Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My ISP sucks

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
I had no internet all weekend because our barely 3-month old modem decided to crap out and stop working. :feelsUgh: Only got the new modem working again about 15 minutes ago.

Fuckin' bullshit has me pissed. I had to waste time and fuel today driving to campus to get internet connection to do my homework, even though I don't have any classes today, and therefore, didn't need to be on campus. :feelsUgh:

And of course, no internet means no copes: no incel forum, no youtube, no nothing. Except watching episodes of Jackie Chan Adventures on blu-ray. But I hate using my blu-ray drive, it sucks ass. :feelsUgh: It's rough being incel and being cut off from your copes. And I'm currently on a THC cleanse, too, so I can pass some drug tests in the spring when I apply for jobs in my new field, so I couldn't even cope with getting high. :feelsUgh: Only alcohol. I've had a constant hangover all weekend. Life is fucking great.

And now clicking the "Post thread" button isn't working, either. Lovely. :feelsUgh::feelsUgh:

Addendum: Oh wait. I just realized the reason the button isn't working is because the service on the new modem just went out. I'm clicking the button again now that I got it working again before I lose my connection again. Wtf is going on with this stupid modem from this stupid, shitty ISP? :feelsUgh::feelsUgh::feelsUgh:

I also had a trash ISP back when I was living with my parents. My ping would periodically jump to 1000ms, making it impossible to play online games with my friends (it was my only way of socializing when I was a teenager).

Brutal isppill

I also had a trash ISP back when I was living with my parents. My ping would periodically jump to 1000ms, making it impossible to play online games with my friends (it was my only way of socializing when I was a teenager).
I'm going to admit to not knowing much about ping, only that it has something to do with connection speeds, or something. And packets. At least you had friends when you were a teenager, though. I imagine it must have been a halfway decent cope, at least.

I really do need to move out and get a better internet service. I can't graduate soon enough.

Brutal isppill
Indeed. :blackpill: Fuck my ISP!

I have Frontier and they suck ass

What country are you in?? ISPs are generally shite all over the world but I don't think there is a place on earth with shittier, more overpriced internet than cuckada.

I'm your neighbor, US, midwest.
Ahh yeah. The problem is that ISPs in North America are usually regional monopolies/oligopolies and thus have no reason to lower prices or improve service

Ahh yeah. The problem is that ISPs in North America are usually regional monopolies/oligopolies and thus have no reason to lower prices or improve service
Yeah, so I've learned. :feelsUgh: It's fucked up that this shit is allowed to happen.

I wish I could rip people off, make money off them, and get away with it. Must be cool. :feelsjuice:

Internet always would go out and had to keep calling someone out to fix it
My old modem used to have outages all the time, but it was temporarily, usually no longer than 5 minutes, before restoring itself to working order. But it would happen at least 10 times a day. It gets even more annoying since I have to work from home over a VPN. And then the newer one that just went kaput for no apparent reason over the weekend had to get replaced, too, so I don't have high hopes for this next one. :feelsUgh: