Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Programmer-cels, what text editors do you use?

R

rplaca

Greycel
I use the superior GNU Emacs, it's a highly customizable and extensible text editor, you can do so much with it to the point where people like to meme it as an operating system. I personally use Emacs daily even for things that have nothing to do with programming and I have it running in the background at all times.

I highly recommend you give Emacs a try, there's so much to discover and customize, I honestly haven't been passionate about something in a long time and Emacs was able to somewhat fill the void.

View: https://imgur.com/a/USuoTiH

don't program very much but when i do it's... oh you're gonna hate me for this... VScode.

I've used Vim, Notepad++, Sublime, et cetera...

And, of-course, Emacs.

Whichever I feel like at the time tbh

Not a programmercel but I don't think anything beats convenience and versality of Notepad++

VScode and nano

usually vim or Notepad++ if on Windows

Vim is the only answer. Emacs is bloated as fuck.

Don’t care for customization, I just use simple shit like vscode
Trying to not be too much of an autist tbh

Tryng to be NT so I write my code in word

I usually never do comprehensive programming on any of my linux devices, just small edits to already made files. However, when I do need to edit a file I SFTPed onto my Debian machine, or modify an /etc/ file, I use emacs for sure. It's just so much more efficient than all of vim's modes. For editors on Windows, I use eclipse for c/c++ and Notepad++ for anything else.