Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR [NEET] What kind of a relationship do you have with your family and relatives?

Spite

Spite

Legend
★★★
Question for everyone, but especially fellow NEETcels who still occupy their parents' houses. Are they happy to have you live with them or do they just tolerate you because you're family? Are they okay with you not doing anything with your life atm? I've been NEET for over a year now, never had a job or even attempted to get one, no plans to apply to a university either. On top of being incel, I'm a complete loser in all other aspects of life, but they don't seem to mind or care. I spend alot of time with them and other relatives, partly because I don't have friends, but mostly so they'll all like having me around and I'm welcome to LDAR over @ their place if need be. I also get human contact which keeps me sane.

I'd say I have a complicated relationship with my family. On the one hand, they're happy that I'm scholastically successful. On the other hand, my personality actually does make me hard to be around and we strongly disagree when it comes to politics. There have been multiple instances where we have disagreed over the direction of my life with respect to decisions that are entirely my own and it certainly seems that they try to exert a greater degree of control than is appropriate.

Similar position for me except I live alone. I get on well with my parents. They also like having me over and I like going over occasionally to LDAR. It's quite good to have them around as I have no social circle.

I get along with them.

Shit.
And no, they wanted me out as soon as possible, they started bringing it up since when I was like 14. Heck even my relatives who don't even live in the country, that I only meet once every few years brought it up too.

My parents tolerate me at most. I love them very much but it’s not a cuddly relationship.

I love my brother to death. We get along well. He’s a bit of a cunt at times and I do feel like smacking him in the head on occasions but that’s just called being a brother..lol.

we fight a lot. Usually because they annoy me and I have a bad temper.

yes they tolerate me because im family. im a loser, low iq. i really shouldnt have been born had shit parenting and im just pathetic.

Are you NEET?
Thankfully not. I think I would go insane from boredom. I was effectively NEET between finishing school and starting university many years ago, and it was the most mind-numbing 4 months I can remember.

i rather rope at that point

in fact i rather rope than being a weeb

im on my laptop all day, momma doesn't like that

I'm distant from family except for great grandma, my uncle, mom, brother, aunt and her husband but that's about it tbh. Older brother hates me cause i am NEET, mom wishes i wasn't such a loser. Aunt and uncle both despise my NEET lifestyle and 0 fucks to give attitude. Grandma wishes the best for me and loves me the most next to my mom. Brother is an autistic fat fuck 38 year old who lives with me and mom. Dad's in prison. My half younger brother and sister i basically never see and they are always with my dad's ex. TBH if it wasn't for the internet i might actually be working a job and trying to better my life, but being LDAR is too addictive