Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope [Movie Review] The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
The Tale of Princess Kaguya is an animated feature by the famed Japanese house, Studio Ghibli. Its based on the japanese folktale of Kaguya of the Moon. Wherein a farmer, by fortune, comes across an heavenly princes baby and raises her

The folktale itself is a short one and so the movie is not plot heavy. Much like the Disney movies of 60s, like Jungle Book, the plot only serves as an excuse to move from one artistic setpiece and character based emotional hook to the next.

Speaking of visual art, the movie has a deliberate "colored sketch" artstyle making every frame look like a drawing piece. Rendering it a easy to look at but Still poignant. Its how they mix animation with that style where it shines

[UWSL]As a twist of sort ,it follows the POV of the mythical princess, who remains a mute plot object in the original tale, instead of her adoptive dad. It has certain emotional beats, which may have worked on many , but didn't on me. But don't take my word, I'm a dead emotionless husk at this point. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]Final word, If you in mood for an animated movie with a mostly positive and feel good visual/musical atmosphere, check this one out. [/UWSL]

Caesercel

It's a beautiful film but my favourite film of all time is Spirited Away

studio ghibli movies are always comfy:feelsautistic:

The Tale of Princess Kaguya is an animated feature by the famed Japanese house, Studio Ghibli. Its based on the japanese folktale of Kaguya of the Moon. Wherein a farmer, by fortune, comes across an heavenly princes baby and raises her

The folktale itself is a short one and so the movie is not plot heavy. Much like the Disney movies of 60s, like Jungle Book, the plot only serves as an excuse to move from one artistic setpiece and character based emotional hook to the next.

Speaking of visual art, the movie has a deliberate "colored sketch" artstyle making every frame look like a drawing piece. Rendering it a easy to look at but Still poignant. Its how they mix animation with that style where it shines

[UWSL]As a twist of sort ,it follows the POV of the mythical princess, who remains a mute plot object in the original tale, instead of her adoptive dad. It has certain emotional beats, which may have worked on many , but didn't on me. But don't take my word, I'm a dead emotionless husk at this point. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]Final word, If you in mood for an animated movie with a mostly positive and feel good visual/musical atmosphere, check this one out. [/UWSL]
Gay