Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story My neighbor wonders why I'm single

war_with_myself

war_with_myself

Overlord
★★★★★
I sometimes help out my neighbor who is old and frail, and today she asked how can a nice man like me be single. She never seen me with friends or a gf, and thinks it's odd how can a person be alone for so long. Anyways, I half jokingly said "probably because i'm hideous":feelsEhh:, but she shushed me and told me not to talk like that. She then said personality counts the most (as expected), and then said I'll find that special someone one day. Yeah right lmao.

Maybe she is that special someone :feelsEhh:

old people don't see the world the same as we do.

Can't expect them to be blackpilled, tbh, the time she lived in was simply that much more different from the hypergamy and moral degeneracy of today; she might have legitimately thought more of "personality" due to the much lower standards of attraction back then, though she's obviously not totally delusional to your ugliness. :feelsjuice:

Swap her meds

old people don't see the world the same as we do.
It's strange because if we go by movies from their day like Taxi Driver we were already kind of established and known by most people even back then. I wonder if people just get more stupid and oblivious as they get older.

I sometimes help out my neighbor who is old and frail, and today she asked how can a nice man like me be single. She never seen me with friends or a gf, and thinks it's odd how can a person be alone for so long. Anyways, I half jokingly said "probably because i'm hideous":feelsEhh:, but she shushed me and told me not to talk like that. She then said personality counts the most (as expected), and then said I'll find that special someone one day. Yeah right lmao.
ask her for her granddaughters number

It's half hypocrisy and half reality. Hypocrisy because they only say this when they're past their prime and there's no expectation of them actually following through on their words and dating you. She more than likely friendzoned multiple "nice" guys when she was your age.

However it's reality that female standards were way lower 50 years ago, particularly if you're from a third world country. Just by having a regular job, not drinking, smoking, gambling and beating your wife you were already seen as a good man.

menopausal behavior

It's half hypocrisy and half reality. Hypocrisy because they only say this when they're past their prime and there's no expectation of them actually following through on their words and dating you. She more than likely friendzoned multiple "nice" guys when she was your age.

However it's reality that female standards were way lower 50 years ago, particularly if you're from a third world country. Just by having a regular job, not drinking, smoking, gambling and beating your wife you were already seen as a good man.