Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill My personal opinion on the anime foid avi issue

Caesercel

Caesercel

Salem’s Lot Cel
★★★★★
Isn't it the idea of foid worshipping that counts?
Well we must rationalise why any rule exists in the first place. Lgbtq is a different story altogether

Mortis

Mortis

The Senator of Suffering & Minister of Misery
★★
Well we must rationalise why any rule exists in the first place. Lgbtq is a different story altogether
I guess you're right. I am kind of arguing from principle as I see it as foid worship even though it isn't necessarily exactly that. I am maybe just a bit more strict when it comes to the topic of foid worship at all. Better be safe than to be sorry.

Ahnfeltia

Ahnfeltia

★★★★
There really is no difference in practice. It's a lot like the difference between worshipping a Norse god and a Greek god.
I beg to differ. I also find your analogy inapt. A Norse god and a Greek god are both gods whereas the female form is not an actual femalo. A human is to a god what a femalo is to the female form. I think the apt version of your analogy would be comparing a god with the people he shaped in his image. Is worshipping God tantamount to worshipping man?
What the hell does all of this shit mean for avis? Well, what is it that prompts the use of certain avis? It's the love, respect, and reverence for some idealized fiction as aspects of femininity. To some people, waifus are effectively no different than pagan goddesses. It's really not unlike posting an avi of Shiva or Ganesh. In this respect, worshipping 3D holes is even worse, because they're the idealization of nothing, yet great love and respect is given.
Let me ask you this then: what is so wrong with worshipping "idealized fiction as aspects of femininity"? Just because it's conducive to 3D foid worship? Can't say I like that line of reasoning. The blackpill is conducive to depression, ergo the blackpill is bad. Same line of reasoning but I'm guessing you don't much fancy it either in this context.

B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command, Strategic Operations
★★★★★
I beg to differ. I also find your analogy inapt. A Norse god and a Greek god are both gods whereas the female form is not an actual femalo. A human is to a god what a femalo is to the female form. I think the apt version of your analogy would be comparing a god with the people he shaped in his image. Is worshipping God tantamount to worshipping man?
The point is that the worshipper is experiencing the same thing internally towards their target of worship, regardless of the nature of their target of worship.

Let me ask you this then: what is so wrong with worshipping "idealized fiction as aspects of femininity"? Just because it's conducive to 3D foid worship? Can't say I like that line of reasoning. The blackpill is conducive to depression, ergo the blackpill is bad. Same line of reasoning but I'm guessing you don't much fancy it either in this context.
I think you've understood. I'm not making a value judgement on worship. I'm merely explaining what worship is and how it functions.

The act of using and putting up an avi isn't worship in and of itself (not intrinsically worship). But to people who already worship the object of the avi, it could be considered an act of worship. Person A might use an anime avi because it looks pretty and nice to look at. Person B might use the same avi because they think the character is perfect in every way. Person A is not worshipping, but person B arguably is.

Ahnfeltia

Ahnfeltia

★★★★
The point is that the worshipper is experiencing the same thing internally towards their target of worship, regardless of the nature of their target of worship.
sure
I think you've understood. I'm not making a value judgement on worship. I'm merely explaining what worship is and how it functions.
ah ok
The act of using and putting up an avi isn't worship in and of itself (not intrinsically worship). But to people who already worship the object of the avi, it could be considered an act of worship. Person A might use an anime avi because it looks pretty and nice to look at. Person B might use the same avi because they think the character is perfect in every way. Person A is not worshipping, but person B arguably is.
Of course. I never really liked the foid avi = foid worship bandwagon anyway. I have anime girl desktop wallpapers, yet I ain't the waifu type.