Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel My job is getting worse

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
★★★★
I've been at this welding job for almost a year now. I started off fitting at 1st until I was able to do a G1 CWB Test. I then moved to the welding position. It pays less but I want the experience as I plan to get into more advanced welding jobs that go above the fitter pay. Recently a night shift was added and nobody fits anything on that shift. I'll come in to work and there will be nothing to weld, so I get temporarily moved to the fitter spots until theres enough welding work. Finish fitting at the end of the day and there's a decent amount of weld work pilled up for the next day. Night shift comes and shit repeats.

Now the place is hiring more welders for day shift. I haven't even been able to move back yet. To make it even worse, one of the new hires is a foid and is positioned fucking next to me. I got into the trades to avoid foids in the fucking work place. Now I fucking work next to one. On top of that, she's doing exactly what I should be doing.

I also have been told numerous times that they'll get me tested for my G2 CWB. But each time CWB shows up, im not given the test. I'm about to say fuck this place and put my two weeks in. Either I do that or swap over to the fitter position and make more money to put towards the schooling I'll need for the more advanced welding trade I plan on getting into.

Fuck this job. Used to like it when I was able to fucking weld. Now all I do is put shit together for the welders.

(For those that don't know, CWB is the Canadian Welding Bureau. G1 is flat grove weld. G2 is horizontal grove weld)

Why aren't they letting you take it? Brutal as fuck, shafted like always, I always thought welding was a decent-paying trades job for the work you get. :feelsohgod:

Why aren't they letting you take it? Brutal as fuck, shafted like always, I always thought welding was a decent-paying trades job for the work you get. :feelsohgod:
It is, currently making $23.50hr CAD

It's getting fucking worse!:feelsohgod::feelsree:
The fucking foid that works next to me that was hired about a week or two ago os already practicing for her fucking g2. If I had to guess it's because there's no fucking weld work and all the welders are stuck sweeping. So instead of sweeping, she gets to practice for her g2.

I should have fucking acted retarded and said I couldn't fit. Maybe then I too would have gotten my g2 by now. But no, I'm being fucking punished for being able to fucking put shit together. This is fucking bullshit. If I'm still not welding by the end of next month, I'm going to put my two weeks in. Fuck this shit. I don't mind fitting, but I want to fucking weld too. That's the field I'm going into. My employers know that because they ask me time and time again to be a fitter. I'm not dealing with this shit anymore. If I can't do what I came here for I'll fucking weld somewhere else. Fuck this place and their foid worship bullshit. They can kiss my fucking ass

The fucking foid that works next to me that was hired about a week or two ago os already practicing for her fucking g2. If I had to guess it's because there's no fucking weld work and all the welders are stuck sweeping. So instead of sweeping, she gets to practice for her g2.

I should have fucking acted retarded and said I couldn't fit. Maybe then I too would have gotten my g2 by now. But no, I'm being fucking punished for being able to fucking put shit together. This is fucking bullshit. If I'm still not welding by the end of next month, I'm going to put my two weeks in. Fuck this shit. I don't mind fitting, but I want to fucking weld too. That's the field I'm going into. My employers know that because they ask me time and time again to be a fitter. I'm not dealing with this shit anymore. If I can't do what I came here for I'll fucking weld somewhere else. Fuck this place and their foid worship bullshit. They can kiss my fucking ass
What is a fitter?

Seeing as they've benched you from getting your g2 apply elsewhere unless your current workplace has given given a written guarantee they'll help you gain your g2, don't be a glorified sweeper whilst others are getting ahead of you at the workplace at your expense. I'm going through a bit of a rough patch but I've been promised an interview which'll lead to employment.