Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious No Girls Allowed: How incels.is Operates as a Gendered Discursive Space

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Dementiacel
★★★★★

No Girls Allowed: How incels.is Operates as a Gendered Discursive Space​

Files​

ucalgary_2023_kukurudziak_sabina.pdf(783.78 KB)

Date​

2023-01-19

Authors​

Kukurudziak, Sabina

Abstract​

Incel is a short term used to reference involuntary celibates, a group once created to afford lonely people a place to exist without judgement, but now, co-opted into an ideologically motivated extremist community, existing under a misogynistic belief system (Ging 2019; Kelly and Aunspach 2020). While this community operates primarily within the online realm, their impact through discursive means has proved to be destructive, promoting a violent anti-feminist view through a multitude of open access forums. This thesis explores the content collected from the forum incels.is, utilizing a critical discourse analysis to help identify trends within the acquired data set to explore how users on this site operate as a gendered discursive online community. Disclosed themes throughout the analysis concern the topics of: (1) Gender Essentialism, (2) “Fuel” as an Idealized Masculine Emotional Response, (3) Ambiguous Discourse x Anonymity, and (4) “Saint Elliot”, an incel hero. Through a feminist lens, and informed through existing literature surrounding popular misogyny, platform affordances, and the “manosphere”, I argue that incels.is manipulates their ability to grow and influence the opinions of others, specifically in extremist fashions, by using media platforms and discursive tactics to their advantage (Gotell and Dutton 2016; Massanari 2017; Banet-Weiser 2018).

not reading 99 pages written by a foid

feminoidcel seething because she was banned :foidSoy:

No girls are allowed in our treehouse!

Made in Canada lmao, that country has no hope to recover

"Discursive"!?!

Who you callin' discursive?!

I don't have a discursive bone in my body

They literally worship Elliot themselves.
I hate faggots who worship that fakecel.

Statisticbrain com iq estimates by intended college major 1 2
Social Science 2
Social science3
Social science 4

No Girls Allowed: How incels.is Operates as a Gendered Discursive Space​

Files​

ucalgary_2023_kukurudziak_sabina.pdf(783.78 KB)

Date​

2023-01-19

Authors​

Kukurudziak, Sabina

Abstract​

Incel is a short term used to reference involuntary celibates, a group once created to afford lonely people a place to exist without judgement, but now, co-opted into an ideologically motivated extremist community, existing under a misogynistic belief system (Ging 2019; Kelly and Aunspach 2020). While this community operates primarily within the online realm, their impact through discursive means has proved to be destructive, promoting a violent anti-feminist view through a multitude of open access forums. This thesis explores the content collected from the forum incels.is, utilizing a critical discourse analysis to help identify trends within the acquired data set to explore how users on this site operate as a gendered discursive online community. Disclosed themes throughout the analysis concern the topics of: (1) Gender Essentialism, (2) “Fuel” as an Idealized Masculine Emotional Response, (3) Ambiguous Discourse x Anonymity, and (4) “Saint Elliot”, an incel hero. Through a feminist lens, and informed through existing literature surrounding popular misogyny, platform affordances, and the “manosphere”, I argue that incels.is manipulates their ability to grow and influence the opinions of others, specifically in extremist fashions, by using media platforms and discursive tactics to their advantage (Gotell and Dutton 2016; Massanari 2017; Banet-Weiser 2018).
Do you actually read the stuff you post yourself?

I recommend reading the chapter before the conclusion, lots of kek fuel

“Fuel” as an Idealized Masculine Emotional Response

Da fuq? I don't understand feminist babble

when foids enter incel forums, it becomes a tinder

It's a male only space because foids can't be incels dummy.
It's like letting cats into a space meant for disabled mice - we would just get pounced upon.

Woman bring evil simple

There's many foids among us. It's just that they don't expose themselves.

It's a male only space because foids can't be incels dummy.
It's like letting cats into a space meant for disabled mice - we would just get pounced upon.

This, also I'm not reading some essay, someone post a tldr.

Everyone who knows of Foucault knows about him being a sex pervert. If you're a leftist your favourite French philosopher likely signed the petition to lower the age of consent to 13 as well, including feminist Jean-Paul Satre. If you're willing to spout bullshit, at least be CONSISTENT

foids want the incel D and mad they cant get it buahahahaha

ok fine ill stop ingesting copium

academicels spending 99 pages circlejerking each other

Every male environment that women will enter, then destroy inside.

Foid wrote a masters thesis about us :lul:

Incels.is
demonstrates many different racist suggestions, such as identifying different races by generalized
racial stereotypes, such as Currycel, meant to identify incels of Indian heritage, Ricecel, meant to
identify incels of Asian heritage, and Blackcel, meant to identify incels of sub-Saharan African
heritage.
JFL

There's many foids among us. It's just that they don't expose themselves.
Yeah, if you check ban appeals, you'll see there was a foid who joined in 2017, she's been an infiltrator for 6 years and it's not the only one

Yeah, if you check ban appeals, you'll see there was a foid who joined in 2017, she's been an infiltrator for 6 years and it's not the only one
She talked shit about ricecels. I wish she gets raped and dicked down by a big dick ricecel