Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Playing skyrim/dark souls triggers the historycel in me.

jagged0

jagged0

Banned
-
Anytime I try to play video games like skyrim/dark souls I cringe at how inaccurate the sword fighting is, and how ineffectively built the armor sets are. Why on earth is it possible for your character to tank multiple arrow shots and just shrug it off. I know some of you might say it's just a video game and can't be 100% like real life but it's still annoying.

I'm sure you look like this

9K8aBWH.png

That's why it's called 'fantasy' it's not supposed to be realistic or historically accurate.

Because if it was realistic the gameplay would be shit.

If everyone died in 1 sword hit then the game is less skillful and more about who gets the drop on who

How do you feel about first person shooters?

Games are more based on balancing than realism

both games are homogaysexual

Skyrim isnt even annoying it's easy

Have you tried mount & blade?

I'm more annoyed by the fact that most fantasy follows such a primitive dichotomy of the heroes being these good-looking heroes in bright armor and the evil ones always being ugly, darkish monsters in dark-clothes. As much as I enjoyed the Witcher, I'd rather fight against other humans than against ugly monsters. There is an interesting interview with George R. R. Martin about that, where he sas that: 

Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles? 

The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

Red Shambhala said:
I'm more annoyed by the fact that most fantasy follows such a primitive dichotomy of the heroes being these good-looking heroes in bright armor and the evil ones always being ugly, darkish monsters in dark-clothes. As much as I enjoyed the Witcher, I'd rather fight against other humans than against ugly monsters. There is an interesting interview with George R. R. Martin about that, where he sas that: 

So true, no wonder society hates ugly people when beautiful people are always the good guys.

It's just game mechanics you fucking sperg

There are enough mods to change all that lol