Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Sega Genesis

manletcel1488

manletcel1488

Officer
★★★
Recently started playing games in the Sega Genesis library, looking for some good recommendations to cope with.
So far I have played
Ristar
Castlevania Bloodlines
Sonic 1 2, and 3
Contra: Hard Corps
Sparkster

I'm open to other coping recommendations also but this thread is mostly for Genesis games to make this thread more specific and purposeful.

get a dreamcast bro

Toejam and Earl
Shinobi

Personally I recommend getting super nintendo games instead, as that seems to have a larger variety imo.

Are you using an emulator?

Golden Axe
Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3
Revenge of Shinobi

Personally I recommend getting super nintendo games instead, as that seems to have a larger variety imo.
I've played a lot of those already and also Genesis has a lot of games that are the style I'm looking for like platformers and shmups.

Okay. Add Phantasy Star and Sword of Vermilion to my earlier list if you don't mind JRPGs. Try out Sega's library of arcade games they ported to the Genesis too:
Altered Beast
Afterburner
Rolling Thunder
Strider
Shadow Dancer
Thunder Force
Herzog Zwei

I'm missing out on a lot and there's more to search up on

Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Headdy
Shining Force

Try out Sega's library of arcade games they ported to the Genesis too:
Would it be better just to play the arcade versions? Im pretty sure you can do arcade emulation pretty easily now also

Would it be better just to play the arcade versions? Im pretty sure you can do arcade emulation pretty easily now also
Hmmm. If it suits you, go ahead. I'd wager the arcade emulators are harder to find but still doable

I own model 1 and 2 Mega Drives

Toejam and Earl
Shinobi
Okay. Add Phantasy Star and Sword of Vermilion to my earlier list if you don't mind JRPGs
Altered Beast
Afterburner
Rolling Thunder
Strider
Shadow Dancer
Thunder Force
Herzog Zwei
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Headdy
Shining Force
Thanks for the recommendations.
And I don't mind JRPGs and have actually played Phantasy Star a long time ago back in highschool I don't really remember much about it besides it being sci-fi.
I'm open to trying it at some point but I have other JRPGs on my bucketlist that I would probably play first before that.
I'm waiting for Metaphor: ReFantizo to come out, I might buy a PS5 just for that game, it looks like a fresh take on the genre and I'm a big fan of Atlas games in general.

I own model 1 and 2 Mega Drives
That's cool, I don't collect retro game stuff myself.
It sounds like a fun hobby but I just worry about the cartridges and consoles going bad over time.
If I ever have more room to collect stuff I might start coping by collecting retro game stuff.