Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Pokemon is the most normie JRPG

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

The only good women are the dead ones
★★★★★
Gameplay wise there is nothing unique about Pokemon. It's a stereotypical JRPG with bland mechanics. There is no grand interesting stories like other JRPGs. The entire appeal of Pokemon is the Pokemon themselves and their designs. Personally I don't feel satisfaction collecting or raising well designed marketable characters to engage in bland turn based combat. It's not like Pokemon is particularly unique with this mechanic either. Both Dragon and SMT did it before and in a more interesting manner.

Pokemon is one of the most normie game series to ever exist. I guarantee that if you swapped out all the Pokemon for poorly designed characters and removed the title no one would care. I almost fell asleep trying to play it the other day.

Yes, but the old Pokemon games are comfy in their broken simplicity. There's also tons of mods which can be fun.

nah, final fantasy

shitty melodrama and cutscenes which appeals more to foids and normies

Last edited:
Pokemon is one of the most normie game series to ever exist. I guarantee that if you swapped out all the Pokemon for poorly designed characters and removed the title no one would care. I almost fell asleep trying to play it the other day.
Many people grew up with Pokemon, so that's why they love it I assume.

iirc pokemon was released at the same time as things like crocodile hunter were big

things that appealed to the male urge for exploration, discovery and interacting with nature

they were fairly bare-bones games in a way, mostly focused on the player's journey, battles, etc., rather than flashy graphics, cutscenes and drama

modern pokemon games are dogshit because pop culture directed at males is mostly a lost art

I don't think that the original pokemon games are really that similar to modern normie games, normies are emasculated and probably couldn't relate

Only first few were enjoyable i didn't care about Pokemormon after gameboy games. Even back then i was emulating them :feelshaha:

Hey guys, did you know that in terms of male human and female Pokémon breeding, Vaporeon is the most compatible Pokémon for humans? Not only are they in the field egg group, which is mostly comprised of mammals, Vaporeon are an average of 3"03' tall and 63.9 pounds. this means they're large enough to be able to handle human dicks, and with their impressive Base Stats for HP and access to Acid Armor, you can be rough with one. Due to their mostly water based biology, there's no doubt in my mind that an aroused Vaporeon would be incredibly wet, so wet that you could easily have sex with one for hours without getting sore. They can also learn the moves Attract, Baby-Doll Eyes, Captivate, Charm, and Tail Whip, along with not having fur to hide nipples, so it'd be incredibly easy for one to get you in the mood. With their abilities Water Absorb and Hydration, they can easily recover from fatigue with enough water. No other Pokémon comes close to this level of compatibility. Also, fun fact, if you pull out enough, you can make your Vaporeon turn white.

iirc pokemon was released at the same time as things like crocodile hunter were big

things that appealed to the male urge for exploration, discovery and interacting with nature

they were fairly bare-bones games in a way, mostly focused on the player's journey, battles, etc., rather than flashy graphics, cutscenes and drama
Agreed, that's the appeal of the older games for me. Exploring the world, finding new monsters, building them up to beat gyms. Once they started adding too much shit like breeding and a thousand ugly variations and stupid storylines, I checked out.

Exploring the world, finding new monsters, building them up to beat gyms.
This, the exploration factor was always the best part of the games for me. Never found the battle system to be particularly interesting.

They have competitive pvp though, It's pretty fun and meta af. Remember the days of muh cancer lvl 1 ratata team that one shots lvl 100s.

Last edited:
Gen 2 is my all time favorite.

Speaking of Pokemon, I attempted to watch the first season all the way thru... I hadn't watched Pokemon since my childhood home was foreclosed when I was 11-12 yrs. old / 2007-ish? So.. I never went back to Pokemon, I grew up pretty quick and missed out on a lot of shit.

Anyways, the point I'm making is.. I attempted to watch the first season.. I get thru it, watched the first movie, attempted to start "orange league" (I think it was?) and made it about two episodes or so... and then I ultimately quit. Bro, fuck Pokemon. Most of it is absolute garbage / boring asf. Not one character did I give a fuck about, not even Ash or Brock, etc. Sure, it's a "children's show", but holy shit... I've watched other shows similar (time-period) and they were much better / held up a lot more than whatever the fuck I watched. Sorry for those that love Pokemon, but holy shit is it a drag.

DBZ / GT & Yu-Gi-Oh! >>>> Pokemon; any day of the week.

Speaking of Pokemon, I attempted to watch the first season all the way thru... I hadn't watched Pokemon since my childhood home was foreclosed when I was 11-12 yrs. old / 2007-ish? So.. I never went back to Pokemon, I grew up pretty quick and missed out on a lot of shit.

Anyways, the point I'm making is.. I attempted to watch the first season.. I get thru it, watched the first movie, attempted to start "orange league" (I think it was?) and made it about two episodes or so... and then I ultimately quit. Bro, fuck Pokemon. Most of it is absolute garbage / boring asf. Not one character did I give a fuck about, not even Ash or Brock, etc. Sure, it's a "children's show", but holy shit... I've watched other shows similar (time-period) and they were much better / held up a lot more than whatever the fuck I watched. Sorry for those that love Pokemon, but holy shit is it a drag.

DBZ / GT & Yu-Gi-Oh! >>>> Pokemon; any day of the week.
Yeah, that show was cool back in the day if you didn't see much anime because ofc anime animation has always mogged western animation. However if you've watched anime then it's one of the blandest shows.

nah, final fantasy

shitty melodrama and cutscenes which appeals more to foids and normies
That only started being a thing after the series’ derailment with XII, honestly. The PS1 games had soul, and X was relatively okay.

99% of jrpgs are for retarded kids anyway
just your average attack/defend/run away shit all over again like it's 80s or some shit

99% of jrpgs are for retarded kids anyway
just your average attack/defend/run away shit all over again like it's 80s or some shit
Unicorn Overlord doesn't even have that you just rush into the enemy and you win or lose depending on the stats JFL what a shitty game. At least their previous games were fun with a combat that let you abuse certain mechanics to be fast as fuck.

View: https://youtu.be/KQ6gNGInhSI?t=42

Its a game for children, what did you expect?

I guarantee that if you swapped out all the Pokemon for poorly designed characters and removed the title no one would care.
>If you took away all the pokemon from pokemon nobody would care!
shocking

Fuckable trainers though

Yes, but the old Pokemon games are comfy in their broken simplicity. There's also tons of mods which can be fun.
After DS i Lost interest.
3rd Gen is my favorite.

It's supposed to be baby's first RPG game, had a lot of fun playing until Gen 4 back in the day.

Hey guys, did you know that in terms of male human and female Pokémon breeding, Vaporeon is the most compatible Pokémon for humans? Not only are they in the field egg group, which is mostly comprised of mammals, Vaporeon are an average of 3"03' tall and 63.9 pounds. this means they're large enough to be able to handle human dicks, and with their impressive Base Stats for HP and access to Acid Armor, you can be rough with one. Due to their mostly water based biology, there's no doubt in my mind that an aroused Vaporeon would be incredibly wet, so wet that you could easily have sex with one for hours without getting sore. They can also learn the moves Attract, Baby-Doll Eyes, Captivate, Charm, and Tail Whip, along with not having fur to hide nipples, so it'd be incredibly easy for one to get you in the mood. With their abilities Water Absorb and Hydration, they can easily recover from fatigue with enough water. No other Pokémon comes close to this level of compatibility. Also, fun fact, if you pull out enough, you can make your Vaporeon turn white.

Vaporeon pill just dropped :feelshaha:

It's supposed to be baby's first RPG game, had a lot of fun playing until Gen 4 back in the day.
this, it's unironically made for children, shitting on it for being simplistic is like making fun of a children's colouring book for not measuring up to Dostoyevskiy

You can play pokemon showdown it's where hardcore pokemon players live
They have competitive pvp though, It's pretty fun and meta af. Remember the days of muh cancer lvl 1 ratata team that one shots lvl 100s.
o

If you swap out pokemons with poirly desgined the game won't work and go to pokemon showdown its a free webbroswer pokemon game to create a team and fight other people

I grew up with Pokémon

anyone remember the plot twist where red became an unspeaking truecel living alone in a cave

I haven't played them for ages, but I think I always preferred Gen. II

the sense of scale, minimalism, day-night cycle and slightly cynical, downbeat tone made it stand out. plus the rival was based, and also the plot 'twist' where red ends up isolated and quiet in a cave is based + angsty

it's like a linkin park song in pokemon form

although the glitches in Gen. I are more fun

I found Gen. III a bit heavy-handed and theatrical, the plot was a bit too melodramatic and al gore-y and it added a female player character which is gay. we played that as kids and there was some fun hidden content (I think acro bike stuff, shell bells, regis, latis, etc.), but most of it is a bit too tame and flashy idk.

like, in Gen. II on your way back to the prof you're ambushed by this mysterious unnamed trainer who broke into the lab, which is fun edgy shit, but in Gen. III you um go to the first gym, meet your father and help a rival catch a pokemon after fighting your other rival who is hardly a rival and more of a friend gone wrong, then voyage to the first gym where the leader is a schoolteacher. eventually you help save the world from global warming or whatever. tame af

I'd get bored of all of them now, but I still think Gen. II probably has the best design
Dude i still have my original Emerald cartridge with over 400 something hours in there, and at least ALL the silver symbols from Battle Frontier.

In terms of Challenge, nothing beats the AI system they Did in Emerald with the Battle Frontier the closest thing to a real expert player which sometimes i still do Play.

I also found that rare fish that evolves into Milotic.

Talking about the 2nd Gen, i do Like Fire Red and Liquid Crystal(fan-made) great original remakes of the OGs and they are their own thing faithfully.

But yeah there is some creepypasta shit with 2nd Gen games. Like Ghost town, and graves.

Now addressing the Legendary Pokémons, i take 3rd Gen all day long AND - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team which combines Everything into a single game of Epic proportions.

ups, reposting this:

After DS i Lost interest.
3rd Gen is my favorite.

the sense of scale, minimalism, day-night cycle and slightly cynical, downbeat tone made it stand out. plus the rival was based, and also the plot 'twist' where red ends up isolated and quiet in a cave is based + angsty

I found Gen. III a bit heavy-handed and theatrical, the plot was a bit too melodramatic and al gore-y and it added a female player character which is gay. we played that as kids and there was some fun hidden content (I think acro bike stuff, shell bells, regis, latis, etc.), but most of it is a bit too tame and flashy idk.

like, in Gen. II on your way back to the prof you're ambushed by this mysterious unnamed trainer who broke into the lab, which is fun edgy shit, but in Gen. III you um go to the first gym, meet your father and help a rival catch a pokemon after fighting your other rival who is hardly a rival and more of a friend gone wrong, then voyage to the first gym where the leader is a schoolteacher. eventually you help save the world from global warming or whatever. tame af

I'd get bored of all of them now, but I still think Gen. II probably has the best design

Dude i still have my original Emerald cartridge with over 400 something hours in there, and at least ALL the silver symbols from Battle Frontier.

In terms of Challenge, nothing beats the AI system they Did in Emerald with the Battle Frontier the closest thing to a real expert player which sometimes i still do Play.

I also found that rare fish that evolves into Milotic.
Feebas, I think?

yea, that was another of those hidden features, emerald is mostly the same base game as r/s with some add-ons I think

Talking about the 2nd Gen, i do Like Fire Red and Liquid Crystal(fan-made) great original remakes of the OGs and they are their own thing faithfully.
Are those romhacks? I've heard of romhacks but never liked them

But yeah there is some creepypasta shit with 2nd Gen games. Like Ghost town, and graves.
Wasn't that Gen. I? lavender town etc.

way back when, we also chatted about pokegod rumours, like, if you do a series of convoluted shit then you'll get a mew or some crazy fictional pokemon

that shit was fun tbh

people were really schizo about pokemon back in the day, plus Gen. I was glitchy af which probably helped

it was like having INTELLAU schizoposting decades ago

Now addressing the Legendary Pokémons
best legendary pokemon is mewtwo tbh, he's basically an incel hiding away like red

they even made a movie where he went ER on humanity to replace them with his superior pokemon. he's like ER or hitler or something, only good film they made back when I was watching it

Last edited:
ups, reposting this:

I respect that:feelsYall:. Im more of a Hoenn type of playER.

HOENN HAS TOO MUCH WATER

JUST THE OTHER DAY I WAS WALKING PAST OLDALE TOWN AND A ZIGZAGOON WALKED UP TO ME AND SAID, 'HEY BAKKA DID U KNO THAT GOOD PERSONALITY = HANDSOME'

LIKE YES I KNOW THE BLACKPILL NIGGA

THEN MAY COMES UP AND IS LIKE 'DO U KNO Y I FUCKED NORMAN? IT IS BECAUSE HE IS A 7'5 CHAD. BRUTAL BLACKPILL'

SHUT UP WHORE I KNOW

FINALLY THE PROFESSOR COMES TO MEET HER, THEN FOR NO REASON TURNS TO ME AND SAYS, 'DID. YOU. KNOW. THAT FOIDS. ARE. HYPERGAMOUS???'

LIKE SHUT UP YES I KNOW

TOO MUCH WATER WTF

Last edited:
Feebas, I think?

yea, that was another of those hidden features, emerald is mostly the same base game as r/s with some add-ons I think

Are those romhacks? I've heard of those but never liked them

Wasn't that Gen. I? lavender town etc.

way back when, we also chatted about pokegod rumours, like, if you do a series of convoluted shit then you'll get a mew or some crazy fictional pokemon

that shit was fun tbh

people were really schizo about pokemon back in the day, plus Gen. I was glitchy af which probably helped

it was like having INTELLAU schizoposting decades ago

best legendary pokemon is mewtwo tbh, he's basically an incel hiding away like red

they even made a movie where he went ER on humanity to replace them with his superior pokemon. he's like ER or hitler or something, only good film they made back when I was watching it
Yeah Feebas that's right.
Since the battery has ran dry, the 6 fishing spots Stay stationary. They don't change location.

Liquid Crystal is a Romhack yes but i also have the homebrew cartridge from a bootleg purchase on eBay in 2019.

Yep Lavender Town, i think on Fire Red you also go There. It is creepy as shit.

You know a Lot of internet pokepasta back +10 years was interesting to read and see dudes creating scenarios that puzzled the imagination on old youtube.

Mewtwo is technically a Super Human Hybrid i think. A Lab rat so to speak. A trye Psychic Beast for sure.

There is a Romhack called, Emerald 386 where you can find the other 2nd Gen Legendaries in a original way including Ho-Oh, Lugia, Deoxys.

Also check, Emerald Double Edition both of these Romhacks are hardcore Difficulty, Elite Four is just Beautiful they changed some pokémons too

There is always a Lot to play

HOENN HAS TOO MUCH WATER

View attachment 1289480

JUST THE OTHER DAY I WAS WALKING PAST OLDALE TOWN AND A ZIGZAGOON WALKED UP TO ME AND SAID, 'HEY BAKKA DID U KNO THAT GOOD PERSONALITY = HANDSOME'

LIKE YES I KNOW THE BLACKPILL NIGGA

THEN MAY COMES UP AND IS LIKE 'DO U KNO Y I FUCKED NORMAN? IT IS BECAUSE HE IS A 7'5 CHAD. BRUTAL BLACKPILL'

SHUT UP WHORE I KNOW

FINALLY THE PROFESSOR COMES TO MEET HER, THEN FOR NO REASON TURNS TO ME AND SAYS, 'DID. YOU. KNOW. THAT FOIDS. ARE. HYPERGAMOUS???'

LIKE SHUT UP YES I KNOW

TOO MUCH WATER WTF
Ah yeah i remember this when they launched those 2 remakes from the Hoenn region laughable spectacle of a revuew aiGN

yea fair enough

I always just preferred games with a long, lonely journey, like ecco the dolphin or 2nd gen pokemon

it's funny bc when I was playing the gen. II games when young, I was actually quite sociable and was friends with most guys (we didn't interact with foids)

but I've still always preferred Gen. II for that kind of reason, it has some nice personality and atmosphere to it which made it feel worth playing

You can use Mewtwo on Battle Frontier, just have that cable link, 2GBAs, and the catridges in their place.

Or play Emerald 386 on PC with emulator.

The Regi Trio, The 3 Legendary Dogs, The 3 Birds, these i know for certain.

@SoycuckGodOfReddit i dont think up to 4th Gen at Best you can say that this is a true autistic series for the Heavily invested. Its different than Skyrim the tone and color, setting. It captivates our systematizing structure and its like a match.

The inventory, strategy and all that

Much like Earthbound on the SNES for example, or Chrono Trigger.

Not a normie game in my mind.

Last edited:
Yeah Feebas that's right.
Since the battery has ran dry, the 6 fishing spots Stay stationary. They don't change location.
Oh yeah, I think i remember having an old cartridge for one of these games, no idea what happened to it

but it did always show that battery message lmao

ngl tho, if the feebas spots stay stationary, that's actually kinda broken. nice fine

Liquid Crystal is a Romhack yes but i also have the homebrew cartridge from a bootleg purchase on eBay in 2019.
omg I remember when stores used to sell all kinds of weird bootleg cartridges with made-up pokemon games on them

I remember one named pokemon jade or something, which was just some other game where you summon monsters by telephoning them or something?

and some were either hacks or just weird shit

if more romhacks were like that it would be p based imo. it was kind of a scam, but having all of those weird fictional pokemon titles littered around was fun in a way

Yep Lavender Town, i think on Fire Red you also go There. It is creepy as shit.
yep, it was like a house of horrors thrown into the middle of a kid's game, even had figures who wanted to drain your blood or w/e lmao

it was kinda fun and out-there

tbh the early pokemon games had a lot of strange shit that wouldn't usually be associated with a kid's game, in the later gens they became much more sanitized

I think the music from that is famous, after that rumour saying it caused tons of jap kids to kys

[quote[You know a Lot of internet pokepasta back +10 years was interesting to read and see dudes creating scenarios that puzzled the imagination on old youtube.[/quote]
yea pokemon has always been v popular among milennials

even that um palworld thing grew really big for a while because of people who wanted to check out an edgy pokemon-based game

but the drama around it in the late 90's was p crazy, tons of speculation + enthusiasm and very few people who had definitive answers, it was chaos tbh

Mewtwo is technically a Super Human Hybrid i think. A Lab rat so to speak. A trye Psychic Beast for sure.
yea he's basically a humanoid who's genetically altered and is now isolated and hated by humans because of it

Oh yeah, I think i remember having an old cartridge for one of these games, no idea what happened to it

but it did always show that battery message lmao

ngl tho, if the feebas spots stay stationary, that's actually kinda broken. nice fine

omg I remember when stores used to sell all kinds of weird bootleg cartridges with made-up pokemon games on them

I remember one named pokemon jade or something, which was just some other game where you summon monsters by telephoning them or something?

and some were either hacks or just weird shit

if more romhacks were like that it would be p based imo. it was kind of a scam, but having all of those weird fictional pokemon titles littered around was fun in a way

yep, it was like a house of horrors thrown into the middle of a kid's game, even had figures who wanted to drain your blood or w/e lmao

it was kinda fun and out-there

tbh the early pokemon games had a lot of strange shit that wouldn't usually be associated with a kid's game, in the later gens they became much more sanitized

I think the music from that is famous, after that rumour saying it caused tons of jap kids to kys

[quote[You know a Lot of internet pokepasta back +10 years was interesting to read and see dudes creating scenarios that puzzled the imagination on old youtube.
yea pokemon has always been v popular among milennials

even that um palworld thing grew really big for a while because of people who wanted to check out an edgy pokemon-based game

but the drama around it in the late 90's was p crazy, tons of speculation + enthusiasm and very few people who had definitive answers, it was chaos tbh

yea he's basically a humanoid who's genetically altered and is now isolated and hated by humans because of it
[/QUOTE]
----/-----/------/--------/--------/--------/----------/---/
The only way to fix a battery that has ran dry, is to open the cartridge must have solding Tools and gently peel off the battery, and put a new One in there identical in line with the wat/frequency. Because it is a clock.

Liquid Crystal, Emerald 386, Emerald Double Edition are ALL real games.

Well, that's all there is to it.

@SoycuckGodOfReddit i dont think up to 4th Gen at Best you can say that this is a true autistic series for the Heavily invested
idk, I think just about everyone was playing the original games

at least among males it was really popular

kids nowadays probably couldn't play the earlier games properly, because modern players require fancy graphics, dumb tiktok-tier content and crazy amounts of hand-holding. but I actually prefer that kind of old, minimalistic aesthetic, it feels better and is more interesting.

those games can reward heavy investment, but I think people could generally beat the game and enjoy it without that much of a focus on details.

but it's definitely true of battle frontier and the competitive pokemon scene. additions like breeding, abilities, natures, etc., as well as IVs/EVs, took a lot of effort, and that was before taking into consideration the meta and all of that. I've never really been into competitive pokemon much, but yea it sounds like it takes some fairly heavy investment.

I don't recall 4th gen, most of what I remember was the professor lecturing us after a long forced cutscene at the beginning and that bored the shit out of me jfl.

Its different than Skyrim the tone and color, setting.
isn't that from a different era and console, though?

but yea, obviously it's quite different from most modern games. a lot of earlier games were kind of obscure, like ecco the dolphin. since modern games are made with a different aesthetic and for a different audience (eg. foids), they generally won't achieve anything similar

but I think during pokemon's era, it was actually quite mild for an rpg

crpg's went pretty crazy with D&D-based stats, drawing out maps, and other stuff. many of them weren't that great, but some of them are still well-known like baldur's gate, fallout and icewind dale. some jrpg's were also a bit influenced by that

pokemon was comparatively quite streamlined, simplified and focused on bonding with the monsters rather than the stats. most of the stats were things like IV/EV which weren't even shown. the focus of the game was more towards the monsters and sense of adventure, and less on the specifics of stats and battle mechanics

idk, I think just about everyone was playing the original games

at least among males it was really popular

kids nowadays probably couldn't play the earlier games properly, because modern players require fancy graphics, dumb tiktok-tier content and crazy amounts of hand-holding. but I actually prefer that kind of old, minimalistic aesthetic, it feels better and is more interesting.

those games can reward heavy investment, but I think people could generally beat the game and enjoy it without that much of a focus on details.

but it's definitely true of battle frontier and the competitive pokemon scene. additions like breeding, abilities, natures, etc., as well as IVs/EVs, took a lot of effort, and that was before taking into consideration the meta and all of that. I've never really been into competitive pokemon much, but yea it sounds like it takes some fairly heavy investment.

I don't recall 4th gen, most of what I remember was the professor lecturing us after a long forced cutscene at the beginning and that bored the shit out of me jfl.

isn't that from a different era and console, though?

but yea, obviously it's quite different from most modern games. a lot of earlier games were kind of obscure, like ecco the dolphin. since modern games are made with a different aesthetic and for a different audience (eg. foids), they generally won't achieve anything similar

but I think during pokemon's era, it was actually quite mild for an rpg

crpg's went pretty crazy with D&D-based stats, drawing out maps, and other stuff. many of them weren't that great, but some of them are still well-known like baldur's gate, fallout and icewind dale. some jrpg's were also a bit influenced by that

pokemon was comparatively quite streamlined, simplified and focused on bonding with the monsters rather than the stats. most of the stats were things like IV/EV which weren't even shown. the focus of the game was more towards the monsters and sense of adventure, and less on the specifics of stats and battle mechanics

View: https://archive.org/details/darkmrs-pokemon-emerald-elite-four

Check my Battle Pyramid silver symbol.
Click and scroll, it ONLY shows Elite Four here which is the first video
@Kevin Logan archived this gameplay since i shared with him. He plays Pokémon very seriously.
Download because i didnt encode into a smaller size when he decided to archive this file back in 2021.

Last edited:
Never played it before.

ty for the video!

I'll check it out

was skarmory still as OP in 3rd gen? it was quite powerful in 2nd gen, especially since steel-type was new
Yeah Steven Stone also uses good ol' Skarmory. Well His team is pretty solid.

@SoycuckGodOfReddit see the reply again, i edited it!