Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My experience with schizophrenia symptoms.

Hikikomori

Hikikomori

Schizophrenia & OCD
-
Everyone is considered a threat, regardless of their intent. Physical contact is considered a plot to manipulate and control my mind, or poison/contaminate me. Eye contact means they're reading my thoughts so they can use them against me. Anyone attempting to talk to me, is considered to be data mining. If anyone laughs, I believe they're making fun of me. I also have delusions that hidden devices are recording my thoughts.

I also have auditory hallucinations, or internal voices. They make constant suggestions that i'm being watched, or that i'm about to be attacked. They make these suggestions rapidly. It's like listening to multiple radio stations at once.

Then there's the neurological dysfunction, the disorganized thinking, the catatonic moments where the brain functions freeze. My mind is constantly going through variables, like a computer scanning itself endlessly, looking for errors.

I also become detached from the external world a lot, pacing back and forth having arguments with entities that aren't there.

I'm under the care of a psychiatrist, and the medications help a little bit, but it's still hell to live with.

Man, How old are you? Do you have someone to help you? Is schizophrenia actually manageable? Do you have betabux or something like that?

Everyone is considered a threat, regardless of their intent. Physical contact is considered a plot to manipulate and control my mind, or poison/contaminate me. Eye contact means they're reading my thoughts so they can use them against me. Anyone attempting to talk to me, is considered to be data mining. If anyone laughs, I believe they're making fun of me. I also have delusions that hidden devices are recording my thoughts.

I also have auditory hallucinations, or internal voices. They make constant suggestions that i'm being watched, or that i'm about to be attacked. They make these suggestions rapidly. It's like listening to multiple radio stations at once.

Then there's the neurological dysfunction, the disorganized thinking, the catatonic moments where the brain functions freeze. My mind is constantly going through variables, like a computer scanning itself endlessly, looking for errors.

I also become detached from the external world a lot, pacing back and forth having arguments with entities that aren't there.

I'm under the care of a psychiatrist, and the medications help a little bit, but it's still hell to live with.

Damn. I feel for you dude.

Losing my mind is one of my greatest fears. I hope things work out for you.

Sorry to hear, OP.

Man, How old are you? Do you have someone to help you? Is schizophrenia actually manageable? Do you have betabux or something like that?
Fortunately my family watches after me, i'm almost 31. No betabux, I was rejected for disability believe it or not.

It can only be managed with medication.

I am 23 and just started taking pills (SSRI + sleeping pills). Do you work or smthg? I cannot believe how you managed to deal with schizophrenia. Life is such a bitch....

That sounds awful mate

I am 23 and just started taking pills (SSRI + sleeping pills). Do you work or smthg? I cannot believe how you managed to deal with schizophrenia. Life is such a bitch....
I'm unemployed but I do weekly lawncare and cleaning for family, they pay me for it.

I see you take meds too, hopefully they can help a little bit. A lot of guys are suffering as a result of current conditions in our society. In fact I think high anxiety and depression are a natural response to it, we were not designed to live in a post feminism clown world like this.

I dunno man what happened with me. Wheter it is society itself or feminism as you said, the world is fucking awful. Take care; mental health is no joke. This world is fucking shit.......

Cope chad never gets mentally ill.

i feel sad for you. I had mild symptoms for some time in my youth and when i got stressed was when they came up. not a problem however for the past few years. i really do hope you get the proper help. losing your mind is tough, i lost it for a few months once.