Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious My grandmother, aunt and uncle all died in the same house over this last year and I'm desensitised to it due to Inceldom

crew2

crew2

Captain
★★★★
My Aunt, Grandmother and Uncle all lived in the same house facing my parents. They have all died over the course of this last year months apart from each other. My uncle just this last weekend. When I was a kid I was very close to them and my Aunt was like a second mother to me. Her son committed suicide when I was little so she always tried to listen to my problems because of that.

Worst thing is the only way I've been able to truly deal with my Inceldom over the years is isolate myself from everyone and block out any feelings about it as much as I can. The problem is when you do this for some feelings you end up inadvertently doing it for all of them. So I ended up being desensitised to the deaths of 3 people that I should have cared about more than anything else in the world.

Now I realise I'm never going to be able to mourn their deaths again in the way that I should be able to. This is one of the consequences of just "getting on with it" or "manning up".

mourn rn bro

That sucks. :feelsbadman: I hope you've managed to grieve that loss by now or you feel better.

I've grown desensitized to the point where I can't be happy and thus I can't appreciate anyone's company so I don't miss them when they die, but I've been like this for a long time so maybe I'm just messed up in general, not as a result of my inceldom.