Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Never get a job where you have to proactively engage your brain

W

wastedTime

Officer
★★★
this shit kills me, ive been working as programmer for about a year and theres few related traits about it that make the job unbearable
  1. low/average pay (although this is doesnt apply to all programmers, it applies to me)
  2. engaging your brain in some shit projects is really not worth it. you have to take the initiative to often design things before you code them. what a mess. you could be instead working in a warehouse or factory where you wouldnt use your brain at all
  3. constant fear that i wont be able to do the next task im assigned. shit like this wont happen in most jobs because tasks are often straight forward (clean that, pick that, put there). in my job every task requires massive amount of mental stretching and imagination, theres lot of improvising and improvising is tiring
  4. constant feeling of guilt that im not working enough, in cases of vague tasks where you dont know much about your task and have to do lot of designing shit with your workmates before you guys realize what the task actually is going to be
making you engage your brain s like stealing limited brain essence from you. you should only engage it in your own personal projects, otherwise you will just be mentally tired after work

i was completely disciplined but work ruined me

i wanna be NEET

Nigga change for a better company with higher pay. If you're doing all that mental shit you shouldn't need to compare your job to literal warehouse work.

#3 for sure. In the worst cases, you end up in a position where you need to play it off as though you know what to do while you scour for solutions in secret.

money is the problem here

Based. Repetitive manual labor are the best jobs for incels.

1. low/average pay (although this is doesnt apply to all programmers, it applies to me)
  2. engaging your brain in some shit projects is really not worth it. you have to take the initiative to often design things before you code them. what a mess. you could be instead working in a warehouse or factory where you wouldnt use your brain at all
  3. constant fear that i wont be able to do the next task im assigned. shit like this wont happen in most jobs because tasks are often straight forward (clean that, pick that, put there). in my job every task requires massive amount of mental stretching and imagination, theres lot of improvising and improvising is tiring
  4. constant feeling of guilt that im not working enough, in cases of vague tasks where you dont know much about your task and have to do lot of designing shit with your workmates before you guys realize what the task actually is going to be
I know all this very well, very relatable. Especially the low pay thing. I thought I was the only programmer with low pay!

I know all this very well, very relatable. Especially the low pay thing. I thought I was the only programmer with low pay!
you can probably get higher pay and same applies to me but no way im getting another job, after this one im getting HUGGGE break

6HXtk53.png

:p

The programmer job market is flooded right now. The demand of 7-8 years ago has caught up and now there's a surplus of mediocre programmers, and employers can resume being demanding and selective again. Of course, everyone wants to hire a superstar but pay them the shit entrance salaries when only FANG companies should be the picky ones, since they can offer attractive salaries and employment benefits. Many employers with programmer job positions today are like fat cunts who believe they deserve chad.

I have the same symptoms as you posted being a white collar worker. Pay is not good either, companies waste so much time and money because they don't have a good system of project management.

NEET life or McJobs all the way for me.

The programmer job market is flooded right now.
Yeah, I figured. A recruiter had recently told me I was one out of well over a hundred applicants for one position in particular. There aren't even that many programming jobs in the area.
Many employers with programmer job positions today are like fat cunts who believe they deserve chad.
Yup, and that's why I'm getting a career change.

Last edited:
yea you're right though. cucked to waste your brainpower for anything other than yourself. i get that you get money out of it, but you could be doing other, easier stuff i guesss