[Serious] Morality?

My position is that...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gengar

Major
-
Wondering about how we stand on this one tbh ngl though I probably already know the answer.

Insomniac

ϟϟ A U T I S M ϟϟ
-
Morals are subjective but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t adhere to them.

NoMoreSlaving

Legend
-
Retribution is the morally and ethically correct thing to do if you have been tortured

LiterallyASoyboy

Legend
-
Morality may be subjective, but it's everyone's subjective desire to avoid pain, negative emotions, and to avoid preference frustration. Therefore we could operate under the logic that this is the closest thing to objectivity, consensus, the satisfaction of existing preferences, or better yet, avoiding the creation of preferences altogether.

In a just world, one person's happiness would not come at the expense of another person's pain.

Basically what I'm saying is that even if morality is subjective, we should operate under the assumption that it's not. Just because you're not the one feeling bad at any given moment doesn't mean that particular, immediate form of suffering doesn't exist. If physical pain and emotions were collectively shared, the entire world would rope.

Cuyen

Everything hurts and I'm dying
-
morality is objective / morality exists.

Sniffles

Low inhibmaxxing...
-
Morality is objective. There is a real right and wrong. What has been done to me is obviously not morally right.

FinnCel

Admiral
-
Morality is objective. I experience it. I experience the world around me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anger OffTopic 12
Fontaine OffTopic 7