Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious (Question) does autism make you unable to recognize subtleties in stories ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33688
  • Start date
Deleted member 33688

Deleted member 33688

Self-banned
-
I remember sometimes reading discussion threads of anime, light novels or manga and the people in the discussion threads would often mention details that flew right over my head. Is this also a symptom of autism ?

From what I've gathered, it's either harder for you to understand, recognize, or acknowledge certain things like that or cliques or other things that those without autism would be able to catch onto faster and easier. Sometimes to the point they will never get it until hammered into their brain.

This is one reason I don't believe I have autism as some things fly over my head but I still get most I believe, and I never had to have something hammered to me.

idk its the opposite for me im autistic af but I like to do detailed literary analysis of everything I watch/read and think about the themes and meanings and stuff

Some of the social symptoms of autism include:
  • Difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling
  • Trouble reading social cues
  • Understanding figures of speech and turns of phrase (like “The early bird catches the worm” or “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth”) is difficult because autists interpret information as literal
  • Difficulty at recognizing emotions and intentions in others
  • Inability to recognize humor, irony, and sarcasm
Sounds like you might actually be autistic, either that or you're low IQ/bad at critical thinking which you don't seem like you are tbh

idk its the opposite for me im autistic af but I like to do detailed literary analysis of everything I watch/read and think about the themes and meanings and stuff
:feelsStudy:

Yeah, a foid on my book club wrote a play on how a female autist sees the world (don't ask) and she had to dumb it down so I could get the meaning of some things. Feels bad man.

I remember sometimes reading discussion threads of anime, light novels or manga and the people in the discussion threads would often mention details that flew right over my head. Is this also a symptom of autism ?
I always understand those, maybe I’m not autistic