Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Remember when gaming used to be exciting?

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
When I was a kid gaming was super exciting and I felt that every year it was progressively getting better and better in many ways. You had the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with these amazing online games like Halo and then you had handheld gaming at its peak with exclusive titles that were just as good as console gaming. There was almost always something to be hyped for.

These days every single new triple a game feels like a carefully tested and calculated safe release optimized to make as much money as possible. There's no soul anymore. Online games are extremely greedy and grindy nowadays and even games like Dragon's Dogma 2 restrict your freedom with greedy decisions like locking new characters behind a paywall.

It's depressing.

for me great era of gaming industry ended in around 2014-2015

well christmas and birthdays arent exciting anymore as well.

well christmas and birthdays arent exciting anymore as well.
Only exciting part is you get your family and friends (if you still have) to give you free shit :feelzez:

Video games were definitely much better back then. Also, had better storylines as well. Video games back then definitely had more of a novelty effect and was exciting.

However, of course video games are more commercialized and lots of micro-transactions that ruins it, and alongwith stupid niche identities (that no one in the world cares about).

But however, at the sametime we're getting older... so things become less novel and less exciting overtime.

Gaming gets more exciting for me with time. I'm mostly into car driving games, and better ones seem to come out each year. I'm glad because it's one of my best copes.

Gaming gets more exciting for me with time. I'm mostly into car driving games, and better ones seem to come out each year. I'm glad because it's one of my best copes.
which driving games in particular? i’m thinking of trying out BeamNG considering i’ve been watching vids on it

yeah, majority of modern games suck

fuck modern gayming

they had to tone everything down for normies

which driving games in particular? i’m thinking of trying out BeamNG considering i’ve been watching vids on it
Just some free ones. Crash Simulator Multiplayer in the site playhop is my favorite one. You can choose from a bunch of super cars and drive around with other players. Another fun one is Called Crash Test and Car Crash Simulator which is also on playhop. It’s a bit like BeamNG and you can choose from a few different maps. They have a few npc cars driving around that you can smash into to destroy the cars. Another similar one is called Simulator Accidents and Crash Cars on playhop. There’s swinging hammers and stuff you can drive the cars into to smash em up. I think you gotta pay for BeamNG, but I probably will get it in the future because it looks cool.

Yup. I miss the good days

Theres no betting feeling of nostaliga.

But even now it does not hit like it used too

I'm just tired of waiting a decade for a new game

New games are dogshit and poor imitations of older games but with bigger budget, completely botched optimizations (so i can't play most of them on my pc) and full of macrotransactions. Homeworld 3 will be launching in few days and guess what they already cut the content and going to launch with season pass day 1.

We had some gems like Hi-Fi Rush but Microkike didn't liked them and shut down the studio few days ago. Now i'm only playing War Thunder and Enlisted. Helldivers 2 is extremely overrated and boring plus optimization is dogshit i can't see shit at 1080p because they are using retarded TAA. Fuck new games for real.

Cod died with 2019 (most camperfest cod to date) or Cold war depending on a taste, BF died with V or 2042 both were shit but 2042 was so bad that it doomed their company and DICE will be crapped after last failure, RTS games are dead, MMORPGS are now dead genre. Souls games become stale, boring and filled with awful open world trend, racing games what racing games? They got extremely boring and unfinished filled with microtransactions.

There is nothing to play except old titles, few f2p, indies and very few occasional AA or lower budget AAA games (like Hi-fi Rush it was neither blockbuster AAA not AA but something in between).

Last edited:
When I was a kid gaming was super exciting and I felt that every year it was progressively getting better and better in many ways. You had the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with these amazing online games like Halo and then you had handheld gaming at its peak with exclusive titles that were just as good as console gaming. There was almost always something to be hyped for.

These days every single new triple a game feels like a carefully tested and calculated safe release optimized to make as much money as possible. There's no soul anymore. Online games are extremely greedy and grindy nowadays and even games like Dragon's Dogma 2 restrict your freedom with greedy decisions like locking new characters behind a paywall.

It's depressing.
Depending on what you're a fan of, there are still a lot of new games that are pretty cool. I am a big fan of FromSoftware games.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back