Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story my Chad brother is getting married and asked me to be his best man

Darth_Aurelius

Darth_Aurelius

Captain, Incel Protection Force
★★★
I hate weddings. In fact, I hate any sort of social gathering which entails and often necessitates the frivolous sort of banter which normies seem so favorably disposed to engage in with alacrity. I can’t do small talk and I hate the fact that most people in my very large extended family consider me to be socially awkward, which I am, as it begets even greater awkwardness, especially at large events where one is expected to conform to certain normative behavioral standards, e.g., being funny, relaxed, talkative and generally outgoing.

Unlike me, my brother is a gregarious, personable and an extremely sociable Chad who only has only a vague conception of my own sexual poverty and immiserating social isolation. While we have a good relationship that is based on our common love for pc gaming, firearms, drinking and movies and while I don’t feel as though I can honorably refuse his request, I know it is going to cause me immeasurable anxiety, trepidation and disconsolation just contemplating having to be at the epicenter of a massive social event. My own introverted and reticent qualities will be hugely amplified and exacerbated by virtue of being surrounded by a gaggle of outgoing and personable people including my younger uber-Stacy sister and her flock of cuntish foid friends who will likewise be an integral part of this event. As of now my plan is to do a couple lines of coke before I show up to the wedding (which I can get from my sister) or just get shitfaced retarded drunk to the point that I’m either oblivious to what I’m doing or just don’t give a fuck. I welcome suggestions.

If it was me in your place, i would refuse

Can't you just go to the wedding and act like a normal person? Isn't that an option?

Can't you just go to the wedding and act like a normal person? Isn't that an option?
I can't as I don't have the ability to naturally socialize with people in that type of setting and while I typically just go wander off and talk with one or two people who I know are similarly situated to myself at such family events, if I'm the best man then I will be expected to be at the very center of the wedding and have no recourse to escape and find refuge or solace.

If it was me in your place, i would refuse
I know my brother wouldn't understand why and I would have to go to great lengths explaining my rationale to him. My parents would likewise probably not understand and possibly hold it against me that I wasn't being "supportive" of my brother.

Do the right thing and GO support your brothER ON HIS WEDDING DAY

:incel: "Hey bro" :incel:

:chad: "Yeah bro" :chad:

:incel: "You love me, right?" :incel:

:chad:"Yeah, of course" :chad:

:incel:"Then let your bro fuck on your wife, just once - we're family" :incel:

Do the right thing and GO support your brothER ON HIS WEDDING DAY
I'm leaning towards that possibility, though I can't do this while sober as it will be too torturous an experience, especially while surrounded by so many sociable and talkative people whose natural affinity for conversation I despise and envy.

:incel: "Hey bro" :incel:

:chad: "Yeah bro" :chad:

:incel: "You love me, right?" :incel:

:chad:"Yeah, of course" :chad:

:incel:"Then let your bro fuck on your wife, just once - we're family" :incel:
lmfao man
His future wife is very low-tier Becky though at best and her face is almost femcel level, especially when she doesn't wear make-up, which is really perverse since my brother routinely has Stacy's approaching him in the gym and has dated more of them then I care to remember in years past

I'm leaning towards that possibility, though I can't do this while sober as it will be too torturous an experience, especially while surrounded by so many sociable and talkative people whose natural affinity for conversation I despise and envy.
Lol you need to read between the lines of my comment brocel :feelshaha:

Lol you need to read between the lines of my comment brocel :feelshaha:
LOL thanks for that not so subtle cue. My quasi-autism prevents me from picking up on those hints but yeah man, that is a much better piece of advice then what I had originally taken it as.

I refused to enter with my sister on her 15th birthday (this is an event with some relevance in Brazil), so you could refuse to go to your brother's wedding. You don't need to subject yourself to something that will only cause you mental harm. Eventually I think your brother will understand.

Think about all those couples and people hooking up you'll have to witness, even the old folks will be with their partners. Weddings are brutal for incels.

I refused to enter with my sister on her 15th birthday (this is an event with some relevance in Brazil), so you could refuse to go to your brother's wedding. You don't need to subject yourself to something that will only cause you mental harm. Eventually I think your brother will understand.
I appreciate the insights brother, though I'm not sure how good or close of a relationship you have or had with your sister and am likewise not sure what your justification to her was for not being in attendance. I think I have a very good reason for not attending a wedding but that might just be my own subjective bias contaminating my ability to have an otherwise objective perspective.

Think about all those couples and people hooking up you'll have to witness, even the old folks will be with their partners. Weddings are brutal for incels.
Yeah preach on brother. I have many, many hot young foid cousins, more than a few of whom are promiscuous whores in the type of social setting which one finds oneself in a wedding so I will invariably be subjected to observing them make out with their chad bf's while I am compelled to wallow in loneliness. I shall have to console myself by imagining the joy I would obtain by seeing them each slowly tortured for my entertainment and as vindication of their insolent public displays.

Yeah preach on brother. I have many, many hot young foid cousins, more than a few of whom are promiscuous whores in the type of social setting which one finds oneself in a wedding so I will invariably be subjected to observing them make out with their chad bf's while I am compelled to wallow in loneliness. I shall have to console myself by imagining the joy I would obtain by seeing them each slowly tortured for my entertainment and as vindication of their insolent public displays.
Will you have a hotel room? Last wedding I went to was my foid cousins and I kept flicking back and forth between my hotel room and the party downstairs. There's only so much you can do at a party when you can't truly join the party, so many people hooked up that night whilst I watched some bear grylls show in my room and fapped myself to sleep.

Will you have a hotel room? Last wedding I went to was my foid cousins and I kept flicking back and forth between my hotel room and the party downstairs. There's only so much you can do at a party when you can't truly join the party, so many people hooked up that night whilst I watched some bear grylls show in my room and fapped myself to sleep.
No man, unfortunately the wedding is going to be close enough to my parents house so they will expect me to stay with them the night of the reception. I will tell you honestly that while the debauchery and degeneracy which I know I will witness there is disgusting and offensive to me, the thing that causes me much greater anxiety and concern is having to sit there at the table of honor or whatever the fuck they call it with the bridal party and look so conspicuously out of place as everyone around me is fraternizing, socializing and having a great time as normies tend to do when they get together in large herds. That is why I thought that if I'm incredibly drunk or high on cocaine then I will be entirely indifferent to what is going on and how people may perceive me. It would also help me when I deliver the best man speech which I'm also not looking forward to having to do. At least if I'm drunk and/or high, nobody can hold it against me if I sound like an idiot. I usually just wander around in the public places of hotels or conference centers during weddings or find one of my very few other male cousins who happens to abhor frivolous socializing as much as I do and hang out with him, but being best man entails being at the epicenter of all the socialization, revelry and public debauchery.

I will give you a modified instruction from Rabbi Jesus, which I myself follow: "Treat people as they treat you»
Would your brother subject himself to this kind of torture to please you? If so, go ahead; good relationships are expensive these days.

It's your life. Don't be forced to do something you don't want to do.

I will give you a modified instruction from Rabbi Jesus, which I myself follow: "Treat people as they treat you»
Would your brother subject himself to this kind of torture to please you? If so, go ahead; good relationships are expensive these days.
Well said brother, although these days and in this morally perverse culture of ours, there is no more abiding sense of reciprocity and the proverbial golden rule does not obtain for incels. We are beyond the pale of civilized society and hence, normies such as my chad brother are incapable of ever commiserating with our own subjectively constructed plight. That being said, I often ponder a similar paradigm whereby I ask myself who has greater rights, he who expects one to do something merely for the sake of social convention or he for whom the doing of that thing in question would be truly immiserating and torturous?

It's your life. Don't be forced to do something you don't want to do.
I agree, I'm really just concerned about how this would impact my parents who are both now elderly and very likely incapable of understanding the sociological and psychological dynamics which weigh so heavily on my mind. The boomer generation is entirely oblivious to inceldom since they ascended in an age before the concept of male honor had ben completely eviscerated and the ability of a man to obtain women through virtue rendered anachronistic.

I hate weddings. In fact, I hate any sort of social gathering which entails and often necessitates the frivolous sort of banter which normies seem so favorably disposed to engage in with alacrity. I can’t do small talk and I hate the fact that most people in my very large extended family consider me to be socially awkward, which I am, as it begets even greater awkwardness, especially at large events where one is expected to conform to certain normative behavioral standards, e.g., being funny, relaxed, talkative and generally outgoing.

Unlike me, my brother is a gregarious, personable and an extremely sociable Chad who only has only a vague conception of my own sexual poverty and immiserating social isolation. While we have a good relationship that is based on our common love for pc gaming, firearms, drinking and movies and while I don’t feel as though I can honorably refuse his request, I know it is going to cause me immeasurable anxiety, trepidation and disconsolation just contemplating having to be at the epicenter of a massive social event. My own introverted and reticent qualities will be hugely amplified and exacerbated by virtue of being surrounded by a gaggle of outgoing and personable people including my younger uber-Stacy sister and her flock of cuntish foid friends who will likewise be an integral part of this event. As of now my plan is to do a couple lines of coke before I show up to the wedding (which I can get from my sister) or just get shitfaced retarded drunk to the point that I’m either oblivious to what I’m doing or just don’t give a fuck. I welcome suggestions.
just go nigga, if he really is a chad he could have asked a lot of other people but he chose you and it's 1 fucking day only, man up

just go nigga, if he really is a chad he could have asked a lot of other people but he chose you and it's 1 fucking day only, man up
I actually told him that I would be the worst best man he could possibly select given the strong field of competition amongst his herd of fellow chads who are all just as personable and outgoing as he is.

I actually told him that I would be the worst best man he could possibly select given the strong field of competition amongst his herd of fellow chads who are all just as personable and outgoing as he is.
and he still wants you to be the best man i assume? man up and accept, at worst you're gonna pass the day talking to your parents and that's it, being a permavirgin doesnt mean you have to be an asshole to your family

don't go to the wedding

and he still wants you to be the best man i assume? man up and accept, at worst you're gonna pass the day talking to your parents and that's it, being a permavirgin doesnt mean you have to be an asshole to your family

Well I appreciate the advice and insights brocel but honestly, and as I've stated elsewhere above, this really comes down to his desire to conform to normative societal expectations as they govern wedding conventions superseding my need to avoid an extremely unpleasant, disconcerting and psychologically exacerbating scenario. Inceldom is a product of a plethora of different sociopsychological conditions, many of which are concurrent, but for me it has always stemmed from my constitutional inability to engage in the frivolities of banal social discourse, known to normies as small talk. This impediment makes weddings horrifying events that only serve to enhance my sense of disenfranchisement and as such, amplify my rage.