Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My life consists of escapism

IncelCatechumen

IncelCatechumen

Self-banned
-
I had a rough college experience (not academically but socially) which destroyed any modicum of "mental health" that I had. Currently I´m taking a semester off and applying to new universities to get a new start. Yet, during this period of pure opium, my life consists of waking up, playing maplestory, sleeping, and reading at least 1 book per week. My room is a mess, I have plates filled with remnants of food since 2 weeks ago resting on my bed, my floor is decorated with dirty clothes, pizza boxes, and more plates, forks, and bowls. I have a serious nicotine addiction and I´ve developed a bizarre sense of hypochondriasis since, when I wake up, my heart usually pounds really fast. In conversations around my house I usually mentioned that i´m sick or closer to death because i have undiagnosed heart problems and my mother gets mad at my comments. I´m bored and too apathetic to even kill myself, which seems like a huge hurdle for my family (that still loves me), plus, it´s always too late to kill yourself as Cioran said.

I´m 21 years old, I don´t know how to drive, cook, or work and I´m still a virgin but I don´t feel rage about it, I´m just numb with an almost zen-like indifference towards women. I´ve become almost an asexual, de-sexualized being, and I don´t have FOMO or expectations regarding having or not having sex. I´m the Nietzschean last man. Sometimes I fantasized about being stuck in a machine that serves as a simulation that makes you live inside of a video-game (in this case maplestory). Sometimes I just fantasized about being in island just by myself with books and video-games. I´ve become weirdly introspective and the idea of being a vagabond, a solitary priest, or a current day saint of the desert sounds attractive, but I don´t believe in God.

I´m not satisfied with my life yet I´m still comfortable with being a loser. I see the pictures of my irl pseudo-friends on instagram with girlfriends, going out, and having fun. i´m not resentful about it and i don´t wish to have their life neither. I just don´t care, and, as i mentioned, i don´t care enough to kill myself. I don´t goals or objectives, I don´t want to work, I don´t want to have sex, I don´t want to have a career or about looking good, and the future seems like a mere ghost.

How are you guys doing?

Last edited:
I´m going to use this post as a diary.

I haven´t shaved in 3 months. I rarely brush my teeth and shower 3 times per week maximum. Is this the nadir of my life? Meh.

i think many users here can relate to the reality you live in. here is a piece of text that you might enjoy reading, basically escapism = reality because reality is perception. incels should escapismmaxx

It is interesting, the idea of escapism, we have in effect made worlds that are more preferable, or suited to each individual, so much so that many quite literally make these aspects their new lives, yet, whenever such an event is brought up it is referred to as a bad thing, that one should go out into the “real world”, however just because something is real, that does not make it ontologically good.

One's desire for reality seems to be a maladaptive conflation of sentimentality with morality. One's preference for that which is real can be seen similarly to one's preference for a car that is old and run down, that they have had for so long, and had many memorable experiences in, over a newer car that is better in almost every way. Think now to points that negate escapism, listen to the language that is used, this almost ethereal pseudo language about reality, that it is nigh on sublime, whilst the escapist sits in front of a world that he has deemed in every way to be preferable. here it can be said, a definite assertion, that reality in and of itself is not good, to go even further than this, how can you be so sure that reality is even real?

There is a philosophical conundrum known as the brain in the vat problem, it posits that since all qualia are only relevant within our interpretations present in our minds, then how is it not possible that, we are not simply brains floating a vat, being stimulated to feel the experiences that we are experiencing right now. Normally, at least to me, this seems like somewhat of an asinine question, always leaving me questioning, “ok now what?” after it has been stated. It is a descriptive claim with no possible prescriptions, however, if one was to make a hierarchical claim about the realness of reality, the existence of the brain in a vat question completely dismantles any such hierarchy, because we cannot even say, now, for certain that “reality” is truly real, and therefore “reality” has no president over escapism.

My life consists of escapism as well, altho our lives look very different. I really gotta be grading stupid assignments instead of typing this.
In conversations around my house I usually mentioned that i´m sick or closer to death because i have undiagnosed heart problems and my mother gets mad at my comments.
I would never tell my parents how far gone I really am. Nothing positive will ever come from me doing so.
I´m not satisfied with my life yet I´m still comfortable with being a loser.
Same. I cannot possibly become satisfied with life anymore and having always been a loser, it was inevitable.
I see the pictures of my irl pseudo-friends on instagram with girlfriends, going out, and having fun. i´m not resentful about it and i don´t wish to have their life neither.
One of my friends has a gf, both of whom I regularly see. I'm not envious of them either for some reason. Then again, I've never really been the envious type.
I don´t goals or objectives, I don´t want to work, I don´t want to have sex, I don´t want to have a career, I don´t want to look good, and the future seems like a mere ghost.
I agree with all of those except not wanting to copulate. Also, it might be more accurate to say that I no longer care about looking good.
shower 3 times per week maximum
Bro 3 times per week is still often

i think many users here can relate to the reality you live in. here is a piece of text that you might enjoy reading, basically escapism = reality because reality is perception. incels should escapismmaxx

It is interesting, the idea of escapism, we have in effect made worlds that are more preferable, or suited to each individual, so much so that many quite literally make these aspects their new lives, yet, whenever such an event is brought up it is referred to as a bad thing, that one should go out into the “real world”, however just because something is real, that does not make it ontologically good.

One's desire for reality seems to be a maladaptive conflation of sentimentality with morality. One's preference for that which is real can be seen similarly to one's preference for a car that is old and run down, that they have had for so long, and had many memorable experiences in, over a newer car that is better in almost every way. Think now to points that negate escapism, listen to the language that is used, this almost ethereal pseudo language about reality, that it is nigh on sublime, whilst the escapist sits in front of a world that he has deemed in every way to be preferable. here it can be said, a definite assertion, that reality in and of itself is not good, to go even further than this, how can you be so sure that reality is even real?

There is a philosophical conundrum known as the brain in the vat problem, it posits that since all qualia are only relevant within our interpretations present in our minds, then how is it not possible that, we are not simply brains floating a vat, being stimulated to feel the experiences that we are experiencing right now. Normally, at least to me, this seems like somewhat of an asinine question, always leaving me questioning, “ok now what?” after it has been stated. It is a descriptive claim with no possible prescriptions, however, if one was to make a hierarchical claim about the realness of reality, the existence of the brain in a vat question completely dismantles any such hierarchy, because we cannot even say, now, for certain that “reality” is truly real, and therefore “reality” has no president over escapism.
While all of this is true on a very abstract philosophical level, ultimately escapism will always be a sojourn. Every daydream, anime, series, movie, video game, book, etc. must end eventually with reality patiently awaiting your reluctant return. Most of us have ineluctable responsibilities in reality as well -- e.g., procuring food, paying bills, wageslaving, etc. Escapism will unfortunately forevermore remain a temporary sanctum. That being said, I do agree that escapismmaxxing insofar possible is a good strategy for us incels.
however just because something is real, that does not make it ontologically good.
In fact, it's often quite the opposite in my experience

While all of this is true on a very abstract philosophical level, ultimately escapism will always be a sojourn. Every daydream, anime, series, movie, video game, book, etc. must end eventually with reality patiently awaiting your reluctant return. Most of us have ineluctable responsibilities in reality as well -- e.g., procuring food, paying bills, wageslaving, etc. Escapism will unfortunately forevermore remain a temporary sanctum. That being said, I do agree that escapismmaxxing insofar possible is a good strategy for us incels.

In fact, it's often quite the opposite in my experience
yeah i agree with you completely, i'm waiting for the day that technology advances to a point where we can plug our brains into a machine and live in any reality we want, the ultimate escapism that is indistinguishable from reality, that's what i'm hoping for.

https://incels.is/threads/we-will-be-saved-in-2036.420224/

"By the 2030s, advancing technology will enable the understanding of the workings of the human brain to such a degree that it will be possible to upload someone’s neural structure onto a computer or into a robotic body.

Kurzweil hopes to live this long, so he can upload himself to a computer and thus, in his view, live forever.

Kurzweil’s predictions founded what’s called ‘the transhumanist movement’. According to Kurzweil, 2045 will ring in the singularity. Computing power will be so great that it will be impossible for ordinary humans (not augmented by technology) to keep up, and augmentation will be so common that the line between human and machine will be blurred."
Screenshot 2022 10 29 155242

"By the 2030s, advancing technology will enable the understanding of the workings of the human brain to such a degree that it will be possible to upload someone’s neural structure onto a computer or into a robotic body.

Kurzweil hopes to live this long, so he can upload himself to a computer and thus, in his view, live forever.

Kurzweil’s predictions founded what’s called ‘the transhumanist movement’. According to Kurzweil, 2045 will ring in the singularity. Computing power will be so great that it will be impossible for ordinary humans (not augmented by technology) to keep up, and augmentation will be so common that the line between human and machine will be blurred."
I fail to see how this is salvation. Sounds like further damnation to me. So what if my conscious were to get digitized? What would that by itself change? You really think (((they))) would let all the capacity you will have acquired go to waste by letting you simulate elaborate daydreams ad infinitum?

Regarding this Kurzweil, his proclamations sound dystopic to my ears. Living forever is tantamount to sempiternal ennui. Needing augmentations to keep up also sounds suspect. Right now we enjoy the guarantee that hardly anyone can mess directly with your wetware (discounting clandestine indoctrination). But who will guarentee such a thing once the brain is sufficiently understood? I wouldn't put it past (((them))) to surreptitiously modify us in whatever ways they see fit.

I don´t think we can make an ethical claim on the basis of Descartes´ evil demon or Putnam´s brain in a vat issue, the scale of skepticism in this case is epistemological but not ethical or political. Schopenhauer, for instance, proposes an ethical system based on escapism, an escape from Will through asceticism, Art, or doing good deeds, but I don´t think that they way I engage with life in my current stage involves some ethical commitment towards escapism but rather mere indifference, one that is self-destructive to my physical and mental well-being. Apathy is unethical since it denies the precondition of any ethical-normative system, i.e., the dialogical nature of human beings.

I fail to see how this is salvation. Sounds like further damnation to me. So what if my conscious were to get digitized? What would that by itself change? You really think (((they))) would let all the capacity you will have acquired go to waste by letting you simulate elaborate daydreams ad infinitum?

Regarding this Kurzweil, his proclamations sound dystopic to my ears. Living forever is tantamount to sempiternal ennui. Needing augmentations to keep up also sounds suspect. Right now we enjoy the guarantee that hardly anyone can mess directly with your wetware (discounting clandestine indoctrination). But who will guarentee such a thing once the brain is sufficiently understood? I wouldn't put it past (((them))) to surreptitiously modify us in whatever ways they see fit.

Mortality is what defines our goals and programs as human beings, without it there is no "temporal preference". I agree with your idea that this sounds rather dystopic.

Don't forget to play OniiKiss

That´s a level of self-degradation that I´m not willing to indulge on.
Save my post in cold storage, and then read it again after a few more years of your escapist lifestyle.

I still want to have sex and be successful.

same i'm dogdecel i just cope and pretend all my problems exist and i distract myself from em via vidya and animecope

yeah i agree with you completely, i'm waiting for the day that technology advances to a point where we can plug our brains into a machine and live in any reality we want, the ultimate escapism that is indistinguishable from reality, that's what i'm hoping for.

https://incels.is/threads/we-will-be-saved-in-2036.420224/

View attachment 669734
A nice cope , i think swotd Art online besides Being 9 -10 years old Made a good Point About virtual hypersimulated reality. You where litteraly living in a Fantasy world while laying in your bed an Had food receptors , feel , Touch litteraly everythibg you want . And you could Excel regardless because you will always progress in an RPG Game.

Its the ultimate Male Fantasy to Look good and gain immense Power .