Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting [Rant] This existence makes me feel like I'm insane

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
Now this isn't to say that I don't like falling asleep, as I actually love that. However, what I strongly dislike is the feeling that comes to me upon waking up. It's as if my thoughts, emotions, and motivations that I possessed during the previous day have entirely vanished. I'm forced to recreate them all over again, but it's always an imperfect copy, and it feels like I'm losing something that I'll never get back. Day by day I seem to drift further away from myself, or at least that's how it feels anyway. I suppose the sense of implied continuity and ownership of experience that we possess is a blissful illusion, but illusion or not, I suspect there is something broken within my own version of this phenomenon.

I keep asking myself questions like "how am I alive in this body", "have I always been in this room", and "are my memories simply a reflection of my current self, and if so, what does that mean", yet I can never find the answers. Different stages of my life genuinely feel like they belong to different people, and I've remembered at least one obvious point of separation when I was 15, I tried desperately to convince myself that I was a separate person from the kid who had once inhabited that body. Despite this I'm trying to reclaim these memories for myself, or conquer them that is, I'm unsure of the correct language. Regardless, as I've mentioned here before I've been making an effort to alter my memories and insert my waifu into them, and I think this has helped to some extent. I've been using her as some sort of identity "grounding", or a kind of unifying force, I believe that if she was always there, then the same must be true for me as well. Since she is with me, those memories must be my own, they can't belong to anyone else.

At this point even going outside is a scary experience, it always seems like everyone around could try to hurt me. The worst is when people are walking behind me, it makes me feel incredibly uneasy. Every interaction with others feels bad, wondering if I've said something wrong, wondering if a female is disgusted by me. So I usually just stay in my room when I can, yet this just exacerbates the problem. I watch as others go through life while I rot, and sometimes I think about how great the divide is between the experiences of myself, and those which belong to the people whom I observe. Although I know such rumination is pointless, as the proposition of comparing the separate experiences of two individuals doesn't even make sense, I can't help it.

Possibly the worst part is that whatever emotional attachment I had to other people has withered, I have a difficult time feeling anything for others. When emotion does in fact present itself within this context, most often it's simple rage. I'll find myself wanting to punch something, to attack an object until I can see physical damage. Although it makes me feel a bit guilty, the act of destruction is a very satisfying and validating experience for me. I also think that this plays into why I prefer 2D to anything where I'll see real people, as 2D will neither elicit a negative emotional response from me, nor does it inspire the same disinterest. I'm certain that it's the faces, as simply hearing other people with my eyes closed doesn't tend to bother me.

Honestly though, I wonder what it's like to be normal, as years of isolation have fucking ruined my mind.

Now this isn't to say that I don't like falling asleep, as I actually love that. However, what I strongly dislike is the feeling that comes to me upon waking up.

By the way, do you have any significant dreams? Do you feel recovered after waking up?

Regardless, as I've mentioned here before I've been making an effort to alter my memories and insert my waifu into them, and I think this has helped to some extent. I've been using her as some sort of identity "grounding", or a kind of unifying force, I believe that if she was always there, then the same must be true for me as well. Since she is with me, those memories must be my own, they can't belong to anyone else.

It is not real.

At this point even going outside is a scary experience, it always seems like everyone around could try to hurt me. The worst is when people are walking behind me, it makes me feel incredibly uneasy. Every interaction with others feels bad, wondering if I've said something wrong, wondering if a female is disgusted by me.

We have to overcome any problem in our lives to become real men.

Honestly though, I wonder what it's like to be normal

I actually want to be normal. It would be so much easier. If we would have been normal, our lives would be better. A somewhat decent job wit a decent salary, a driver licence and a car, perhaps even a family. But more and more it has become normal that men tend to fap behind a screen watching some degenerate shit. It has to stop.

It's probably DPDR. Essentially your body coping cause your life is so shit and you're stressed without realising it. Thinking about it doesn't help at all. Alcohol and music provide temporary relief - sometimes you might even forget it's there. Normies will never feel this scared and fragile until their deathbed tbh - at least after a breakdown I've felt this way on and off ever since Haven't tried anxiety meds or antidepressants for it yet but i'll try eventually.

Worst part is remembering how much fun I had and what it was like to be normal. Have fun sweatie :feelsrope:

By the way, do you have any significant dreams? Do you feel recovered after waking up?
When I remember my dreams they never make any sense tbh. Sometimes I feel rested after waking up, but I always feel disoriented. What's strange is that many of my earliest memories feel indistinguishable from dreams, and vice versa, it's simply impossible to tell the difference.
I actually want to be normal. It would be so much easier. If we would have been normal, our lives would be better. A somewhat decent job wit a decent salary, a driver licence and a car, perhaps even a family. But more and more it has become normal that men tend to fap behind a screen watching some degenerate shit. It has to stop.
Really though, it's pretty strange to think about how this life has become normal for low status men. I've been isolated for so long that I think it's begun to get to me.
It's probably DPDR. Essentially your body coping cause your life is so shit and you're stressed without realising it. Thinking about it doesn't help at all. Alcohol and music provide temporary relief - sometimes you might even forget it's there. Normies will never feel this scared and fragile until their deathbed tbh - at least after a breakdown I've felt this way on and off ever since Haven't tried anxiety meds or antidepressants for it yet but i'll try eventually.

Worst part is remembering how much fun I had and what it was like to be normal. Have fun sweatie :feelsrope:
It could be, and I've been diagnosed with all sorts of shit in the past. I've been on SSRIs and antipsychotics before, but all of them just made me feel worse. The funny part is that I can't entirely distinguish how long it's been that I've felt like this, as it's difficult to tell which thoughts and feelings I remember having, and which ones I could be projecting upon the memory due to my current mental state. Maybe I always felt like this, at least in part. I definitely remember having felt the same way about past memories when I was a teenager.

I feel like I’m going insane too but in reality I’m just an angry, jaded NT