Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story My parents were emotionally distant

• Thread starter war_with_myself
  • Start date
war_with_myself

war_with_myself

Overlord
★★★★★
I can count, with one hand, how many times I've been hugged or been told "I love you" by my parents, throughout my entire life. I don't think I've ever told my parents that I love them as a child. I never felt loved, even as a child.

I remember one day, when I was a sophomore in highschool, I cried to my mom that I felt I didn't fit in. I was at a student assembly, and everyone was in a good cheery mood, except for me and didn't felt like I could fit in. She rolled her eyes, in disbelief, when I told her this. She grew up in poverty so she thought my social problem was insignificant and laughable. It stung pretty hard, seeing your own mother wouldn't give you an ounce of sympathy. It was a wake up call, and I realized I was truly alone; not even my parents wanted to help me. Looking back, this was one of the early signs that I was going to socially struggle as an adult.

If I manage to have kids, I will give them all the love and guidance they need. I will end this cycle.

Are you ethnic/black? I had this same issue though it never bothered me, them being neglectful gave me more liberty to do as I pleased.

If I manage to have kids, I will give them all the love and guidance they need. I will end this cycle.
:yes:
I don't want my kids ending up like me, would be far worse than a miscarriage.

rice. i never saw my parents being affectionate with one another, so i suspect it was a dead bedroom marriage.
I always wonder how Gen X and Millenial chinks got with each other without arranged marriage. I know most of them were able to ascend through betabuxxing, but not all of them are rich.

betabuxxing
my father was a broke college student when he met my mother. i think they loved each other at first, but over time, it seems they became more distant towards one another.

Last edited:
When I deal with kids from my extended family I automatically act like my parents.
being self aware is the first step. the next step is to correct the habits which is easier said than done

My parents were pretty much useless except at giving me food. They gave me too much food when I was a kid so I was fat as well. They didn't give a fuck about anything else. They don't know how to. They just pray and do their house stuff.

My parents obviously have a dead bedroom marriage. In my 19 years of life, I never saw them kiss, hold hands, hug, or even say I love you.

My Parents, especially my mother was kind of too overprotective.

So i was missing out early on stuff kids do

Are you emotional yourself or stone cold in terms of heart and mind?