Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story moneymaxxing brocel kills himself after $730k negative balance

JFL exactly, it isnt a loan, its an investment so worst case scenario is that you lose all your money an have a balance of ZERO, you cant have negative balance (unless you owe the broker admin/management fees).

:feelskek::feelskek:
Margin trading :feelskek: I assume

Why the fuck are dumbasses trading leveraged options when they don't know what they are doing?

How can an option be leveraged if you're a buyer? You pay the fees up front and that's it unless I'm missing something.

This is retarded. How do you even think that you can loose more than you invested in the first place? Also was he just clicking buttons and not actually looking at what trades he was making?

Futures are leveraged 50:1 as are many other financial instruments. Sometimes brokers fuck up and don't make sure you have enough account balanced to trade.

When WTI crude went to negative prices a few months ago, people lost more than in their brokerage account. Brokerages didn't code for such a scenario as crude never went to negatives before. Some had many millions of negative in their account. That being said it would have been the broker's fault.

Would you be legally liable for this kind of thing?

google the story of IB and oil futures negative balance

IB agreed to pay for negative balances which were I think 100s of millions

google the story of IB and oil futures negative balance

IB agreed to pay for negative balances which were I think 100s of millions

So the fact that you can't loose more money than you put into it remains true right?

So the fact that you can't loose more money than you put into it remains true right?

in theory, but a lot of brokers are shit

margin is limited to 30% of your account balance usually. shorting on margin is the most common way to wipe out your account as your losses are infinite. but the broker is supposed to code in a margin call before you go to neg balance

only advanced traders might get more, i.e. hedge funds

but anyone with experience who takes on high risk is a fucking idiot and will quickly be fired from the firm he works at

How can an option be leveraged if you're a buyer? You pay the fees up front and that's it unless I'm missing something.

I meant he was trading on margin.

He has no business to be trading on margin. JFL.

The worst thing that can happen normally is that you lose 100% of your investment. This guy must've lost like 500%.

The worst thing that can happen normally is that you lose 100% of your investment. This guy must've lost like 500%.
he was doing a credit/debit spread nigga, the risk is fixed. he was likely close to roping before. it was a glitch that would fix itself the next day. he

ZUeCbT5.gif
ZUeCbT5.gif
ZUeCbT5.gif
ZUeCbT5.gif

For the best tbh, if he was that low IQ in the first place to not check his actual balance.

he was doing a credit/debit spread nigga, the risk is fixed. he was likely close to roping before. it was a glitch that would fix itself the next day. he

Kek

From what I read it wasn't a glitch, it's that his trades weren't fully executed.

no broker would give him more than 50% margin tho

anyway, he didn't have a neg balance, it was a UI bug

Ehh, I sympathize with the guy but why kill yourself? Might as well just go nuts and do whatever you ever felt like doing before you die anyways...

Then he killed himself over a bug, which makes it even worse

even if he had a billion, look how fucked up his face is

what does it even matter at that point, lol

Negative 730k is a lot, investors have killed themselves over less, I'm pretty sure. I mean you're fucked, what are you gonna do?
emigrate

pm stock tips