Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

MMORPGcels could you explain what's so great about this genre? I don't get it

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Seriously I don't get the appeal. They are grindy as fuck, you have to devote too many hours to get good gear and enough level to do the cool quests, before that you've got to suffer a lot of repetitive shit. Graphically they are usually pretty bad and have a confusing user interface with too many menus, submenus, tabs, icons, etc. The gameplay is usually boring too, for example in Star Wars The Old Republic the combat gameplay is just spamming keys 1 to 4 to do different types of attacks, do this while your partner heals you each time you take damage and you're literally invincible. Also there's always some kind of suscription or pay to win mechanic that makes free players have a much worse experience than premium players, and if we get into clothes and accesories all the cool stuff is behind a paywall.

How do people get addicted to this kind of games? I would understand becoming addicted to MOBA, FPS or fighting games for the competitive component, but MMORPGs look so boring in comparison. Is the kind of game you play while you listen to music, podcast or voice chat? Or is the lore really that good to devote so many hours despite the boring gameplay? Probably my favorite videogame genre is RPG but the single player kind, and if the gameplay is boring or tedious I drop it anyways. For example I didn't like Dragon Age saga, the gameplay was too old school and strategic for my taste. Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Mass Effect saga, Yakuza (more beat em up but it has many RPG elements too), The Witcher 2 and 3, that's the good shit.

I grew tired of "grindy" games a long time ago, simply not worth the effort with so little enjoyment, even if they might have less of the globohomo-supporting propaganda popular in today's games; JFL, most don't play video games to do the exact same wageslaving they were doing a couple hours ago. :lul:

you have to devote too many hours
People who love it are ldaring losers that have nothing else to vouch for in their sorry lives
got to suffer a lot of repetitive shit.
They have either masochism fetish or they are autistic af and love repeating stuff
Graphically they are usually pretty bad and have a confusing user interface with too many menus, submenus, tabs, icons, etc.
Autists love crammed up spaces
is just spamming keys 1 to 4 to do different types of attacks,
They don't have good dexterity, thus pressing 1 or 2 buttons would be an immense task for them
Also there's always some kind of suscription or pay to win mechanic that makes free players have a much worse experience than premium players, and if we get into clothes and accesories all the cool stuff is behind a paywall.
That's called cope, they are affording it since they don't have anything else to spend money for, unlike normies who go out, party and spend money with their gfs.
How do people get addicted to this kind of games?
Just like us get addicted to post in this cancerous shithole; LDARing, autism, nothing better to do, etc...
Is the kind of game you play while you listen to music, podcast or voice chat?
No, they play it while muting any music. They need extra concentration for grinding.
Or is the lore really that good
Lol, they have barely a lore
the gameplay was too old school and strategic for my taste
True, I also hate strategic game like FE and tactics shit, I don't want to spend time with waifu chess#9786959.
Also, people who are into it are masochistic autists.
Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Mass Effect saga, The Witcher 2 and 3, that's the good shit.
Multiplayer is shit

People who love it are ldaring losers that have nothing else to vouch for in their sorry lives

They have either masochism fetish or they are autistic af and love repeating stuff

Autists love crammed up spaces

They don't have good dexterity, thus pressing 1 or 2 buttons would be an immense task for them

That's called cope, they are affording it since they don't have anything else to spend money for, unlike normies who go out, party and spend money with their gfs.

Just like us get addicted to post in this cancerous shithole; LDARing, autism, nothing better to do, etc...

No, they play it while muting any music. They need extra concentration for grinding.

Lol, they have barely a lore

True, I also hate strategic game like FE and tactics shit, I don't want to spend time with waifu chess#9786959.
Also, people who are into it are masochistic autists.

Multiplayer is shit
Kek we have pretty much the same opinions regarding MMORPG, strategic RPGs and multiplayer games. Single player for life :feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD:
2fd4dbcb496d796da1619e96db0c42952ba241b4-gif.687545

It’s for normies who have friends to play with

Trucels like me only play single player games

, I sometimes play a game with someone online but our schedules are fucked so we play rarely

I like the social end game content likes raids and PVP. Just something about completing something very difficult with a small group of people, while using equipment that took hours for me to get is really fun to me ngl.

The gameplay is usually boring too, for example in Star Wars The Old Republic
I started to play SWTOR because this game is a sequel to KOTOR I and II, so I wanted to see how the history from the previous games would end.
the combat gameplay is just spamming keys 1 to 4 to do different types of attacks, do this while your partner heals you each time you take damage and you're literally invincible
Yeah, 99% of the time you are invincible with healing and I barely knew what the attacks did.

In the end I like SWTOR history and the easy gameplay, so I like the game.

I started to play SWTOR because this game is a sequel to KOTOR I and II, so I wanted to see how the history from the previous games would end.

Yeah, 99% of the time you are invincible with healing and I barely knew what the attacks did.

By the way, my name "Vitarius" is the name I created to play SWTOR.

Seriously I don't get the appeal. They are grindy as fuck, you have to devote too many hours to get good gear and enough level to do the cool quests, before that you've got to suffer a lot of repetitive shit. Graphically they are usually pretty bad and have a confusing user interface with too many menus, submenus, tabs, icons, etc. The gameplay is usually boring too, for example in Star Wars The Old Republic the combat gameplay is just spamming keys 1 to 4 to do different types of attacks, do this while your partner heals you each time you take damage and you're literally invincible. Also there's always some kind of suscription or pay to win mechanic that makes free players have a much worse experience than premium players, and if we get into clothes and accesories all the cool stuff is behind a paywall.

How do people get addicted to this kind of games? I would understand becoming addicted to MOBA, FPS or fighting games for the competitive component, but MMORPGs look so boring in comparison. Is the kind of game you play while you listen to music, podcast or voice chat? Or is the lore really that good to devote so many hours despite the boring gameplay? Probably my favorite videogame genre is RPG but the single player kind, and if the gameplay is boring or tedious I drop it anyways. For example I didn't like Dragon Age saga, the gameplay was too old school and strategic for my taste. Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Mass Effect saga, Yakuza (more beat em up but it has many RPG elements too), The Witcher 2 and 3, that's the good shit.
Dnr

I just play mmorpgs to pour my time in tbh

I really wanted to like SWTOR because of the story but the gameplay was so boring I couldn't play it for more than 20 minutes. I made it like to the end of act 1 (Sith character) and never played anymore.

MMORPG worlds feel more alive than other games and tend to be massive. And in the rare cases where you have a good friend group, they are extremely entertaining. Although I no longer can enjoy then because of time restraints and can't risk addiction, and they don't hit the same

the wonderful world of warcraft is such a good game that its the only game that I play.

Actually I wanna try other games but I can't help it but to continue the grind for better gear.

I kinda wanna try the new final fantasy though