Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Mathcels, what branch of mathematics is the most useful for daily life besides muh arithmetic; trig? calculus? something specific like spherical trig?

ddking0001

ddking0001

Officer
★★★★
I want to hyper-focus on one thing and one thing only. I think trigonometry seems to be underrated and useful, but I might be wrong. The more specific the better, even as something as understanding the underlying meaning of ratios, completing the square, or maybe even matrices, or formulaic interpretation.
I think trig might be the one I hyper-focus on, but what do you guys think?
Or, the classic pre-algebra to AB calculus route?

Besides, arithmetic, algebra for sure. Beyond regular algebra, becoming an expert in linear Algebra will help in a lot of fields such as robotics, computer vision, and GPU design. I’m a software engineer, so I’m of course biased though

Advanced Algebra and Calculus, basically the language to critically read and think about papers

Besides, arithmetic, algebra for sure. Beyond regular algebra, becoming an expert in linear Algebra will help in a lot of fields such as robotics, computer vision, and GPU design. I’m a software engineer, so I’m of course biased though
Advanced Algebra and Calculus, basically the language to critically read and think about papers
Thank you, I'll go ahead and put my focus on these

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back