Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Pokémon collective run thread

Which theme sounds the most interesting to you?

• Monogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monocolor

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
I had an idea of something many of us (even those with little time and/or shitty PCs) could do together and could be very fun. Start a Pokémon run together with other incels, preferably using the same version of the game and similar themes. So we get to discuss and post periodic screenshots of our progress here.

I'll nominate Pokémon Theta Emerald for it. That's the version they used when I participated of one of these collective runs on an imageboard and it was very fun. That version contains all Pokémon, moves, etc up to gen VI but within Pokémon Emerald, a gen III GBA game that should run even in the slowest PCs and laptops (my laptop can't run the newer games with 100% speed for example).

As for themes, I think a monotype run could be fun. Each user chooses or rolls for a type (random.org). That's what we did that time (I got the Ghost type).

If someone wants, he can plays another version or an individual theme he choses, there were some guys doing that at the other time as well. Just have fun boyos.

I won't put the links to the downloads here because I'm not sure if it's really allowed but it's super easy to find everything on Google. As for an emulator, use VBA if you want stability, No$gba if you want speed (fastest one by far but buggy, I use that one) and mGBA if you want balance.

Some links concerning themes:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color
https://dragonflycave.com/favorite.html
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

We could begin as soon as there's enough people (assuming I won't be left alone to rot on my unsuccessful attempt of a new type of thread :feelsrope:).

Also, an edit: there are some bugs in Theta Emerald, but nothing serious enough to ruin it. The animations of the moves "draining kiss" and "electro ball", as well as "rock tomb" WHEN used by a Pokémon with the ability "sheer force" will freeze the game. To avoid that just disable to move animations, but it's mostly safe to enable it again at some point in the game because those moves are only really seen at the beginning since they're weak.

Also the item "assault vest" bugs the game, just don't buy it or try to steal it from an opponent's Pokémon with "thief" or "covet" (only in the Elite 4 there are some Pokémons with it as far as I know).

Last edited:
Sounds fun, but i'm already playing through a Pokèmon romhack.

Sounds good, count me in!

i don't get what u mean we play a pokemon game and then share our progress?

I like Nuzlock challenges....because it's an actual challenge if you apply strict rules.

I got Always Slow, does that mean my team should be big and slow pokemon only?

I like Nuzlock challenges....because it's an actual challenge if you apply strict rules.
Nuzlocke would also be very fun on Theta Emerald because there's so much variety of Pokémon in any grass area. I usually don't like Nuzlocke much because you tend to get the same boring common Pokémon over and over and I like training the rare ones.

We could mix Nuzlocke with other themes also, Nuzlocke Monotype would be challenging.

Yeah....not fucking with GEN 3.

I’m playing through heart gold right now so I’m a bit occupied. :feelsbadman:

Yeah....not fucking with GEN 3.
You dislike it? It's the most popular gen on emulator culture, as well as the one with most hackroms. You can play a game from another gen if you want with us, but I can't go to any gen past III with my slow laptop. I don't want to play with a skippy framerate at 60% speed.
I got Always Slow, does that mean my team should be big and slow pokemon only?
You could also make a personal theme like that. I was thinking about doing a JB-like Pokémon theme but I can't think of 6 Pokémon who'd fit that theme. Only Kirlia and Gothorita... maybe Lopunny as well.

You dislike it? It's the most popular gen on emulator culture, as well as the one with most hackroms. You can play a game from another gen if you want with us, but I can't go to any gen past III with my slow laptop. I don't want to play with a skippy framerate at 60% speed.
I would probably do FireRed, but the difficulty would take too long especially with these rules.

Do you play competitively? Like competative singles? I got Moon and a pretty solid team with IVs/EVs

I would probably do FireRed, but the difficulty would take too long especially with these rules.

Do you play competitively? Like competative singles? I got Moon and a pretty solid team with IVs/EVs
I used to play competitively on Netbattle and then Pokémon Online and Showdown, but I honestly got tired of it and didn't have the patience to update myself on the new stuff past gen VI.

I was fairly good but nothing to write home about. I once got second in the ladder of Pokémon showdown random battle, but quickly went back down. I also won against the best confirmed female Pokémon player on a tournament in the Pokémon Netbattle Supremacy days, was a good battle tbh. But there were at least 50 players better than her anyway.

I used to play competitively on Netbattle and then Pokémon Online and Showdown, but I honestly got tired of it and didn't have the patience to update myself on the new stuff past gen VI.

I was fairly good but nothing to write home about. I once got second in the ladder of Pokémon showdown random battle, but quickly went back down. I also won against the best confirmed female Pokémon player on a tournament in the Pokémon Netbattle Supremacy days, was a good battle tbh. But there were at least 50 players better than her anyway.
Do you play on the 3ds?

Do you play on the 3ds?
I never owned any kind of portable console. I was thinking about buying a 3DS when working but I quit and I have to use the money for other stuff now :feelsrope:

I never owned any kind of portable console. I was thinking about buying a 3DS when working but I quit and I have to use the money for other stuff now :feelsrope:
Ok I see, yeah I usually play on the battle spot on pokemon moons wifi

Let's confirm at least like 4 people to begin playing. Me and misanthropekun are confirmed., so two people left.

Anyone else played the moemon roms?

Anyone else played the moemon roms?
I did. But I always end up training only the same ones I find the cutest.
Letztes moemon

Some guy from deviantart did a really good jog recently updating some third gen moemon sprites. That SS is old.

Pokemon gen 2 (silver) and Pokemon gen 3 Ruby was the best games I have ever played.