Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Overpopulation brings great social decline

not_here_4_points

not_here_4_points

beeing myself
★★★★★
There was a scientist named John B. Calhoun who studied behavior of rats by putting them in a little connected pen community and altering population levels to see how they'd respond. The response he found is that the rats become meaner and less inclined to reproduce. I think we're seeing pretty much the exact same effect in humanity in the world as the populations and population concentrations grow. I'm an American millennial and from where I've been most of my life I can say the concept of community, neighbors giving a damn about each other is declining and downright dead in many places.

People valuing each other less and having greater numbers around probably strengthens the value and emphasis on looks as well.

Someone asked in a thread today if inceldom will worsen. The answer is a definite yes for these reasons and many others.

There are other factors. Technology has removed a lot of codependence. Multiculturalism also facilitates a desire for isolation and flight since it kills innate community inclinations.

A big part of that experiment was about unwanted social stress, the constant social interaction broke the rats psychologically. When introduced to normal rat populations they remained unable to function and isolated themselves from the group focusing on solitary activities. I don't think it's hard to draw the line between broken men exposed to constant negative social stress in an overly shallow social modern world and the broken rats. I think he intended it more as a warning of sleepwalking into a mindless and maladaptive social world, and that's exactly what we've done.

sepelion said:
There are other factors. Technology has removed a lot of codependence. Multiculturalism also facilitates a desire for isolation and flight since it kills innate community inclinations.

Agreed on both counts.

Indeed. We will reach peak oil production soon and energy consumption has never been higher

Here rats are being traumatized by being around too many other rats and people think I have a hope in hell of making it after 21 years of bullying, abuse, and social isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back