Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting One of my favorite teen movies is bluepilled af ngl (Can’t Hardly Wait)

Play It Loud! I love MxPx. The song that album is on is my favorite album by them.
do you consider the offspring pop punk? because i don't. i think they were labeled pop punk because they're mainstream, but that doesn't make them pop punk. people often say pop is short for popular but i think thats false because that would mean that metallica is pop or alice in chains or nirvana are pop or that korn or system of a down are pop because they were mainstream. and plus there's unknown pop music too, like unsigned pop singers trying to get noticed or ones who got signed but didn't achieve fame (eg: innosense)

and there's non-mainstream pop punk music like screeching weasel, the queers, lillingtons, allister, etc. in my opinion, anything that sounds like britney spears, madonna, michael jackson, katy perry, justin bieber, etc. is pop. poppy doesn't mean mainstream, it means it has a happy catchy sound. the offspring aren't particularly poppy like blink-182 and they sound more like bad religion than bands like blink-182. the only offspring song i call pop punk is "want you bad".

do you consider the offspring pop punk? because i don't. i think they were labeled pop punk because they're mainstream, but that doesn't make them pop punk. people often say pop is short for popular but i think thats false because that would mean that metallica is pop or alice in chains or nirvana are pop or that korn or system of a down are pop because they were mainstream. and plus there's unknown pop music too, like unsigned pop singers trying to get noticed or ones who got signed but didn't achieve fame (eg: innosense)

and there's non-mainstream pop punk music like screeching weasel, the queers, lillingtons, allister, etc. in my opinion, anything that sounds like britney spears, madonna, michael jackson, katy perry, justin bieber, etc. is pop. poppy doesn't mean mainstream, it means it has a happy catchy sound. the offspring aren't particularly poppy like blink-182 and they sound more like bad religion than bands like blink-182. the only offspring song i call pop punk is "want you bad".
Depends, actually. I think songs like "Want You Bad" by The Offspring is very pop punk. Just listen to it and tell me it isn't. Other songs probably aren't. And actually pop is short for popular. That is why pop punk is kinda weird since you can't be punk and popular at the same time. I personally consider all the pop artists as pop as well but by technical definition it does mean popular is what I am saying. I loved The Lillingtons as well. Screeching Weasel. Lol I just saw at the end of your post just now you say that "Want You Bad" is also a very pop punk song. I think other bands fit into this category too like SR-71 and The Suicide Machines where they really just had one pop punk song but the rest of their discography was alternative rock. Have you heard of those bands?

Depends, actually. I think songs like "Want You Bad" by The Offspring is very pop punk. Just listen to it and tell me it isn't. Other songs probably aren't. And actually pop is short for popular. That is why pop punk is kinda weird since you can't be punk and popular at the same time. I personally consider all the pop artists as pop as well but by technical definition it does mean popular is what I am saying. I loved The Lillingtons as well. Screeching Weasel. Lol I just saw at the end of your post just now you say that "Want You Bad" is also a very pop punk song. I think other bands fit into this category too like SR-71 and The Suicide Machines where they really just had one pop punk song but the rest of their discography was alternative rock. Have you heard of those bands?
sr-71's first album was pop rock except two songs. but pop isn't short for popular. what would the backstreet boys be then? look up on wikipedia. i know people can edit wikipedia but it's sufficient.

but i don't think being mainstream prevents one from being punk. suicide machines are more ska punk to me

Any of you seen Karate Kid - Cobra Kai series?

Any of you seen Karate Kid - Cobra Kai series?
I have, I enjoyed it.
sr-71's first album was pop rock except two songs. but pop isn't short for popular. what would the backstreet boys be then? look up on wikipedia. i know people can edit wikipedia but it's sufficient.

but i don't think being mainstream prevents one from being punk. suicide machines are more ska punk to me
I thought pop was a separate genre but apparently it's short for popular and it makes sense. So basically anything on Top 40 or Billboard 200 becomes pop by definition. Backstreet Boys are a pop boyband. A popular boyband.

I have, I enjoyed it.

I thought pop was a separate genre but apparently it's short for popular and it makes sense. So basically anything on Top 40 or Billboard 200 becomes pop by definition. Backstreet Boys are a pop boyband. A popular boyband.
if backstreet boys were unknown what would they be. wikipedia clarifies the difference between pop music and popular. there's a reason why the backstreet boys are called pop but metallica aren't despite both being mainstream

if backstreet boys were unknown what would they be. wikipedia clarifies the difference between pop music and popular. there's a reason why the backstreet boys are called pop but metallica aren't despite both being mainstream
They would be a boyband still. Metallica isn't mainstream at all, it's still a niche genre that's why nobody calls it pop.

They would be a boyband still. Metallica isn't mainstream at all, it's still a niche genre that's why nobody calls it pop.
Metallica were very mainstream. The black album is 16x platinum. Also boy band isn’t an actual genre. A lot of rock bands aren’t pop but still mainstream including:

Guns N’ Roses (18x platinum)
Led Zeppelin (21x platinum I think)
Nirvana (diamond)
Creed (diamond)
Def Leppard (diamond)

You want blue pilled, watch 100 Girls.