Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Reddit soy: "The internet is not free therapy"

• Thread starter Atavistic Autist
  • Start date
Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/o2hojy/the_internet_is_not_free_therapy/

This post is very intriguing because the OP gets upvoted for using what would otherwise be considered a sexist trope: that women who complain about their malaise are just "looking for attention."

What permits him to be so bellicose in this instance? It is the mental health industrial complex, or the idea that people cannot just help out other people, but rather have to outsource their social and emotional needs onto paid "professionals" trained in the manipulation of the mind (who naturally proceed to gaslight you).

The woman in question clearly got generic, bluepilled advice (however unprovoked her solicitation of it was), and when she made it clear that she could not just be herded back into line by platitudes, the OP immediately felt out of his league for he is not a therapist. As if therapists are anything but platitudinous and shallowly positive themselves! Yet so strong is therapy culture that you can even shame women for being attention whores if they don't submit to its ethos, and chastise them for "not listening" to you at the same time as you ignore them.

Also indicative of this is that in the post, notice how the term "toxic" is used to connote both positivity and negativity. In this way, even a discursive rebellion against psychotherapy must make reference to psychotherapeutic terms, revealing its cultural hegemony.

Last edited:
I never felt more understood and emotionally supported than here. Aside from my 5-10yr long internet friendships who also happen to be incel

I never felt more understood and emotionally supported than here. Aside from my 5-10yr long internet friendships who also happen to be incel
Social and emotional needs are fostered by relationships, and unlike "therapeutic relationships," these don't cost $100 a day.

Social and emotional needs are fostered by relationships, and unlike "therapeutic relationships," these don't cost $100 a day.
In Germany they are free but they fucking suck. My mum sent me to several therapists because of several issues :feelzez:

Dude who "treated" me and my "computer addiction" told me to stop wearing metal T-shirts since he claimed they are a kind of uniform which keep me in old habits. JFL. He gave me lookist advice at best because metal shirts are autistic af (aside from Motorhead)

In Germany they are free but they fucking suck. My mum sent me to several therapists because of several issues :feelzez:

Dude who "treated" me and my "computer addiction" told me to stop wearing metal T-shirts since he claimed they are a kind of uniform which keep me in old habits. JFL. He gave me lookist advice at best because metal shirts are autistic af (aside from Motorhead)
Even if you or your family doesn't pay the $100 bill, somebody does (whether the state or an insurance company).

So much social cost is incurred by the pretense that psychotherapy is a legitimate medical intervention.

Last edited:
Lucky you. Meanwhile I get called retard by universally everyone even incels :feelsbadman:

[UWSL] "computer addiction" told me to stop wearing metal T-shirts since he claimed they are a kind of uniform which keep me in old habits. JFL. [/UWSL]
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:
i don't know what's funnier, computer addiction or prohibition on metal t shirts

Lucky you. Meanwhile I get called retard by universally everyone even incels :feelsbadman:
Get some retard friends then. Is there a reason known to you why you cant connect with others despite wanting it?

Also indicative of this is that in the post, notice how the term "toxic" is used to connote both positivity and negativity. In this way, even a discursive rebellion against psychotherapy must make reference to psychotherapeutic terms, revealing its cultural hegemony.
To expand on this point of mine, just the fact that the OP could finish his post by saying "spread positivity, people are so toxic these days" after encountering the dissonant term toxic positivity shows the futility of arguing in language that is defined by your more powerful enemies.

Last edited:

Yikes sweaty, free therapy is for wahmen and Chad only. You aren't entitled to free therapy you dirty inkwell. :soy::soy::foidSoy::foidSoy:

Yikes sweaty, free therapy is for wahmen and Chad only. You aren't entitled to free therapy you dirty inkwell. :soy::soy::foidSoy::foidSoy:
The presumption that "therapy" (being told to "just be happy, bro") is even necessary is the fundamental flaw here.

Instead, it is cathartic to commiserate, and moreover informative, as you learn the true sources of your problems.

Last edited:
It’s as I’ve always said…

When someone tells you “get therapy” it’s actually just code for “Look I’m too lazy and too narcissistic to be your friend and listen to your problems and or open up a dialogue that might be helpful for you so I’ll just parrot some cliched societal msm talking points at you, pat myself on the back for doing a good deed and call it a day. Later loser!”

Brilliant post as usual AA.

Since the Jews control the discourse it’s incredibly difficult if not impossible to get through to the goyim cattle.

Anyone that tries will just be met by laughter/mockery/scoffing as the goy’s entire worldview has been created by the trusted and super duper smart kosher experts on Talmudvision telling him or her what to say, think and believe their entire life.

So how can little old you compete with that?:feelsmega:

OMG! You’re NOT in TV!!:soy:

YOU’RE NOT A SUPER DUPER EXPERT WITH A HOOKED NOSE!!!:feels:

Unbelievable and pathetic state of affairs we’re in.:feelsUgh:

Last edited:
Get some retard friends then. Is there a reason known to you why you cant connect with others despite wanting it?
Because I am too low iq. Anything I say or do is seen as gay or retarded it's not even surprising anymore:dafuckfeels: I am truly alien

Last edited:
Complaining about a problem =/= looking for advice.

Normies generally need to take their help and shove it. When I talk about something stupid in society, I'm looking to discuss perspectives about the subject, not to have some dumbass tell me I'm actually the problem.

It’s as I’ve always said…

When someone tells you “get therapy” it’s actually just code for “Look I’m too lazy and too narcissistic to be your friend and listen to your problems and or open up a dialogue that might be helpful for you so I’ll just parrot some cliched societal msm talking points at you, pat myself on the back for doing a good deed and call it a day. Later loser!”

Brilliant post as usual AA.

Since the Jews control the discourse it’s incredibly difficult if not impossible to get through to the goyim cattle.

Anyone that tries will just be met by laughter/mockery/scoffing as the goy’s entire worldview has been created by the trusted and super duper smart kosher experts on Talmudvision telling him or her what to say, think and believe their entire life.

So how can little old you compete with that?:feelsmega:

OMG! You’re NOT in TV!!:soy:

YOU’RE NOT A SUPER DUPER EXPERT WITH A HOOKED NOSE!!!:feels:

Unbelievable and pathetic state of affairs we’re in.:feelsUgh:
Based except the part about the jews.

From my schema therapy sessions I realized that "rescripting" exercises are just a watered down version of Jungian active imagination. Therefore schema therapy was completely pointless.

The last thing a normie wants to hear is that therapy doesn't work long term, because it conflicts with their "just world" fallacy. They want people that people who are off worse than them take 100% responsibility for situation, which in their eyes means that they have no right to complain about it