Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Most incels are stuck at layer 4 in the theory of 12 layers of personality by Brazilian philosopher Olavo de Carvalho

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeOz-jjSSPQ

(I know, it's in Portuguese, but posting anyway for the lusophone bros to watch).

Basically, humans go through different developmental stages since birth, which are schematized and explained by this theory. To reach a stage, you must have reached all other stages prior to this new one. To sum it up:

Layer 1= the body is all that exists (newborn level)
Layer 2= interest goes outside the body, but other beings are indiscernible from objects, or from self for that matter (infant level)
Layer 3= the circle of social interactions opens itself to the person; everything becomes like a game to the person (child level)
Layer 4 = the world of one's emotions, historically consolidated; things begin to considered in terms of time and being about feelings; life is basically pursuing happiness and avoiding pain (teenager level)

I won't elab much on levels 5 and above here because otherwise this thread would become superlong, but basically 5 is reaching adulthood, 8 is reaching full adult maturity and 9 and beyond are becoming someone distinguished so to speak (9 is the intellectual life for instance).

Everything fell into place for me after watching that lecture. The fixation so many people here (me included; I'm also a layer 4 myself) have on "teen love", the running from pain and pursue of pleasure (copes)/happiness (dreams of love, a teen Chad life), etc.

This study makes even much more sense to me after getting to know more about the whole mess of BPDs (borderlines), NPDs (narcissists) and codependents.

But before IT prints this and says something like "See! It's your personalities! Work on them, you manchildren!" I'd like to stress that the malignant NPD Chads many of IT members date (user "Kstop" comes to mind) ARE BELOW US, STUCK ON LAYER 3. Also, many of the members from IT themselves are BPDs, which are stuck at layer 2.

Layer 4 is basically codependency. You're not using others as objects like people from layers 2 and 3 do (BPDs and NPDs), you already have empathy and the full notion that other individuals are not objects nor yourself; but you're needing them in your pursuit of happiness. The fact being stuck at layer 4 is so common here also explains why so many people here are also NEETs (when possible) or hate to work. Layer 4 is basically being a teenager, you want to date teenagers and be finantially supported by your parents. The whole being an adult and working thing starts at layer 5.

Layer 4 codependents will likely get hurt if in relationships with layer 2 and 3 people, since, contrary to them, those two groups don't experience consistent empathy and treat people just as objects (that's why both BPDs and NPDs are known for hurting people, particularly layer 4 codependents; NPDs being even worse since they have greater dominium of their social abilities, but still lacking empathy and the full notion that other people are actually people and not objects), but at least we layer 4s experience way leass internal pain/emptiness than 3s and especially 2s.

This also further supports my theory of most sexual abuse being committed by cluster Bs; just like we, who are at teenage level, want to date teenagers, it'd make sense for a layer 2 or 3 person to want to have sex with children. Also, it's notable that most BPDs have NPD/psychopath parents who sexually abuse them during childhood.

@Atavistic Autist @your personality @Fat Link @Edmund_Kemper

Last edited:
but you're needing them in your pursuit of happiness
That's a problematic notion, and that might be the core reason why so many people here are stuck at layer 4, imo. I'll quote your own signature:
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9 KJV)
We, humans, are terrible at guessing what will make us happy. Happiness invariably fluctuates. If you ascended with a 5/10 gf you'd be in a better place for sure. But as soon you marry her, that will become the new normal (if not before), and/or all the effort it takes to preserve that pussy for you or having to face a dead bedroom is going to make you miss some freedom, even if you are Chad and there's no dead bedroom. That's precisely why they pump and dump, don't they?

I think that more than going through some sexual rites of passage (teen love), to get to layer 5 it is necessary to understand that you don't come to life to be happy, but to be strong. Happiness is the smell of sin, the core of the path of the left hand.

And no, I haven't forgotten how important sex is for development. I'm just making conjectures on how to get to the fifth layer of that theory.

Interesting post. Source? There's a bunch of videos in youtube and I don't know which one watch.

That's a problematic notion, and that might be the core reason why so many people here are stuck at layer 4, imo. I'll quote your own signature:

We, humans, are terrible at guessing what will make us happy. Happiness invariably fluctuates. If you ascended with a 5/10 gf you'd be in a better place for sure. But as soon you marry her, that will become the new normal (if not before), and/or all the effort it takes to preserve that pussy for you or having to face a dead bedroom is going to make you miss some freedom, even if you are Chad and there's no dead bedroom. That's precisely why they pump and dump, don't they?

I think that more than going through some sexual rites of passage (teen love), to get to layer 5 it is necessary to understand that you don't come to life to be happy, but to be strong. Happiness is the smell of sin, the core of the path of the left hand.

And no, I haven't forgotten how important sex is for development. I'm just making conjectures on how to get to the fifth layer of that theory.

Interesting post. Source? There's a bunch of videos in youtube and I don't know which one watch.
Great post. I edited the video in the OP. I'll reply to your points soon, I have to go outside.

the world of one's emotions, historically consolidated; things begin to considered in terms of time and being about feelings; life is basically pursuing happiness and avoiding pain
That the only reasonable standard for what life is about, anything else is a spook and projecting your own methods of happiness (and in a lot of cases not even your own) onto others.

His Shit is pure garbage.

He said in the video that one of the key steps to go from layer 4 to 5 is realizing that happiness is impossible to be acquired directly; you should work on your life, do activities, etc, without having the goal of attaining happiness through them.

I think true happiness is impossible within this fallen world. Only in heaven. That said, I'd still prefer to be a teen Chad and have a teen gf than being an incel :feelsbadman:

I think my stuckness in stage 4 came because of a mix of total lack of social and sexual developmental during my pre-adolescence (I was basically a hikikomori between 10 and 13 and bear in mind that there was no internet back then; I had no sexual experiences whatsoever and only started fapping at 19), an overprotective single mother and a mishmash of different traumas (bullying, stepfathers I hated living here, death of my paternal figure, which was my maternal grandfather; he died right before this turn of events).

It's cool.

Glad you found it interesting.

High IQmaxxing
Thanks bro.

I mean, he's a right-wing Christian who was the main person behind the ressurrection of Brazil's political right. Of course many people hate him and will always portray him in the worst way possible.

His Shit is pure garbage.
Why do you say that? Can you at least read Portuguese?

Do you think pondé mogs him?

Do you think pondé mogs him?
Not even close. Pondé mogs Karnal and that's about it.

Say what you will about Olavão, but he's still the greatest Brazilian living intellectual.

At least elab what is the highest level tbh.

this is the guy most hated by the Brazilian left

I'd like to know something about the stages above 4. Can you elab on that? I don't understand Portuguese.

I'm a Level 12 autistic savant, but wish I could rescind to a Level 3-4 and pleasuremaxxxxx

This is so true. I'm still a teen psychologically even though I'm 30 years old. It's like I still love teen things and want to be a teen, to have fun, while people my age are married, having children, careers.

(I know, it's in Portuguese, but posting anyway for the lusophone bros to watch).

Basically, humans go through different developmental stages since birth, which are schematized and explained by this theory. To reach a stage, you must have reached all other stages prior to this new one. To sum it up:

Layer 2= interest goes outside the body, but other beings are indiscernible from objects, or from self for that matter (infant level)
Layer 3= the circle of social interactions opens itself to the person; everything becomes like a game to the person (child level)
Layer 4 = the world of one's emotions, historically consolidated; things begin to considered in terms of time and being about feelings; life is basically pursuing happiness and avoiding pain (teenager level)

I won't elab much on levels 5 and above here because otherwise this thread would become superlong, but basically 5 is reaching adulthood, 8 is reaching full adult maturity and 9 and beyond are becoming someone distinguished so to speak (9 is the intellectual life for instance).

Everything fell into place for me after watching that lecture. The fixation so many people here (me included; I'm also a layer 4 myself) have on "teen love", the running from pain and pursue of pleasure (copes)/happiness (dreams of love, a teen Chad life), etc.

This study makes even much more sense to me after getting to know more about the whole mess of BPDs (borderlines), NPDs (narcissists) and codependents.

But before IT prints this and says something like "See! It's your personalities! Work on them, you manchildren!" I'd like to stress that the malignant NPD Chads many of IT members date (user "Kstop" comes to mind) ARE BELOW US, STUCK ON LAYER 3. Also, many of the members from IT themselves are BPDs, which are stuck at layer 2.

Layer 4 is basically codependency. You're not using others as objects like people from layers 2 and 3 do (BPDs and NPDs), you already have empathy and the full notion that other individuals are not objects nor yourself; but you're needing them in your pursuit of happiness. The fact being stuck at layer 4 is so common here also explains why so many people here are also NEETs (when possible) or hate to work. Layer 4 is basically being a teenager, you want to date teenagers and be finantially supported by your parents. The whole being an adult and working thing starts at layer 5.

Layer 4 codependents will likely get hurt if in relationships with layer 2 and 3 people, since, contrary to them, those two groups don't experience consistent empathy and treat people just as objects (that's why both BPDs and NPDs are known for hurting people, particularly layer 4 codependents; NPDs being even worse since they have greater dominium of their social abilities, but still lacking empathy and the full notion that other people are actually people and not objects), but at least we layer 4s experience way leass internal pain/emptiness than 3s and especially 2s.

This also further supports my theory of most sexual abuse being committed by cluster Bs; just like we, who are at teenage level, want to date teenagers, it'd make sense for a layer 2 or 3 person to want to have sex with children. Also, it's notable that most BPDs have NPD/psychopath parents who sexually abuse them during childhood.

Sounds like psychological pseudoscience tbh this kind of analysis can be and is easily extended to wannabe "psychoanalysis" of incel 'pathology' so it's hard to take this behavioral model seriously even if it's goal is more toward addressing the behavior of normies ngl

Last edited:

It’s not the only reason Chad pumps n’dumps.

He does this for a variety of reasons but one of which I’d argue is his proper understanding that the foul mouthed, childlike, low IQ, tattooed trash that so often represents the young modern female are utterly unfit for either marriage or motherhood.

Plus if Chad has been red pilled he now understands his value as a man and is fully actualized to make proper choices for his life.

Choices that will benefit him and also choices that will help him live out his dreams.

Perhaps one day he will decide to find the needle in the haystack proverbial decent wholesome tradwife to settle down and create a legacy with ie children/grandchildren but due to his red pilling he can fully enjoy his life well into his mid to late 40’s before then by fucking the various pre wall hotties riding the cock carousel.

Edit: Anyway as for the guy’s lecture...

I don’t think he’s wrong about human development though I will say or rather add that we men in the west are so lost these days because we no longer have any sense of connection to our tribal roots and more importantly our tribal rites of passage.

So males/men in America have come up with bumbling half hazard bastardized versions of this.

In our grandfathers day it was signing up and fighting in immoral Jewish wars ala WWII or Vietnam that they believed “made them men” finally as their rite of passage or it was getting their first car or moving out of their parents house etc, etc.

So as the Jews worked hard to create a cuck’d and dysgenic Clown World that we have today it’s no wonder or surprise to me that so many of you here are stuck on the arguably inferior (to the grandparent generation’s bastardized rite of passage idea) of “teen love” being your own rite of passage that you missed out on and so believe yourselves forever stuck in the child’s phase because of it.

Anyway I only list teen love as an inferior idea for rite of passage to the grandparent generations war rite of passage idea because the grandparent’s idea is more masculine and testosterone filled but despite saying that once again I reiterate my earlier point that both ideas are flawed as rites of passage and are simply grasping reactionary attempts to try and get back to what was lost ie our true rites of passage in the long ago distant past of when we went from being ape like creatures to the first humans with our then growing tribal ways and methods for making our way forward in to what to us was literally a strange new world.

Last edited:
At least elab what is the highest level tbh.
I'd like to know something about the stages above 4. Can you elab on that? I don't understand Portuguese.
I'll rewatch it and sum up here. I focused more on the lower levels because I was focusing on the whole BPD/NPD/codependent situation.

this is the guy most hated by the Brazilian left
Yes bro.

This is so true. I'm still a teen psychologically even though I'm 30 years old. It's like I still love teen things and want to be a teen, to have fun, while people my age are married, having children, careers.
My life is exactly the same from when I was 14 or something. I play the same games, have the same desires, like the same age bracket of girls the most. I only got older and uglier. Also, my musical abilities improved a lot at least.

I don’t think he’s wrong about human development though I will say or rather add that we men in the west are so lost these days because we no longer have any sense of connection to our tribal roots and more importantly our tribal rites of passage.

So males/men in America have come up with bumbling half hazard bastardized versions of this.

In our grandfathers day it was signing up and fighting in immoral Jewish wars ala WWII or Vietnam that they believed “made them men” finally as their rite of passage or it was getting their first car or moving out of their parents house etc, etc.

So as the Jews worked hard to create a cuck’d and dysgenic Clown World that we have today it’s no wonder or surprise to me that so many of you here are stuck on the arguably inferior (to the grandparent generation’s bastardized rite of passage idea) of “teen love” being your own rite of passage that you missed out on and so believe yourselves forever stuck in the child’s phase because of it.

Anyway I only list teen love as an inferior idea for rite of passage to the grandparent generations war rite of passage idea because the grandparent’s idea is more masculine and testosterone filled but despite saying that once again I reiterate my earlier point that both ideas are flawed as rites of passage and are simply grasping reactionary attempts to try and get back to what was lost ie our true rites of passage in the long ago distant past of when we went from being ape like creatures to the first humans with our then growing tribal ways and methods for making our way forward in to what to us was literally a strange new world.
Thanks for the lifefuel. I'd rather miss teen love than miss a couple of limps after going to a war that has nothing to do with me.

I don't think there's one single rite of passage that makes a boy into a man. At least in my case, like I said, I suspect multiple factors led me to the emotional stuckness. I think the fact such stuckness is so common nowadays (along with the other ones; stuckness at level 2, 3, etc) has to do with the massive levels of dysfunction western societies have. Most people are raised by single moms nowadays for instance.

Sorry off-topic, but how is this even possible?
I had phimosis and it hurt to fap. Probably would have stopped hurting after a while trying but I hate pain (layer 4 trait tbhngl).

Makes sense. Can you give a link of some page explaining more about this in English

Makes sense. Can you give a link of some page explaining more about this in English
I can't find anything about it in English, sorry. It's an OG theory by him and it hasn't been translated so far.

I tried to translate the subtitles in YT but it doesn't work very well. From English to Portuguese it usually works better, but not the reverse.

That the only reasonable standard for what life is about, anything else is a spook and projecting your own methods of happiness (and in a lot of cases not even your own) onto others.
you seeing that as the only reasonable standard for what life is about proves you are layer 4 personality

It’s not the only reason Chad pumps n’dumps.

He does this for a variety of reasons but one of which I’d argue is his proper understanding that the foul mouthed, childlike, low IQ, tattooed trash that so often represents the young modern female are utterly unfit for either marriage or motherhood.

Plus if Chad has been red pilled he now understands his value as a man and is fully actualized to make proper choices for his life.

Choices that will benefit him and also choices that will help him live out his dreams.

Perhaps one day he will decide to find the needle in the haystack proverbial decent wholesome tradwife to settle down and create a legacy with ie children/grandchildren but due to his red pilling he can fully enjoy his life well into his mid to late 40’s before then by fucking the various pre wall hotties riding the cock carousel.

Edit: Anyway as for the guy’s lecture...

High IQ post

Thanks for the lifefuel. I'd rather miss teen love than miss a couple of limps after going to a war that has nothing to do with me.

I don't think there's one single rite of passage that makes a boy into a man. At least in my case, like I said, I suspect multiple factors led me to the emotional stuckness. I think the fact such stuckness is so common nowadays (along with the other ones; stuckness at level 2, 3, etc) has to do with the massive levels of dysfunction western societies have. Most people are raised by single moms nowadays for instance.
I think you’re probably right in that there’s no one size fits all rite of passage for males to become men and ascend into adulthood.

My main point however was that whatever our authentic/original tribal rites of passage were have sadly been lost to time and we’ve just as sadly have only had bastardized new rites put into their place.

I want to also reverse my earlier assertion that our grandparents war idea was anymore masculine than the teen love idea as rite of passage.

It is not and both are equally cucked due to Jewish taint ie war wasn’t really the idea of our grandparents as a rite of passage but rather passively adopted by them since the Jew’s successfully fooled them into fighting said wars and the teen love idea is also Jew tainted and cucked because without them and their malicious intent clown world and wide scale inceldom would not exist, hence the teen love as rite of passage idea would’ve never come into being because there’d be nothing of which to necessitate it.

Last edited:
you seeing that as the only reasonable standard for what life is about proves you are layer 4 personality
God's not real. You are not important. Humanity is not cosmically significant. Life doesn't have a purpose other than to reproduce.

God's not real. You are not important. Humanity is not cosmically significant. Life doesn't have a purpose other than to reproduce.
nibba thats not what we are talking about
le life is pointless +10 karma pointerinos
thanks for the gold!!!!

thanks for the gold!!!!
Christian nepiophile

thanks for the gold!!!!
Stating that there is more to life than material pleasures necessarily implies there's an immaterial that should be held above the material.
Without the immaterial, there's literally no more to life than "life is basically pursuing happiness and avoiding pain" and any extra layers are superfluous.

Stating that there is more to life than material pleasures necessarily implies there's an immaterial that should be held above the material.
Without the immaterial, there's literally no more to life than "life is basically pursuing happiness and avoiding pain" and any extra layers are superfluous.
You are further proving the guys personality theory

Try substantiating your argument. "You are wrong" is not an argument.
You see that the only thing worthwhile thing In life is gaining pleasure and avoiding pain, hence you are layer 4 personality.
You haven't grown out of it, because you weren't allowed to/didn't have the ability kind of like platos cave,.
You don't know anything else that isn't the cave, therefore what the cave presents is truth.

You see that the only thing worthwhile thing In life is gaining pleasure and avoiding pain, hence you are layer 4 personality.
You haven't grown out of it, because you weren't allowed to/didn't have the ability kind of like platos cave,.
You don't know anything else that isn't the cave, therefore what the cave presents is truth.
Well my argument is that "beyond layer 4 doesn't actually exist", so it's impossible to "grow out of".
Maybe you should post the other layers so I have an idea what you're talking about because you sound like a religious nutjob right now.

I wonder how incel tear cuck feel about reading this

I've already reached adult maturity. Maybe that's why our views differ so much

Your brain develops until you're 25 years old and in the late states is really when you become "conscious". But what does that have to do with being attractive or not in the eyes of women? Girls care about looks, that's it. It is very simple