Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media [MOVIE REVIEW] LONE SURVIVOR [MOVIE REVIEW]

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★

Based on a true story, Lone Survivor follows 4 American special ops soldiers on a mission to assasinate a high profile target in the Taliban infested highlands of Afganistan.

It was an overall ok movie . Acting was fine, effects were ok. The movie has a good depiction of physical and mental stress soldiers go through in a close quartered gunfight, especially when they are outnumbered.

The movie is fundamentally "American" in its sense of ethics i.e. its told from the perspective of those soldiers. They are the patriotic good guys here fighting the evil Taliban. But it doesn't dwell on the politics of war. Its about the soldiers and what they went through(again this happened irl).

The ambush scene was interesting to me. You may have to suspend your disbelief over 4 soldiers dropping so many Afgans. But its miraculous how even a single soldier managed to survive that ghastly situation.

The movie goes downhill after that imo.

[UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]

Decent flick

Think I preferred tears of the Sun more though.

I saw it when it came out, it's actually pretty good, i would give it like a 7.5-8/10