especially if also public) count if found, so...

It's because they're not saying things like "Look at my face, I'm so pretty in the face." I agree that a lot of people underestimate how good they look. But I can at least accept the definition of "It's bragging when you admit that it's a good quality." It's one thing to say "I'm 6 foot 1." It's another to say "I'm 6 foot 1 and that's better than being shorter than that."

Bro, just knowing English and browsing the Internet are privileges, you're being intentionally obtuse

"I have a computer?" That's seriously something to bring to a thread like that? Nah, bullshit.

If someone can’t have sex they belong here. I have a problem with most tallfags here since they have something that I covet so much.

You defend this by saying "But I make up for it by being utterly deplorable in every other way. I only have one/a few good traits." Some of us have no good traits. Not one.
If a user here has a chad trait they should keep it to themselves and only talk about it when asked. If someone is tall they should recognize their privilege and feel sympathy for someone who’s short. Same with white users.
I used to think I had one, but I recently went in for a checkup and learned I don't have it. .
What would that be? Did you find out your height? I thought I was 177 but I’m 175 jfl.

It's because they're not saying things like "Look at my face, I'm so pretty in the face." I agree that a lot of people underestimate how good they look. But I can at least accept the definition of "It's bragging when you admit that it's a good quality." It's one thing to say "I'm 6 foot 1." It's another to say "I'm 6 foot 1 and that's better than being shorter than that."
I understand that logic, but honestly, it doesn't seem good to me. Not thinking of oneself as attractive doesn't change the fact they're attractive, nor the consequences of being attractive.

I'd rather have some known ugly delusional braggart around than some 8/10 tall and white "mentalcel" who doesn't brag (but everybody knows gets constantly approached and things like that).

It's all looks. Looks= results. Bragging= nothing changes objectively.

What would that be? Did you find out your height? I thought I was 177 but I’m 175 jfl.

I'm not gonna tell. I'm taking a stand for the sake of peace in this forsaken place. I'm not discussing my traits, for good or ill.

You wanna know how this "Everyone's got something to be proud of" bullshit is a lie? Take this thread.

No one is saying anything as trivial as "I can speak English and have a computer." Why do you think that is? Because some things are worth mentioning. Some things ARE good traits. And others don't matter. I have no trait that matters.

I understand that logic, but honestly, it doesn't seem good to me. Not thinking of oneself as attractive doesn't change the fact they're attractive, nor the consequences of being attractive.

I'd rather have some known ugly delusional braggart around than some 8/10 tall and white "mentalcel" who doesn't brag (but everybody knows gets constantly approached and things like that).

It's all looks. Looks= results. Bragging= nothing changes objectively.

I'd rather have neither. But "Don't big up yourself" at least is legally consistent.

I'm not gonna tell. I'm taking a stand for the sake of peace in this forsaken place. I'm not discussing my traits, for good or ill.
Makes sense, you just have to be incel and you’re good with me.

legally consistent.
I understand your point. But maybe there would be ways to deal with the good-looking non-braggarts, like polls to decide if someone would be banned or not upon being found as being good-looking. But I know it's never gonna happen because members of the staff are knowingly good-looking, people can always tap the height/mentalcel excuse and even if polls took place, most likely the halo effect would play on their favor and their wouldn't be banned, JFL.

Oh c'mon. That thread was just to acknowledge and appreciate what u were given. Not just physical attributes but skills aswell

Oh c'mon. That thread was just to acknowledge and appreciate what u were given. Not just physical attributes but skills aswell

Some of us were given nothing. But again, look at what is actually being posted in the thread to know what actually counts as a "good thing."

Some of us were given nothing. But again, look at what is actually being posted in the thread to know what actually counts as a "good thing."
We are on a blackpilled forum so the first thing that comes to the minds of the users here are looks. So it's expected for users to "brag" about their physical attributes in that thread

We are on a blackpilled forum so the first thing that comes to the minds of the users here are looks. So it's expected for users to "brag" about their physical attributes in that thread

"Brag" in quotes. As if we had a concrete definition for it. You don't think it's that bad. I can find people with even higher standards who would allow worse. So when do we hit the objective line that defines what bragging is?

"Brag" in quotes. As if we had a concrete definition for it. You don't think it's that bad. I can find people with even higher standards who would allow worse. So when do we hit the objective line that defines what bragging is?
In most cases u could just use common sense. I'm 6'6/tall vs I'm not a manlet

In most cases u could just use common sense. I'm 6'6/tall vs I'm not a manlet

Now you're saying "I can talk about how un-ugly I am, as long as I'm not TOO too attractive." Which, again, is subjective and also contradictory. If PSL points are something to be envied, you're saying you have something that us uglier people should envy.

Now you're saying "I can talk about how un-ugly I am, as long as I'm not TOO too attractive." Which, again, is subjective and also contradictory. If PSL points are something to be envied, you're saying you have something that us uglier people should envy.
That was just an example. What matters is ur motive behind it. In most cases its quite clear what the motive behind some statement is. I can't think of an example right now but a blatant brag has a different tone to it than an honest fact.

That was just an example. What matters is ur motive behind it. In most cases its quite clear what the motive behind some statement is. I can't think of an example right now but a blatant brag has a different tone to it than an honest fact.

If I can say "I've got pretty high PSL," and the response to that is "Well he's clearly talking about how good he's got it, but is it bragging? What's his motive?" then whatever "motive" you're looking for can't be proven and doesn't matter anyway.

What are you trying to figure out? If they're trying to "hurt people's feelings" or make them feel bad about how bad they've got it? That can't be proven.

If I can say "I've got pretty high PSL," and the response to that is "Well he's clearly talking about how good he's got it, but is it bragging? What's his motive?" then whatever "motive" you're looking for can't be proven and doesn't matter anyway.

What are you trying to figure out? If they're trying to "hurt people's feelings" or make them feel bad about how bad they've got it? That can't be proven.
The statement "I've got pretty high psl" is a brag if it's used out of context and without a following statement that explains why they belong here.

Bragging is generally obvious and subjective.
If a user is doing it consistently - just block and carry on.

The statement "I've got pretty high psl" is a brag if it's used out of context and without a following statement that explains why they belong here.

How so? How does "context" save it in any way that matters?

Incels should not be banned from incel forums

Talking about having high psl in a thread where someone is venting etc etc.

Because it just feels like they're trying to hurt the venters feelings? How do you know he is? Oh sure, he might be, hard to think of a reason why he would say that, but you don't know that. Same as how you don't know my intentions if I make a thread blurting out "I'M 6'3!!! Uh, but what about you guys? I'm sure you've got good traits too." Maybe I just wanna tell people I'm 6'3.

no bragging for my face

bragging is obviois when u see it and nvolves discussion of women ''e.g WHen I was 17, some girl came up to me and kssed me at a party or.. I was on the train earlier and caught a girl staring at me multiple times cus of my 6'6 frame''

Or that thread yday where the guy has wet teenage foids asking to fuck him

they should just go sign up for looksmax, they can brag all day there :feelsaww:

bragging is obviois when u see it and nvolves discussion of women ''e.g WHen I was 17, some girl came up to me and kssed me at a party or.. I was on the train earlier and caught a girl staring at me multiple times cus of my 6'6 frame''

Or that thread yday where the guy has wet teenage foids asking to fuck him

So I can talk about how good I look, as long as I don't have any stories about indicators of interest?

So I can talk about how good I look, as long as I don't have any stories about indicators of interest?
If you are saying you look good overall then I mean either u are some shut in autist or a fakecel. I was thinking if u had like 1 or 2 ok traits,

If you are saying you look good overall then I mean either u are some shut in autist or a fakecel. I was thinking if u had like 1 or 2 ok traits,

So then it becomes subjective how many traits you're allowed to brag about? You say 2 is fine. Maybe I find someone who says 3 is fine. Or 5. One 1. Or none. Maybe I find someone who says it's not about number of traits, but how those traits compliment one another.

So then it becomes subjective how many traits you're allowed to brag about? You say 2 is fine. Maybe I find someone who says 3 is fine. Or 5. One 1. Or none. Maybe I find someone who says it's not about number of traits, but how those traits compliment one another.
I think its just context dependent. If the thread was literally called 'name 1 thing good about you' and that was the purpose of the thread, or if someone asks you a specific question, sure. If you are just bringing to up to brag in any other situation then u are clearly bragging.

I think its just context dependent. If the thread was literally called 'name 1 thing good about you' and that was the purpose of the thread, or if someone asks you a specific question, sure. If you are just bringing to up to brag in any other situation then u are clearly bragging.

What if I'm the guy who made the thread?