Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Moviecels, I need your help findind a military movie from years ago that is just timeless, can't remember the name.

• Thread starter SlutLiberationFront
  • Start date
SlutLiberationFront

SlutLiberationFront

꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅꧅
★★★★★
It's an 80s movie if I'm not mistaken, about the war in middle east. The entire movie is from the perspective of a tank crew wandering in the desert. At some point, some soldiers are killed, the main character is betrayed (I think) he somehow sides with the enemies by reciting Quran's passages and rules, and even helps them fixing an RPG that was broken, thus getting their trust. I don't remember well but I think that at the end he ends up battling the ones who left him behind to die at the hands of the enemies.

This is all I can remember from the movie and I really would like to watch it again, it is a timeless piece and very personal. I would e glad if anyone here knows which movie it is so I can finally be in peace watching it again after so many years.

Last edited:
its a movie about soviet invasion in Afghanistan right? not exactly middle east then. its called the Beast

:feelsthink::feelsthink::feelsthink:
I thought it was exactly in Afghanistan but I was not 100% sure. But yes, it is THIS movie. Thanks dude, you are a hero. I was not expecting it be answered this fast.
Thank you man, I will rewatch this masterpiece after so many years apart. :heart:

lol its a soviet crew. And I was wondering why would jewllywood ever make an anti-america movie
The flaw is that it is about a Russian invasion but everyone speaks English. :feelsrope:
Movies should be more loyal to what they are trying to portray. It baffles me that every movie is like this, they all are speaking english or whatever language the country producing the movie is from, instead of the supposed language they should be speaking when it is about a foreign territory.
Just like the prequel of The Thing from 2011. In the original movie, it all starts with a full Norwegian crew, yet in the remake everyone is speaking American English.
Movies are sometimes SO fucking disappointing. What would be the difficulty of getting native Norwegians to play the roles and just subtitle the movie to make it as loyal as possible to the narrative? Fucking hell man.

too difficult :worryfeels:

to make movies the first priority is awlays to make money :feelsdevil:

since US is the biggest market, it makes way more sense to market movies with US actors/actresses and in english language

not many american are interested in norwegian movies, russian movies, chinse movies... heck, most americans arent interested in other anglo countries either.

there's a reason "friends" and "office" are the popular shows on netflix for americans. cultural background matters.
Could still be an American movie with people that speak the language of the characters they are playing, or just native people that immigrated. They have done it before. Inglorious Bastards was excellent due to the loyalty they had for their characters, speaking the languages they were supposed to in several occasions. They fucking nailed it flawlessly. If only more movies would correctly portray the characters like that...

inglorious basterds was trash :fuk: the plot is a joke.

imagine having virtually no security in a movie theater when hitler visits :feelstastyman:

tarantino's movies are equivalent to fast food. pretty trashy. but some can be entertaining. like that slavery movie where they kept saying nigger :feelshaha:
I'm talking about the loyalty they had to the characters and their language, which is fundamental for full immersion, not the plot or anything, I am talking about keeping it loyal to what you are portraying.
Why would Russians speak English? Why would an all-Norwegina team speak English? Get it? That's why I think the movie was great, the actors spoke the exact languages they were supposed to according to their nationality, thus keeping a very high level of loyalty to the image/nationality represented by the characters, which makes... full sense. Get it?

And I was wondering why would jewllywood ever make an anti-america movie
There are lots of anti american hollywood movies. But they usually disguise themselves as anti "world problems" but it's really just a bunch of shit the US deals with

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back