Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Meditation helped me to get rid of suicidal thoughts

Balding Subhuman

Balding Subhuman

If you're ugly, women want you dead
★★★★★
I think I already made a post like a week ago about this, but I'm just gonna repeat what I said since it has been such a great thing for me.

I don't suffer from suicidal thoughts anymore. Something has definitely changed in my brain, and for the positive. My mind feels lighter and my concentration is better. My life isn't perfect but then again it doesn't need to be. At this current moment I'm kind of content. However I must say, it took me about 3 to 4 weeks of meditating daily for 10-20 minutes to get here. I used to meditate regularly years ago, but then fell of the wagon. I wish I would have just kept going.

Meditating isn't easy, especially when you're just starting. And it is something we naturally don't want to do because of its boring nature, therefore it actually builds discipline and your ability to concentrate on boring tasks. And something I've realised about myself and I guess about humans in general is that we set certain expectations about things. When you start meditating, you expect it to be calming and nice, meanwhile it is boring, arduous and even at times can make you angry because the expectation doesn't meet the reality. We try to control even the smallest things. Even the most simplest things, like sitting on the floor meditating, we want everything it to be nice and stimulating.

Meditation loosens the grip from needing constant stimulation. When you go through a boring arduous task like concentrating on your stomach rising and falling over and over again, it starts to feel less arduous over time. Your concentration gets more focused. You start to expect less and you become more content with less.

Try it. Its free.

Notice it's the guys who've been here a while who have positive contributions to make. It's the new guys who all wanna die.

Notice it's the guys who've been here a while who have positive contributions to make. It's the new guys who all wanna die.
You pretty much have to have a positive mindset if you've been here this long and are still somewhat sane. :fuk:

Never gotten meditation tbh. Maybe my attention span has been fried from online rotting but I can't imagine myself sitting down and thinking in silence for longer than a few minutes. The bitter reality of my life is always going to be there in my head. Omnipresent. Nothing can change it. :feelsohgod:

Thanks for sharing this man, I'll try to get into meditation more

Tinnitus + OCD = meditation ain't for me.

Never gotten meditation tbh. Maybe my attention span has been fried from online rotting but I can't imagine myself sitting down and thinking in silence for longer than a few minutes.
Its not easy. You could start with 2 minutes and go up from there. Eventually your concentration gets better. The constant stimulation from internet is probably the culprit for many peoples concentration problems. Not to mention it doesn't make us happier, rather it just makes us addicted.

Its not easy. You could start with 2 minutes and go up from there. Eventually your concentration gets better. The constant stimulation from internet is probably the culprit for many peoples concentration problems. Not to mention it doesn't make us happier, rather it just makes us addicted.
True but what are you really supposed to be thinking about? I'd just start obsessing about the constant failure and humiliation that is my life like always. :fuk:

for me, gaining muscle and getting serious about exercise practically cured my anxiety, depression, among other mental health issues

True but what are you really supposed to be thinking about? I'd just start obsessing about the constant failure and humiliation that is my life like always. :fuk:
You're not really supposed to think anything. Just focus on your stomach rising and falling as you let your breath flow naturally without controlling it.

Thanks for sharing this man

We didn't share anything, because meditation isn't what we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back