Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious RPG is a natural game genre for incels

Vitarius

Vitarius

Catholicel
★★★
1- Self-insert aspect: In RPG you have a great capacity to express your appearance, personality, opinions and personal desires. The protagonist is basically you inside a game.

2- Alternate reality aspect: The protagonist is yourself in an alternate reality where you are the hero of a great story. You have abandoned the real world which is sad and unhappy, for a world in which you are important, have powers, friends and even romance.

3- Freedom to control your destiny aspect: The term itself says that incels are "involuntarily" in this condition. But in RPG you have a lot of freedom to shape your story and there is appeal in that to incels.

4- Many hours of content aspect: It is not unusual for RPGs to have many hours of duration. This means you have more cope hours and also that your money is better spent (being rich is not an incel trait).

spider-man-thatll-do-it.gif

truecel trait: too depressed to play games

too much dialogue

Ah yes this is a very serious topic

Nah I prefer open world games

life is an open world game until it's not

I've always interpreted "serious" as "what I'm saying here is not a joke, I'm stating a opinion" :shock:
Fair enough Ig, but I would have chosen Gaming or Discussion.

I like Jrpgs because they are story driven and have good world building, you have a feeling of meeting new friends and lovers, getting a well made MC gets you to experience an perfect life and adventure.

I agree. Sadly they aren't making many of those anymore. Or at least not good ones. I enjoyed the Mass Effect trilogy a lot.

Alternatively, table RPGs are also great, but you need a willing group of friends to do it, so it's harder to set up.

I become full psychopath in Fallout.

I agree. Sadly they aren't making many of those anymore. Or at least not good ones. I enjoyed the Mass Effect trilogy a lot.
Bioware made a lot of good rpgs in the past. But lately they have dropped a lot in quality.

Yeah, Final Fantasy suits me best.

Another appeal (for incels in particular) of RPGs is that they are, by and large, fair, at least in the sense that you get what you put into them. They're generally designed so that you're always making progress. Even a bad player can beat the game (and usually the optional content as well) if they grind enough. There's some skill involved and some luck (RNG), but even a low IQ player can spend hours grinding, become overpowered, and blast through the bosses. Sure, a high IQ player will beat the game (or get max level, if we're talking about an MMORPG) faster than a low IQ player, but the low IQ player can still get there if he's willing to put in the time and effort.

Meanwhile, in real life you could have extremely limiting bottlenecks. You can work your ass off your entire life and have nothing to show for it because your genetic aptitudes prevent you from getting an even middle class job, a girlfriend, and in certain circumstances, even a normal social life. Real life is like an MMORPG where some players start off at level 99 and others have a level cap of 10, lack any special abilities, and have low stats across the board.

Other genres (FPS, fighting games, MOBAs, RTS) have bottlenecks that correlate with genetic aptitudes like IQ, motor skills, reflexes etc. It's pretty blackpilling to spend lots of time trying to get better at a game, learning the META, and still sucking and getting crushed by players with much fewer hours than you have.

Another appeal (for incels in particular) of RPGs is that they are, by and large, fair, at least in the sense that you get what you put into them. They're generally designed so that you're always making progress. Even a bad player can beat the game (and usually the optional content as well) if they grind enough. There's some skill involved and some luck (RNG), but even a low IQ player can spend hours grinding, become overpowered, and blast through the bosses. Sure, a high IQ player will beat the game (or get max level, if we're talking about an MMORPG) faster than a low IQ player, but the low IQ player can still get there if he's willing to put in the time and effort.

Meanwhile, in real life you could have extremely limiting bottlenecks. You can work your ass off your entire life and have nothing to show for it because your genetic aptitudes prevent you from getting an even middle class job, a girlfriend, and in certain circumstances, even a normal social life. Real life is like an MMORPG where some players start off at level 99 and others have a level cap of 10, lack any special abilities, and have low stats across the board.

Other genres (FPS, fighting games, MOBAs, RTS) have bottlenecks that correlate with genetic aptitudes like IQ, motor skills, reflexes etc. It's pretty blackpilling to spend lots of time trying to get better at a game, learning the META, and still sucking and getting crushed by players with much fewer hours than you have.

awesome post. i completely agree.

I liked Pokémon as a kid but haven't been able to get into them.

I have lots of hours in farming games tho

RPGcel here.

Definitely one of if not the best genre. Open world, tons of shit to do, etc.

My favorites are Skyrim, Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed(Blackflag & Odyssey are my favorites) but I am playing Valhalla, Fallout 4 & NV, and also Wasteland 3.

Based post, very good take :feelsYall:

Totally agree. Only RPG genre feels fair to me. However, I was able to bypass my weak genetic in competitive FPS and MOBA by using cheat.

With a lot of mmorpg type games you will find a lot of incels playing at a high level to cope. They will acquire status within the game because they are skilled, have rare items, etc. And since they are very good they have more of a reason to play the game whenever new stuff is coming out which will lead them to playing many hours of the game. They get the feeling of being high status In game but irl they will usually lack this so it is massive coping.

I was like this when I was playing destiny 2, I was a massive loser IRL and still am. But in the game I was skilled and respected by other high level players. I have seen faces of some other good players, many of them look like truecels hence why they cope so much with the video game. They are achieving their desires to be important and high status but only in the game because they cannot achieve that IRL.

I thought most video games are made for incels

Garbage genre. The only exceptions are Pokemon and the Mario RPGs.

too much dialogue
In order to truly enjoy RPGs, it requires some level of autism.
Racing games are far superior, instant fun from the get go.
You don´t have to grind hours on end like a maniac, just acquire a shiny new sword.

Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green are awesome though.
All pokemon games before XY are God tier, especially the Gen 2 ones.

the natural genre for incels is GTA where you can kill normies

the natural genre for incels is GTA where you can kill normies
You usually play as a darktriadmaxxed Chadlite though.

1- Self-insert aspect: In RPG you have a great capacity to express your appearance, personality, opinions and personal desires. The protagonist is basically you inside a game.

2- Alternate reality aspect: The protagonist is yourself in an alternate reality where you are the hero of a great story. You have abandoned the real world which is sad and unhappy, for a world in which you are important, have powers, friends and even romance.

3- Freedom to control your destiny aspect: The term itself says that incels are "involuntarily" in this condition. But in RPG you have a lot of freedom to shape your story and there is appeal in that to incels.

4- Many hours of content aspect: It is not unusual for RPGs to have many hours of duration. This means you have more cope hours and also that your money is better spent (being rich is not an incel trait).
any game with a high level of interactivity is good in that sense

Not a very fun game

I’m exhausted

I’m exhausted
There are months where I'm 100% exhausted. I'm starting to mix ChatGPT capabilities to perform roleplay scenarios, along with turn-based strategy/diplomacy games.

Yeah but my immersion is broken when the other characters are kind to me or express romantic interest

Valhalla, Fallout 4 & NV, and also Wasteland 3.
In Fallout, I'd love to roleplay as a villain (I usually become a full-blown psychopath by mutilating even children) instead of being a cucked hero for a faction.