Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Men who are obsessed with cars

Friezacel

Friezacel

Discord: lauterbach2
★★★★★
Before misunderstandings accure, i wanna say that i think cars are great to get to other places and it can be fun to drive. What i dont understand is the obsession so many men have with cars. They know all the different cars models that exist, know every single fucking spec of the car and talk about nothing but cars all days. And most times its people from middle class talking about cars theyll never be able to afford. Maybe it is some kind of cope for them because their money they earn from their wageslaving isnt enough to ever buy a high class car ?

Systemizing manifests in countless forms for ASD patient. There are many ASD patients obsessed with automobile design.

It’s kinda like a pet I guess. I love my pickup truck it’s so fun to drive

When I was a kid I didnt know anything about cars, but all my friends knew all the car models. How did they know that? Did they spend all that reading car magazines or what?

It’s kinda like a pet I guess. I love my pickup truck it’s so fun to drive
Yeah but they are talking all day about cars they ll never own, let alone drive

When I was a kid I didnt know anything about cars, but all my friends knew all the car models. How did they know that? Did they spend all that reading car magazines or what?
Either their car obsessed dads told them everything about that or they are no life mfers like us and spend all day reading car magazines

Before misunderstandings accure, i wanna say that i think cars are great to get to other places and it can be fun to drive. What i dont understand is the obsession so many men have with cars. They know all the different cars models that exist, know every single fucking spec of the car and talk about nothing but cars all days. And most times its people from middle class talking about cars theyll never be able to afford. Maybe it is some kind of cope for them because their money they earn from their wageslaving isnt enough to ever buy a high class car ?
As someone who likes cars a lot, it's mostly a cope. It's nice to dream of driving practically any sportscar I want due to extreme moneymaxxing. :feelsLSD: :feelsLSD: :feelsLSD:

As someone who likes cars a lot, it's mostly a cope. It's nice to dream of driving practically any sportscar I want due to extreme moneymaxxing. :feelsLSD: :feelsLSD: :feelsLSD:
At least you are admitting that you are coping

Socially acceptable autism.

cars = status symbol

Different people are interested in different stuff.
Everyone has his own hobbies.

there's a therapeutic element to the pursuit of a useless activity, in a sense it indicates you are satisfied with life.

there's a therapeutic element to the pursuit of a useless activity, in a sense it indicates you are satisfied with life.
A great answer as well, Supreme Leader Kim-Jong un

The car is made to take you from point A to point B .

The difference between a Ford and a Bentley is the way others see you and for most people (shallow) this is the most important thing

big machines are amazing

quite the opposite. being interested in complex mechanisms is a high IQ trait
Having lots of knowledge about certain topics ≠ being high IQ

Having lots of knowledge about certain topics ≠ being high IQ

well I know for certain that you don't have a particularly high IQ so I don't know why you're even talking

Idk better than being a cuck who watches sports though

People are obsessed with sports, anime, sci fi or whatever. I just say whatever floats your boat.

I like all kinds of cars, including ones I can and can't afford. I love the engineering that goes into them and I spend a lot of time fixing my classics and modern classic cars up. Better than having normie hobbies and being cucked.

Cars are fine but other copes are better

I made a failed-normie gearhead thread about this a few months ago. Not sure if this is what you’re getting it at?

Yes but only if you own the cars. Im talking about wagies who drive a shitty to mediocre car but talk about expensive cars all day
What about the ones that own shitty cars and spend a lot of time and effort modding and upgrading it - ie, buying an old $500 Honda Civic and putting suicide doors on it, putting some huge, ridiculous rims on it, lowering it all the way to ground so that it practically scrapes the asphalt, adding a spoiler on it… basically, every add on costing way more than the car itself.

I made a failed-normie gearhead thread about this a few months ago. Not sure if this is what you’re getting it at?

Didn't read this one yet. Gonna take a look

What about the ones that own shitty cars and spend a lot of time and effort modding and upgrading it - ie, buying an old $500 Honda Civic and putting suicide doors on it, putting some huge, ridiculous rims on it, lowering it all the way to ground so that it practically scrapes the asphalt, adding a spoiler on it… basically, every add on costing way more than the car itself.
There is a saying that goes something like this: You can spray as much gold as you want on a piece of shit, it will remain a piece of shit

big machines are amazing

quite the opposite. being interested in complex mechanisms is a high IQ trait
True, however, the majority of mechanics are poor af and have to resort to scamming their own customers and stealing parts from their own clients’ cars.

Chad isn’t particularly invested in cars, he doesn’t need to be. If you’re a broke incel who is somewhat knowledgeable in cars, you can potentially use that as a side hustle, but you would have to be a bit low inhib/extrovert to pull it off. I don’t imagine many incels to have high interest in it to begin with.

Last edited:
I would say many mechanics tend to be super low iq tbh

I hated cars a lot but when i had to maintain a car then i got some understanding why people get obsessed with cars. Since it takes so much time and effort to understand this complex machine enough not to make big mistakes. I kept making really stupid mistakes with cars.

Cars are like horses, they're a weapon of war. Understanding cars helps you to survive just like guns. The obsession with fancy cars is like the obsession with strong horses that can outrun an enemy. Of course it's all really shallow and low iq ultimately.

Usually low iq normies will care a lot about their social status in their social group because that's the only status in life they have so they will get fancy cars just to lift that status.

I don't really hate the obsession with cars though. I think fundamentally being obsessed with understanding machines is a virtue. I like machines much more than humans. Machines are inherently good and humans are inherently bad. There are a lot of machines in this world, it's just that cars are the ones that are most accessible.

big machines are amazing
Basically. The car engine is an amazing feat of engineering, not to mention the control mechanisms used throughout the car are very complex as well.

It’s a costly hobby. Storage can be a problem.

It's a modern day horse. Cars are sick.

Incel trait: you were never interested in cars

Gotta have places to go for a car to be useful at all.

Even if I had a lambo I would have no idea what to do with it. Just drive it around? And do what? I don't drive to work. I don't go anywhere. I don't even have friends to visit.

Cars are fun but i feel we got to a point when cars are reduced to status symbols/soulless machines, cars today are not what they used to. I drove 5 different cars and these days after driving a modern car for a longer while, i like to jump in my older car and just cruise in it, listen to the sound of the engine, switch gears cause it's a manual (as a true car should be), and feel great. Also as a subhuman i don't really feel so good in a mercedes.

Well yes its a cope. They are enthusiasts. Same way people can talk a shit ton about other professionals playing sports even though they themselves will never get to that level. Many things in life are cope. People free to do whatever brings them happiness, even its just daydreaming.

Its either cope or rope for most men in this day and age. Not alot of choices.

Basically. The car engine is an amazing feat of engineering, not to mention the control mechanisms used throughout the car are very complex as well.
sadly, car mechanic is a bad paid job with no future, but I'm taking up jobs where I work with other machines and hope I can somehow make it back around to cars as an engineer or something.

i guess it's just some sorta of a cope for these people

it's better that they obssess over cars than simp for toilets in OF and jewstagram

There are people who openly admit to having sex with their cars. The left is trying to normalize fucking cars