Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Math thread problem (official)

trying to ascend

trying to ascend

Oldcel KHHV
★★★★★
Post all math related problems and solutions here. Don't cheat.

First problem: If the coefficients of x³ and x^4 in the expansion of (1+ ax+ bx² ) (1−2x) ^18 in powers of x are both zero, then (a, b) is equal to?

he said no cheating. cheating is not helping you get smarter, cheating is lying to people, and cheating is wrong. you also clearly didnt read his original message that said "no cheating" because otherwise you would have known. The first two rules to math are 1. DONT CHEAT!!!!1 and 2. Read the problem alllll the way through. Just going off of this, you probably cheat in other areas of life too, dont you? Infact, this is why you are an incel. If you hadnt cheated, you might have turned out differently. However, you can still change your future! Thats right, its not too late!!! If you start reading problems the whole way through and stop cheating, you will not be an incel anymore!! Be smarter my friend

Compute the integral of 1/(1+x^5)

Grinds my gears the way they refer to it as math (problems) like mega cope much. This $*** ain't bothering no one.

Grinds my gears the way they refer to it as math (problems) like mega cope much. This $*** ain't bothering no one.
Wtf are you talking about? :feelskek:

Find sum of the absolute values of the roots of the equation below:

(144^x + 324^x)/64^x + 729^x = 6/7

Who stickied it and why

i used to slay problems when i was preparing for university

For how many values of x is x to the power of floor function of [x] an integer? Being 0<x<1000

Last edited:
For how many values of x is x to the power of floor function of [x] an integer? Being 0<x<1000
Seems to be true for all 999 integer values. Let's se what else we can add

Seems to be true for all 999 integer values. Let's se what else we can add
I've written it wrongly, it should be: For how many values of x is f(x) = x(raised to the floor function of x) a positive integer less than 1000

Last edited:
I've written it wrongly, it should be: For how many values of x is f(x) = x(raised to the floor function of x) is a positive integer less than 1000
Trying to guess something besides 1,2,3,4

I've written it wrongly, it should be: For how many values of x is f(x) = x(raised to the floor function of x) a positive integer less than 1000
For every real value of x between 0 and 1 f(x) would be 1. Which is less than 1000. So the answer is infinity?

For every real value of x between 0 and 1 f(x) would be 1. Which is less than 1000. So the answer is infinity?
Indeed, X needs to be equal or greater than 1, though I'm struggling to find the original problem

Indeed, X needs to be equal or greater than 1, though I'm struggling to find the original problem
In that case I can only think of 1,2,3,4. For any other non integer value, f(x) would be non integer.

In that case I can only think of 1,2,3,4. For any other non integer value, f(x) would be non integer.
It's all values of x(raised to floor), such that f(x) is an integer.

Found the original: How many positive integers
$N$
less than
$1000$
are there such that the equation
$x^{\lfloor x\rfloor} = N$
has a solution for
$x$
?

Last edited:
It's all values of x(raised to floor), such that f(x) is an integer
Nice catch. So all integer sqroots btw 2 and 3. 5,6,7,8 . All integer cube roots between 3 and 4. 64-27-1= 36. All fourth roots btw 4 and... Whatever. 625-256-1=368

368+36+4+4= 412

Nice catch. So all integer sqroots btw 2 and 3. 5,6,7,8 . All integer cube roots between 3 and 4. 64-27-1= 36. All fourth roots btw 4 and... Whatever. 625-256-1=368

368+36+4+4= 412
Correct :feelsokman:

Given that z = 5 - 5i, we define f(n) = ∣ z to the power of (2n + 1) + conjugate of z to the power of (2n + 1) ∣ for each n belong to the natural numbers.

Therefore, the sum of f(n) from 1 to 20 is?

Given that z = 5 - 5i, we define f(n) = ∣ z to the power of (2n + 1) + conjugate of z to the power of (2n + 1) ∣ for each n belong to the natural numbers.

Therefore, the sum of f(n) from 1 to 20 is?
Unless I'm making a mistake this is coming out to be a pretty big number

2((2.5^3).((2.5^2) ^20-1) /49))

How many solutions, in the interval (-4pi, 4pi) the following equation has?

Cos(x) . (Cos(x/3) + 2sin(x) - sin(x) . sin (x/3) - 2 = 0

SuicideFuel​

How many solutions, in the interval (-4pi, 4pi) the following equation has?

Cos(x) . (Cos(x/3) + 2sin(x) - sin(x) . sin (x/3) - 2 = 0
You are forgetting a bracket

In the following expansion, what's the sum of the coefficient of all x to the power of a multiple of 3?

(1 + x² - x³ + x^4)^10

Get away from me; I detest being IQmogged! :feelsUgh:

If I was high IQ, I would've studymaxxed on a scholarship and been at Google already; quite unfortunate. :society:

Get away from me; I detest being IQmogged! :feelsUgh:

If I was high IQ, I would've studymaxxed on a scholarship and been at Google already; quite unfortunate. :society:
You are high IQ sir, your comments are of extraordinary quality, especially with those emojis at the end of every sentence

Explanation(This is the best I can do as a rescue):

Off-Topic Logic Game
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185501144Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:07 PM CDT
Greetings, Off-Topic. On this particular occasion, I have decided to have an entertaining discussion with all of you by composing a simple game based on logical-reasoning. Firstly, while utilizing mathematics, we have objective statements such as "x = 5" Those particular type of statements are properly known as "predicates", given that they equate to either the Boolean values of true and/or false. within the above premise, it merely defines the quantity that variable 'x' represents. Therefore, it is "true" predicate. Although I used "x = 5", we could use symbolic notation such as this: E(x) = 5 Where uppercase "E" refers to the word "Equal", and the input variable 'x' receives the quantity described on the opposite side of the "=" operand. --------------------------------------- Recognizing the above objective explanation, the goal of the game is rather basic: to derive logical expressions to be interpreted by other users. I have devised a minimal list of logical symbols below: "-->" - The logical "if-then" operator. "If certain cookies are delicious, then some grapes are bluish"(Note that the premise predicate and the conclusion predicate do not necessarily need to be related. They merely need to have an obtainable Boolean value. '~' - The logical "NOT" operator. It merely negates "true"/"false" Boolean predicates into the opposite Boolean value. ~"I decided to traverse the area" becomes "I decided not to traverse the area." "^" - The logical AND operator. "(1+1 = 2) ^ (2 + 2 = 4) --> (5 + 5) == 10", which is true, given that "1 + 1 = 2 ^ 2 + 2 = 4" are both (true ^ true) respectively. Disregarding all of the other logical operators for the current moment, this is a sample expression that I have devised below: Suppose that we have variables 'a' and 'b': a = 100 b = 50 Firstly, let us define a predicate to determine whether the first value is a factor of the second value: R(a,b) = (a % b) This will retrieve the remainder of the division operation "a/b", using the difference between 'a' and 'b' as a referent. Likewise, R(b,a) would also retrieve the remainder of the division operation "b/a", using the difference between 'b' and 'a' as a referent. If I had an expression such as this: (R(a,b) = 0) ^ (R(b,a) = 0) It would be an expected case of a true/false pair. This is due to the mere fact that the (100 % 50) does not have a remainder, whereas (50/100) does indeed have a remainder of fifty itself. Hopefully the above descriptions provides a rather wholesome and otherwise precise discussion involving mathematical logic.

Consider a point P whose coordinates (x,y), x,y∈R satisfy the system

4 cossec(α)x − 6cotg(α)y = 4sen(a)

12 cossec(α)y − 8cotg(α)x = 0

where α is an angle in radians other than kπ (k∈Z). The locus described by the points P, as the angle α is varied, is a segment of?

Let a be a positive real number. Set S(a) to the value of the enclosed area bounded by the y-axis, by the parabola =x² and by the tangent line to the same parabola at the point (a, a²).

Find the limit: lim→+∞ S(a)/(a³ + a² + a + 1)

Last edited:
(FACE+2height)/NT

agepill-teenlovepill=