Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Opinions on "orbiting"

What is your opinion on "orbiting"?

• Total voters
From my past experience attempting to "just be friends" with girls (which is basically orbiting) is that friendship for men and women is to different and will always turn to shit given enough time. For example, male friendships emotionally confide in each other very differently from how women do it. Men generally will use shared experience and comedy to aleve the pain. Maybe exchange some psuedo-stoic philosophy about living life. Women are different. Women between each other will comfort each other. They tell each other things will be okay, things aren't their fault, they are good and special, they deserve better, etc. They tell each other that they love and care about them. What happens when men and women try to be friends is you often get women who make boring friends for the man (they're not funny, share life experience, nor are they philosophical) and woman implicitly emasculates the man by seeking emotional comfort from him, but not being in a sexual relationship with him.

As a man, if you're going to attempt to be friends with a woman, you MUST make a hard rule never to provide them emotional comfort. This has nothing to do with protecting your male pride. It is so you never develop feelings for her. You WILL develop feelings for a women you provide emotional comfort to. It is how we are wired. It is the exact behavior that causes males to bond with females. This is how you get cucks who are in love with women they never sleep with and treat them with no respect. This is also why Chad sleeps with countless women and has no feelings for them whatsoever - because sex is not what bonds males to females! If you attempt this, my guess is that your experiences will be much like my own - women don't stick around because you're to "mean" (not providing emotional comfort when they seek it) or they will actually start flirting with you hard to lead you on. If you were a Chad they would just fuck you and hope their pussy was worth you "investing" (providing emotional comfort) to them.

High IQ.
Soy thread. Intruder alert
Yeah I've said.

JFL if you are “friends” with a foid.

From my past experience attempting to "just be friends" with girls (which is basically orbiting) is that friendship for men and women is to different and will always turn to shit given enough time. For example, male friendships emotionally confide in each other very differently from how women do it. Men generally will use shared experience and comedy to aleve the pain. Maybe exchange some psuedo-stoic philosophy about living life. Women are different. Women between each other will comfort each other. They tell each other things will be okay, things aren't their fault, they are good and special, they deserve better, etc. They tell each other that they love and care about them. What happens when men and women try to be friends is you often get women who make boring friends for the man (they're not funny, share life experience, nor are they philosophical) and woman implicitly emasculates the man by seeking emotional comfort from him, but not being in a sexual relationship with him.

As a man, if you're going to attempt to be friends with a woman, you MUST make a hard rule never to provide them emotional comfort. This has nothing to do with protecting your male pride. It is so you never develop feelings for her. You WILL develop feelings for a women you provide emotional comfort to. It is how we are wired. It is the exact behavior that causes males to bond with females. This is how you get cucks who are in love with women they never sleep with and treat them with no respect. This is also why Chad sleeps with countless women and has no feelings for them whatsoever - because sex is not what bonds males to females! If you attempt this, my guess is that your experiences will be much like my own - women don't stick around because you're to "mean" (not providing emotional comfort when they seek it) or they will actually start flirting with you hard to lead you on. If you were a Chad they would just fuck you and hope their pussy was worth you "investing" (providing emotional comfort) to them.
High iq.

Well erm, two points I want to make here. First of all it's interesting that I'm getting very mixed signals from people here in this thread. On the one hand, men and women are very different and can't be friends. On the other, the way I speak (and possibly think, I'm not sure) is feminine enough to some people here that they genuinely seem to think I am a woman. Both cannot be true. Either we're very different, or we can't be that different because I'm sitting here as a man who apparently speaks so much like a woman I'm convincing people of that without trying XD

I give emotional support to all my friends I suppose, if they need it. And if the idea of dating a female friend comes up then... so? Isn't that a good thing? As long as you both have enough self-control and respect for the wishes of the other to agree to either be friends or to be more, then what's the problem? It's only really a problem if one of them can't take no for an answer.

And if the idea of dating a female friend comes up then... so? Isn't that a good thing? As long as you both have enough self-control and respect for the wishes of the other to agree to either be friends or to be more, then what's the problem? It's only really a problem if one of them can't take no for an answer.
Kissing a femoid's ass and offering her emotional support in hopes of a relationship to come out of it is what makes you an orbiter. If you don't ass kiss, or "be nice", to your male friends to the same degree you help your femoid friends, that means you treat people nicer based on what you want out of them, which makes you a groomer and manipulator. Your tactic doesn't even work, you end up in the cuckzone and still end up posting here either way. So encouraging men here to orbit is extremely stupid, unless you are intentionally trying to mislead us and waste our time.

Kissing a femoid's ass and offering her emotional support in hopes of a relationship to come out of it is what makes you an orbiter. If you don't ass kiss, or "be nice", to your male friends to the same degree you help your femoid friends, that means you treat people nicer based on what you want out of them, which makes you a groomer and manipulator. Your tactic doesn't even work, you end up in the cuckzone and still end up posting here either way. So encouraging men here to orbit is extremely stupid, unless you are intentionally trying to mislead us and waste our time.

OK now you're just (possibly deliberately) misrepresenting what I'm saying :p

And if the idea of dating a female friend comes up then... so? Isn't that a good thing? As long as you both have enough self-control and respect for the wishes of the other to agree to either be friends or to be more, then what's the problem? It's only really a problem if one of them can't take no for an answer.

You've clearly never experienced unrequited love. As I stated in my post, men will develop feelings for women they provide emotional comfort to. This is much more than just attraction or a desire to date. It is literally the same love you should feel for your committed girlfriend or wife. That is because it is only with your committed partner that a man should engage in those behaviors BECAUSE those behaviors cause him to bond with (read "love") a woman.

This isn't a fucking joke. A man who loves a woman is going to have to experience the same level of heart break as he would if he were in an actual relationship with her because it is entirely based on how much he loves her, not the other way around. This is why "oneitism" is a thing. This is how guys get used and manipulated for months, if not years at a time. It isn't because the women are so smart and sneaky. It is because the men are literally in love with them. Love isn't something just happens, it is biological response to a certain set of behaviors.

And if you think you can just be friends with a woman you love well more power to you. I've been there and found the experience both emasculating and degrading. Being told what a great person you are, actually being that great person to someone, for them to tell you that your worth dating or experiencing love and sex, but they don't want to experience love and sex with you is fucking brutal. Honestly, I prefer IncelTear's bullshit that I'm just an awful person who doesn't deserve sex or love, because then I along with IncelTears can pretend that who we are as people matters at all.

I think it's fine as long as you are not attracted one bit by her, for whatever reason there is.
I think if you have many foids friends, it increases your SMV to the eyes of other foids that you might want to reach.
I reckon it's nearly impossible to be friend with a foid you are attracted to if you are incel.
Things are not all black or all white though.
YES most of the time we will end up getting used by the foid and be a beta orbiting cuck, it doesn't mean we can never make profit our of a platonic relationship with a foid.
It is a very sensible subject to us because we have never experienced a true relationship, so our views are biased.
Take me for exemple : I have 1 foid friend as I mentionned in a previous thread. She is 52 and chinese. The age should prevent me from being attracted to her, and yet...because of my inceldom, I would in fact accept to lose my v card with her.
My conclusions are it's hard to rationalize things for us because inceldom is driving us close to insanity.

Orbitting is essentially what causes inceldom. You have these men that obsess over females, worship them, throw away their dignity for them and in turn the females start to believe they're inherently special to be receiving such attention, that they can afford to be choosey, that they shouldn't settle if they're that much hot shit and should instead go for the chadliest chad.

So, by orbitting not only are you disrespecting yourself by reducing your entire persona to be a stepping stone for the woman you like, but you are also shitting up the social dynamics for the rest of us.

Wasted time and energy you will never get back..orbiting is chasing and chasing NEVER works..

Instead of orbiting a foid that doesn't give a shit about you do something productive..the natural order is for her to be orbiting you. If thats not tye case then its wasted time.

I have female friends but it’s far from orbiting. If you have a somewhat healthy social life your social circle will include guys and girls. Orbiting means you’re expecting feelings to develop so you’re constantly giving them the wrong attention and being a cuck. It’s different when you treat them like bros and don’t waste your time bullshitting yourself
Sky high IQ

You've clearly never experienced unrequited love. As I stated in my post, men will develop feelings for women they provide emotional comfort to. This is much more than just attraction or a desire to date. It is literally the same love you should feel for your committed girlfriend or wife. That is because it is only with your committed partner that a man should engage in those behaviors BECAUSE those behaviors cause him to bond with (read "love") a woman.

This isn't a fucking joke. A man who loves a woman is going to have to experience the same level of heart break as he would if he were in an actual relationship with her because it is entirely based on how much he loves her, not the other way around. This is why "oneitism" is a thing. This is how guys get used and manipulated for months, if not years at a time. It isn't because the women are so smart and sneaky. It is because the men are literally in love with them. Love isn't something just happens, it is biological response to a certain set of behaviors.

And if you think you can just be friends with a woman you love well more power to you. I've been there and found the experience both emasculating and degrading. Being told what a great person you are, actually being that great person to someone, for them to tell you that your worth dating or experiencing love and sex, but they don't want to experience love and sex with you is fucking brutal. Honestly, I prefer IncelTear's bullshit that I'm just an awful person who doesn't deserve sex or love, because then I along with IncelTears can pretend that who we are as people matters at all.

Been there. Seen it. Done it. Bought the T Shirt. "Never Again" I say.
Wasted time and energy you will never get back..orbiting is chasing and chasing NEVER works..

Instead of orbiting a foid that doesn't give a shit about you do something productive..the natural order is for her to be orbiting you. If thats not tye case then its wasted time.