Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Remember when gaming used to be exciting?

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
When I was a kid gaming was super exciting and I felt that every year it was progressively getting better and better in many ways. You had the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with these amazing online games like Halo and then you had handheld gaming at its peak with exclusive titles that were just as good as console gaming. There was almost always something to be hyped for.

These days every single new triple a game feels like a carefully tested and calculated safe release optimized to make as much money as possible. There's no soul anymore. Online games are extremely greedy and grindy nowadays and even games like Dragon's Dogma 2 restrict your freedom with greedy decisions like locking new characters behind a paywall.

It's depressing.

for me great era of gaming industry ended in around 2014-2015

well christmas and birthdays arent exciting anymore as well.

Video games were definitely much better back then. Also, had better storylines as well. Video games back then definitely had more of a novelty effect and was exciting.

However, of course video games are more commercialized and lots of micro-transactions that ruins it, and alongwith stupid niche identities (that no one in the world cares about).

But however, at the sametime we're getting older... so things become less novel and less exciting overtime.